Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

Originally posted by Cudus
    Hey Highjack, how do you know the bonus on GA is only when your at full defensive setting?

Are you "really" close with a GM?
    1. An understanding of combat mechanics

2. Thorough testing

3. Common sense (which unfortunately is becoming less and less common)

Hopefully you actually read the post closely enough to to catch the "FULL" bonus only happens at 100% Def part.

highjack funny how people scream "nerf" "exploit"
    and "unfair" when they dont understand something. the grid amor is not as "Godlike" as these poeple think and you do have weaknesses in the armor.

hi, blizzaro here, and id just like to say a few things
    yes fixers are nearly immortal, but we were pre 14.4. its not new or anything, insta grid is good stuff.

since 14.4 ive died only twice, once involved me being like 1/4 buffed, and a dimach for 2300. the other involved 3 simultaneous dimachs.

highjack, i respect your work, as i respect all ppl who actually do research as opposed to being sheep. but on lots of that, your just wrong. for one thing, i fight on full agg 100% of the time, and NOBODY hits me near 75%. fotik with 13 or 1400 ma skill plus at or whatever he happens to have, doesnt hit me more then 1/4 id estimate. but youd have to ask him, i havent really paid that much attention, other then to the fact that my hp bar never goes down that far fighting him with dual hots. so your work on that is just wrong. i would say that agg/def DOES matter to some extent, but im realy not sure how much, as far as the playing ive done with it, i always want to be on full agg unless im blitzing, its not worth the atk init penalty otherwise, i spose i should qualify saying that i dont really duel though. if i did, id probably try to learn stupid tricks like being on full def for the alpha P

as to fighting various classes, some of the matchups are funny, i doubt id lose to a random enforcer, but i cant duel them because with maxed dmg shields, they can do their layers over and over and the dmg shield will kill me faster then my hots make up for it. i experimented with this one enf, and over like 3 tries, i just could not beat him.

you shouldnt lose to docs thoug, no doc in the universe has enough atk rating to even think about trying to kill a fixer. i fought some major doc(dont remember name honestly, but it was pomy or loveyou or somebody else reasonably good) and they crit me for 400 with a nova. quack out heals that. itd be tough for you to kill a doc because of ch, but no doc will EVER be able to kill you.

honestly the only class that i really "fear" these days is mps, and even them, they will never catch me. i run waaaaaaaaaay too fast )

btw, thanks fotik for neophyte )

Good one...

Good points Highjack.

I dont agree with them 100%, but still good valid points.

I react with emotion as do you brother.
    I did not use emotion at first, it came after..long after.

Grid Armor works by adding a significant bonus to all evades. Yes, they upped the AC on it, but as most informed people understand, even the 2000 AC on GA MKIV doesn't do much at all. So, sticking with MKIV as the example here, a Fixer will get the equivalent of +2100 to all evades. However, ONLY WHEN THEY ARE IN FULL DEFENSIVE SETTING. That's right kids, a fixer is only at their best in GA when in full Def. At full AGG setting, the fixer only receives a small portion of the defensive benefit. No one knows for sure just how much, but I would say through testing that its around 10% to 15% of the evade bonus.

Yes, i am aware what GA does. I am also aware that thx to what FC did with evades.....GA is in the state it is now.
    Even at full aggro the GA is good, besides you can allways work with the agg/def settings....so i dont see that as an issue.

So, lets take melee classes into consideration here, primarily MAs and you poor enforcers. These two classes arguably have the best ATK ratings in the game (or resulting attacks anyhow..more to come). Enforcers around my level (175) can easily generate a 1200 to 1300 ATK rating. Now, if I were to fight an enforcer at full aggressive setting, we'd have equal ATK and Evade numbers. As such, the enforcer would hit with about 75% of their attacks. This, as anyone informed person will tell you, is plenty to anihilate any fixer, even with their HoTs running full steam.

I am surprised Highjack, i thought you where experienced in pvp.
    First of all, i am lvl 167 and its true i can have an attack rating of close to 1.3k ....with challenger.
    Ask any Enforcer if he will EVER use challenger against a rooter.
    So, back to the good old 1k+ attack rating...

So, the obvious solution? Never fight them in full AGG setting. We have to back down our slider. But guess what? Most fixer weapons of choice are slow enough that backing down the slider past 80% immediately starts to have significant effects on our attack speed. It is not as bad with enforcers, but this is terrible with MAs given their ability to heal. We start attacking so slowly, that MAs can come close to matching our damage with their heals. Enforcers, with their ungodly HP are close to as hard since we just peck away at them at these slower speeds while they heal themselves with stims, etc. Yes, a fixer can just go full defensive and keep from being hit hardly at all. But guess what? we might as well not even shoot back at that point given how slow our attacks are at that point.

Yes i know. Ungodly HP? Eh, i got 10k hp...how much do you have? If we where to fight selfbuffed that is.........
    Lets try some pvp...me and you, and see how fast my ungodly hp goes down.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

5k. And I always fight self buffed in the arena.

And yes, lets try some one on one in the arena. You're what, 166 now? I do have some advantage on you in levels, but not a whole lot.

I think you will see the fight will not be a pushover as you are condending it will be.

NEVER had problem with fixer. Dont really see how they are so uber. If do resist nanoshutdown there damage is never enough send me running so keep up till they get debuffed which will happen then fixer falls fast.

Angelicawench never has a problem with any class though. Ganking is easy....

so is ninja looting

Bye bye

Thumbs down

no Linta .... at least my MA attacks never went through GA (Target resisted, Target resisted, Target resisted, Target resisted...blah blah blah. And this wasnt a low QL attk either.) And even if they did so what? None of my other attacks, ya know....punching, kicking, brawling, all those good things that define my character, even go through. 1016 attack rating .. couldnt even scratch a fixer in MK IV GA.

And if by some miracle...hell i dont even think its possible, if I got a GAd fixer down to an inch of his/her health they just grid away.... ehhhhhhhhhh...right............

**A fixer in GA MK IV is to defensive as an MA with 100% crit buff is to offensive. Think about it. Totally out of control.....imo.**

And GA may be rare yes but, umm give it a month and youll see it a lot more often..not just on 150+s or some level 60 bandwagon twinks.

O, whats that ? NTs still own fixers? Gee one whole class is actually remotely capable of killing a MK IV fixer. Lets see, Fixer = "Flavor of the patch class" = new fixers get flamed. Next patch NT will inevitably be the new "Flavor of the patch class"= new NTs will get flamed......hmmmm

Bleh forgot MPs can also.. but still.. two classes..TOTAL that can kill them? lol Im curious as to how many level 200 MAs or Enforcers it would take to kill one level whatver Fixer using GA MKIV in a reasonable amount of time

/boggle
    Last edited by Konkrete; Jul 22nd, 2002 at 05:41:57.

This may have been covered somewhere in this huge thread but how does grid armor work against attacks that never miss, like Burst, Flingshot, etc. You fire a burst, you always hit. (Dont they?) I fought a Fixer in GA and when I fired off my burst it apparently did max dmg allowed in PvP to him. If this is always the case it would seem that a Soldiers alpha strike would destroy a fixer in GA, or atleast send them running. I know the HoTs rock and may heal the entire amount before a burst recfharges, but what about the other attacks tied in (Flings, FA etc)

I havent had to fight alot of Fixers in GA so I dont know if this is the case so plase correct me if I'm really off base here.

and traders.... traders can deprive that GA right out from under you. question is, could this GA IV fixer kill you? and what % of fixers have GA?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Highjack

I will send you a tell next time i am online.
    If we both have time we can conduct some tests in arena.

We can try different settings and see what happens.
    Hell, we can even go for real too after the tests......
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    This may have been covered somewhere in this huge thread but how does grid armor work against attacks that never miss, like Burst, Flingshot, etc. You fire a burst, you always hit. (Dont they?) I fought a Fixer in GA and when I fired off my burst it apparently did max dmg allowed in PvP to him. If this is always the case it would seem that a Soldiers alpha strike would destroy a fixer in GA, or atleast send them running. I know the HoTs rock and may heal the entire amount before a burst recfharges, but what about the other attacks tied in (Flings, FA etc)

I havent had to fight alot of Fixers in GA so I dont know if this is the case so plase correct me if I'm really off base here.
    Burst works normal, 3 regular shots.

Fling hits, but never crits, so one more regular shot.

FA lands very few hits and none of them crit, so it sucks.

If a fixer dies from this then he must be nanomage with a 30 token board and 0 points in body dev.

Fixers are *******!!!!!!!!

Too bad they can run so fast or I'd own them.

Wow, Kyleb, I didn't know they were putting computers in Kindergarden classrooms now. You didn't even make any spelling errors. Your mommy must be proud of you.

and so begins the flaming....

* refers to his earlier post *
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Hmm Anikitos is the thread starter eh?
    I could be completely wrong on this, and if I am, I apologize 100% in advance, but I think I fought you the other day. Im the 157 (at the time) metaphysicist that rawked you in the tir arena. It was the day the servers went down for maintenence. The servers went down before we could finish our conversation, but you were accusing me of cheating, because I ran faster than you or something, basing this information on that fact that I was the first meta to beat you badly in the arena.

Just one thing I didn't get a chance to say at the time:

Would the three times that you ran away from me and zoned so you wouldnt lose another title be considered cheating?

And our last match, you asked me not to run around (head to head, a meta cannot beat an enforcer, so I use stick and move tactics). If I sat there and let you pound on me, wouldnt i be cheating myself?

I only mention this because you seemed like a really cool guy, but calling someone a cheater just because they won is a bit weak. But all in all, I had a great time PVPing, as I'm extremely new to the sport and didnt realize that metas could rock in pvp. Send me a tell the next time you want a rematch and we'll do it somewhere where we might be less likely to get ganked

LOL! I just read anikitos' posts on this thread and I am like 99.999% sure that he's the one that I whupped in the arena. Being called a cheater still bugs me though, as I'm always self buffed in the arena, as he also claimed to be.

Bro, I say you and i should get together again tonight or tomorrow, scan at the arena terminals, then self terminate at the same time. that way we'll know 100% for sure that we are clean of outside buffs.

It's second grade! I'm the sphelling be champien of my klass!

TheDeacon

Who are you????

What are you????

Why are you?????

You never kicked my ass in arena little one.
    And I never called you a cheater.

I said you had a fixer run buff on you, thats not cheating.
    The problem is, because of the AWESOME lag in arena that day....and because you where running all over the place, there was nothing i could do.

About me caring about title, roflmao.
    I have dueled lvl200 ppl far too many times, and died most of the times. I dont give a damn about title.

But when i cant hit you, because of all the damn LAG and the fact that you have RUN BUFF on.....then i zone.

So plz, STFU and dont talk trash in this thread.

Yes, i be glad to duel you in arena anytime...and teach you a little lesson you little brat.

You have not pvped much have you?
    Talking trash about ppl that you duel is a bad move.
    You will learn this, the hard way.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast