Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

I thought you were gonna let it die? guess not me being a stupid fixer. Cant wait for my mk X or 10k hp from mongo in the mail i trade my GA in for it! Lets nerf adventures too they can pvp now bah.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Hunter...

I was, but when ppl challenge me... I reply!
    Cant help it.

If ppl post stupid things...i set them straight.

P.S
    O tolmon, nika. (Hehe, see if you undestand that...)
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Question

I would like to hear the reply to Lilnymph's question...

Did the Fixer that was going 3-1 and full defensive manage to kill or even wound one of his attackers?

Gridgod - Fixer that dreams of being a Smurf
    Last edited by Twinstars; Jul 12th, 2002 at 14:55:02.

Re: Stromm

Originally posted by Anikitos
    So what? we don't have to abilities in a group that an enforcer does, we don't have their dmg, we don't have their HP, and our real role in AO is still being debated. And a computer hacker with dark blue nano skills is just ridiculous, btw, especially since we rely on our nanos more than enforcers do...Do not even get me started about how you sound right now, either.

You have no clue what an enforcer relies on. We dont rely on our nanos? HAHAHA.....wake up plz.
    Ever heard of Essence, Rage, Shield, MONGO?????????
    NOOB!
    About me going BUHUUU about the dark blue nano skills...did you miss the sarcasm tags?
    I was saying that, because you fixers are WHINING too much about your damn dark blue nano skills.
    I got dark blue nano skills too...SO WHAT?
    Cry me a river.

I have made up my mind Stromm.
    I dont care.
    When i find a way to crack smurf skull, i be content.
    And yes, i think GA4 is a little overpowered.
    DEAL WITH IT, AS I DEAL WITH IT FFS.

BTW
    Since when is it FORBIDEN for me to state my opinion, based on ACTUAL FACTS tested?
    Actually I do, with Grid armor I still get crushed by enforcers even while on full Def. you can send a tell to Sllammer if you want to double-check that. I also never said enforcers don't rely on their nanos period, i did mean however that fixers need their nanos more than enforcers do. Enforcers dont nearly cast as much as i do in duels when i fight (or try to) them. Minus sharp objects inexperience

I was saying that, because you fixers are WHINING too much about your damn dark blue nano skills.
    I got dark blue nano skills too...SO WHAT?
    Cry me a river.

LOL OMG i already answered this!

Since when is it FORBIDEN for me to state my opinion, based on ACTUAL FACTS tested?

When did i say you can't express your opinion? everyone has an opinion that doesn't mean none of them can be wrong. These "actual facts" about fixers in GA is more like dumb luck. If it wasn't, i guess there wouldn't be so many diverse opinions on this thread!
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

arguing online is like running in a special olympics race, even if you win... you're still retarded.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Stromm

Actually I do, with Grid armor I still get crushed by enforcers even while on full Def. you can send a tell to Sllammer if you want to double-check that. I also never said enforcers don't rely on their nanos period, i did mean however that fixers need their nanos more than enforcers do. Enforcers dont nearly cast as much as i do in duels when i fight (or try to) them. Minus sharp objects inexperience

You have not been reading the thread i see....
    I have allready posted the results of my tests with GA.
    I hate....HATE repeating myself.
    I checked out that enf of yours...he is lvl107.
    I am not talking about low lvl fighting here.
    I am talking about GA4 Fixer with maxed evades.
    Dont force me to repost my tests...go read the damn thread.

Sharp objects inexperience? I cast rage to break roots.
    If i am at full def...good luck trying to root me......trust me on this.
    Enforcers dont cast much in duels? Ehh..i give up.
    You have not dueled a layer/rage casting enf have you?

These "actual facts" about fixers in GA is more like dumb luck.

Stromm you are beginning to bend the limits of my patience.
    My tests are based on hardcore facts...observe the word TESTS as in MULTIPLE.
    Not all test can be luck......
    Anyway....why are we discussing this again?

We all know GA4 is uber.
    I know it.
    Fixers that can duel ql200 boss mob knows it.(no joke)
    Those of you that dont know it....eh...no comment.

Enough of this.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Yes, I can kill a 200 boss mob solo.

I am level 174.

I can beat soldiers up to level 190+ most of the time.

I can only beat a like level advent (played well) 50% of the time.

I can only beat a like levle MA 50% of the time.

I can only beat a like level enforcer 50% of the time.

I can never beat a like level trader.

I can never beat a like level MP.

I can never beat a like level Doc.

Haven't fought the rest since patch.

Quit your damn crying and learn that fixers aren't automatic kills for you anymore, nor are they automatic losses.

Fixers are NOT going to say how powerful they are on these boards unless they wanna be nerfed.

Everyone can see what they are in the game, I seen it already and they are DAMN POWERFUL with GA. The point is they just don't want anyone to bring this topic up on these boards...

total morons. You see what you wanna see I guess.

I AM A TOTAL GOD. I WILL RULE THIS GAME WITH AN IRON HAND. ALL WHO OPPOSE ME WILL DIE!*

*except traders,docs,meta's,enforcers,fixers(duh) and anyone and agents fp as a trader,meta,doc(maybe). All ownage is subject to change depending on the intellegence level of the player. Rules do not apply in mexico. Proof of purchase needed to obtain your uber title of flava of tha month. Summon that PVP title baby!
    Last edited by Hunter06; Jul 20th, 2002 at 10:14:00.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Just nice to see that at least all you fixers admit you can beat soldier ass.

- recent Hunter06 victim
    Last edited by Sheldon; Jul 20th, 2002 at 10:18:47.
    RETIRED

FFS

Highjack,

Quit your damn crying and learn that fixers aren't automatic kills for you anymore, nor are they automatic losses.

Automatic kills? WTF are you talking about?
    I have at the most, fought a fixer maybe 1 or 2 times...max.
    Both of them the fixer could not be killed, because he EVACS.
    Thats before GA was made into the uber item it is today.

FFS, give it a rest. We all know you cant be killed.
    Even if a trader debuffs you......evac.
    I dont care about that.

I tell you what i do care about.
    You can kill a lvl200 boss mob....solo.
    Now, HOW DE **** IS THAT BALANCE???????????????

You are acting like children scared that your UBER GA4 will be nerfed or something.

I mean, if you can solo a ql200 mob, you think that is normal?

If you think that its normal, i rest my case.....
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

To Mor

Mor,

I dont care what the fixers want.
    They dont want this to be brought up here?
    So what.

As you said, ppl know. They know.

But what pisses me off is, they cant even admitt that GA4 is extremely powerfull.

I mean, they KNOW exactly how good it is.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

TO highjack

I dont get you Highjack,

You are defensife, ok i get that.
    But stop acting like a fool calling ppl names all the time.

We bring valid points, that does not make us MORONS.

I have EVERY right to say what i want about this issue in the forums.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Yup, you have every right to show that you don't know what you're talking about and are arguing this point on pure emotion rather than understanding anything about how GA works.

As such, let me explain it to you and to every fool who has made the knee-jerk reaction to these recent changes and think fixers are "uber" (LMAO).

Grid Armor works by adding a significant bonus to all evades. Yes, they upped the AC on it, but as most informed people understand, even the 2000 AC on GA MKIV doesn't do much at all. So, sticking with MKIV as the example here, a Fixer will get the equivalent of +2100 to all evades. However, ONLY WHEN THEY ARE IN FULL DEFENSIVE SETTING. That's right kids, a fixer is only at their best in GA when in full Def. At full AGG setting, the fixer only receives a small portion of the defensive benefit. No one knows for sure just how much, but I would say through testing that its around 10% to 15% of the evade bonus.

Now, when the ATK rating of the attacker is equal to the modified evades of the defender, the attacker will hit approximately 75% of the time. This drops as the defender's evades start getting progressively higher than the attacker's ATK rating. Also, this does not apply to special attacks. All special attacks will hit the defender.

So, lets take melee classes into consideration here, primarily MAs and you poor enforcers. These two classes arguably have the best ATK ratings in the game (or resulting attacks anyhow..more to come). Enforcers around my level (175) can easily generate a 1200 to 1300 ATK rating. Now, if I were to fight an enforcer at full aggressive setting, we'd have equal ATK and Evade numbers. As such, the enforcer would hit with about 75% of their attacks. This, as anyone informed person will tell you, is plenty to anihilate any fixer, even with their HoTs running full steam.

MAs are just as dangerous, if not more, given their strong attack rating and crit buffs. As such, fighting an MA in GA MKIV at even levels will get you DEAD...FAST. Just like an enforcer.

So, the obvious solution? Never fight them in full AGG setting. We have to back down our slider. But guess what? Most fixer weapons of choice are slow enough that backing down the slider past 80% immediately starts to have significant effects on our attack speed. It is not as bad with enforcers, but this is terrible with MAs given their ability to heal. We start attacking so slowly, that MAs can come close to matching our damage with their heals. Enforcers, with their ungodly HP are close to as hard since we just peck away at them at these slower speeds while they heal themselves with stims, etc. Yes, a fixer can just go full defensive and keep from being hit hardly at all. But guess what? we might as well not even shoot back at that point given how slow our attacks are at that point.

Well, fixers can just root them right? Don't give me this horse****. We all know that roots don't do **** since they can be broken in half the time it takes the fixer to cast them. Out in the open they have little advantage and in the arena, they have basically none. Slows aren't much better in the open either given the ease of breaking them.

So, what are we left with here? A 50% chance for a fixer to beat a like-level enforcer or MA with similar PvP skills. OH MY GOD! WE HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE TO BEAT YOU!? OH NO!

Now, lets look at traders and MPs. VERY short and simple. They debuff us, we die or evac. Period. I have around 950 nano resist and have YET to resist a single ransack or deprive or nano shutdown. FIXERS CANNOT BEAT A LIKE LEVEL TRADER OR MP (higher level frame of reference).

Docs. Guess what? Fixers cannot beat a like level doctor. Doc debuffs our inits, heals the hell out of themselves. Yes, they can't kill us either if we don't wanna die, but we can't kill them.

Advents. Advents are getting better in the damage dealing area. As such, we start to face the same situation with them as with MAs. We have to fight on a defensive enough setting that slows us enough to let their heals nearly match our damage. We have a BIT easier time with them than MAs, but we are in NO WAY even close to being assured a kill against a like level Advent.

Agents. Hmm....how many agents fight a GA fixer without going FP Trader? 'nough said.

Soldiers. Yes, I will admit that Fixers in GA IF THEY PLAY INTELLIGENTLY, should beat a like level soldier every time. You cannot, however, just walk up to a soldier and blast away at him thinking you'll win. There are some things you will have to do, but yes, I should beat not only like-level soldiers every time, but soldiers up to 15 levels above me. Why? They can't heal so it doesn't matter that I have to use a nearly full Def setting to fight them.

I cannot speak intelligently about our chances with NTs, 'crats or engineers since I haven't fought any since the patch.

So...as I said before.

Solders, yes we can beat them relatively easily.

Enforcers. 50-50. Oh no, how uber we are!

MAs. 50-50 at best. Again...ooo...how uber!

Traders. We lose or evac.

MPs. We lose or evac.

Agents. We lose or evac.

Docs. Shoot at each other until the end of time.

Advents. Basically same as a doc.

Hmm....lets take a final look at the UBER FIXERS!

1 guaranteed win

2 equally matched

2 stalemate

3 guaranteed losses or evacs.

3 still in question.

Ya...totally uber. Oh, and did I mention that those lovely smurf suits basically act as big blue targets in any open PvP zone? Ya, great benefit there.

So, once again, quit your crying and realize the FACTS. Are fixers a hell of alot better than we were before? Yes. Does GA give us an unfair advantage? Not even in the slightest.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Jul 21st, 2002 at 00:21:08.

P.S. Oh, and being able to solo most 200 boss mobs....

You know it takes about 30 minutes to do that right and the only reason we'd ever even care to do it is just for the amusement factor of doing it once or twice? Of course you do. You know so much.

You know that it in no way effects you in the slightest that we can do that right? Of course you do.

/me cant wait until Highjack goes up against a RRF+bracer soldier that uses one more hit healing. Talk about boring tho. =\
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Already have. Also, add dragon armor into the picture too

Hey Highjack, how do you know the bonus on GA is only when your at full defensive setting?

Are you "really" close with a GM?
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by Mor(Oop! Edit: Moron):

"Fixers are NOT going to say how powerful they are on these boards unless they wanna be nerfed.

Everyone can see what they are in the game, I seen it already and they are DAMN POWERFUL with GA. The point is they just don't want anyone to bring this topic up on these boards..."

What the hell are you talking about? We have already admitted that since 14.4 the possibility of playing the class better was skyrocketed, and that the profession is much better now, and we have a chance in pvp. And don't you poke fun with the 'unless they want to be nerfed' **** if you were in the same position of course you don't want to be nerfed, does that automatically mean you aren't being honest when you try to defend yourself against the uninformed? Yeah we're damn good in GA, infact GA is our only chance in pvp, thats why it shouldn't be nerfed. If I didn't want the topic to be brought up on the boards i wouldn't have responded to the original poster, Anikitos, who i met today and i am moving this post on to about -

Today i was at the tir arena looking for someone to duel 1 on 1, when i recieved a tell from Anikitos himself - I have to admit, i have a great deal of respect for him now seeing that he didn't take a forum disagreement personally like other people always do in games. He proved me wrong about nano resist doing nothing, roots couldnt land on him and he tells me he has 1.4k nano resist (or something like that) and that he resists even NT nukes sometimes, but i'm still yet to see that. He hit me 5 times and 2 times he missed, I have Grid armor MKII. I was at full defensive. He then tells me that 'MKII and MKIII suck' so from here i dunno what to believe other than what i am about to type in this post.

He told me that he is able to kill sware when the fixer is at full aggresive, but him, a 200 soldier, and a 165 agent all at one time were not able to kill a fixer in GA 4 when the fixer was at full def. This tells me a lot about the armor, and makes me remember about evades being changed in the recent patch. I also had a brief conversation with Fotik who says he thinks evades should be reworked. My conclusion after this is that the evade change is similar to the 50% damage. It's incomplete. 50% damage with 100% is unbalanced. A tweak on evades with no tweak on how attack rating works is unbalanced. I think it was coldstrike who responded to my question about why there was no posts like this before 14.4 when GA was around even then, she told me it was because evades were reworked in 14.4 and oh, cant forget the 'duh.' So if people didnt have this same problem before 14.4 then obviously it isn't the armor. GA can simply NOT be nerfed. if it is, fixers will go back to using regular armor, being it more effective than a nerfed class specific item everyone used to drool over. Anikitos also agreed with me when i compared attack rating/evades to heals/dmg that if you nerf something like a regen individually, if there is 50% heals it becomes maybe even less than 25% effective and you get another thread like this, fixers IPR bio met etc. What needs to be done here folks is within the system, not a nerf toward a class - no, people are only crying nerfs on because either their class isnt good enough/updated enough (soldier), they want to be more uber than they ever were, or they just plain out do not understand the game mechanics of AO, or the common roots of them from other games and how damage is worked out.

A lot of this complaining reminds me of when people used to play fallout tactics one or two times a week and then whine about something on the forums that was actually false, and the way this was known was by the people who actually played the game more, and figured out tactics, strategies, and how the game works. No one wants to explore these days.

And excuse me for getting a little off-topic here, but lately theres been so many complaints about fixers evac'ing before they die. WTF? is the satisfaction of knowing you beat them not enough for you? Is a title point really all that matters to people in pvp? This is sad! and people wonder why the storyline isnt cookin, or 'the players arent doing anything' its because of these god damn titles that give the 'ub3r desire' all the oppurtunity. I mean even more so when you fight MPs or Traders and they debuff your nano skills you won't even have the nano skill to use a faster evac, maybe even none! Hell if titles were taken out there would be much less ganking in the arena, where organized duels are supposed to and should take place, and there would be less whining and we'd have a hell of a shortage of 'ub3r d00dz.' I saw enough of that in EQ, right when you thought there was a point in AO they walk in the picture and turn that right around.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jul 21st, 2002 at 02:14:59.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast