Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just do 40% healing

Talking just do 40% healing

I mean..damage is 40%..why not do healing 40%*? Calling for 50% (max) heals would totally screw over MAs/traders, as our best heal (ma) is ql 140ish...and is crap post 175+...50% heal would mean at BEST, a high lvl MA could heal 250-500ish points of damage every 8 seconds...which isn't a whole lot better than the soldier heal...and everyone knows how bad that one sucks ;P

Please also bear in mind that the MA heal has a RECHARGE- of 8 seconds...thus it cannot be improved by any means...and basically locks the MA down (no root breaking, switching bracers, debuffs, rebuffs, ect..) for the alloted time.

40%* heals would ALSO mean that docs would have to heal in pvp more often, as opposed to just waiting until they have 1000ish hitpoints and complete healing to full health, (saving nano and giving them extra time to pull of a couple extra shots/debuffs) ...they would have to heal much SOONER and more often (thus giving them less nano for init debuffs and DoTs, making the fight a bit more balanced)....yet 40%* healing wouldn't affect the trader/MA heals...I don't think I need to explain why either of those heals shouldn't be nerfed (yah suicide heals ) =P

With the upcomming reflect nerf, I don't think an explanation/excuse is needed for the heal nerf...I know that i'll never pvp a doc who can crit for 1300+ and full heal 4+ times (approx 40,000 hitpoints in total). :/

Just my 2¢

* = 40% of max health, not 40% of the total heal.

Talking

P.S: I don't think it takes a whole lot of skill to be a doc good at pvp...how hard is it to get a gun, the CH nano and an HE...

/end vent

you may begin flaming...I suspect pomy can't wait to shred this one...its posted by an omni! D:
    Last edited by Element; Aug 19th, 2002 at 04:09:21.

You cannot cap it at 40%, nobody higher up can heal for 40% unless its a full heal.

Learn before you post! :P
    Okay healing 40% of total hp in a full heal is nice but that difies that points of a "total heal" so ...

I said this already Im not going to go into detail buy think about it, get heal stats, people HP higher up and work it out.
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

so why didnt u just say "Nerf docs and adv's complete heal in pvp......... since they are the only ones who can heal more then 40% of their max health.

Originally posted by A²
    so why didnt u just say "Nerf docs and adv's complete heal in pvp......... since they are the only ones who can heal more then 40% of their max health.
    I think that was the point he was trying to make..

CH is the only heal that is big enough to cause a major imbalance in PvP anyway, so I sort of see his logic.

Lol, that would be a ****ty deal for MA's, i've got ~4000 hp at level 115...at BEST, i do about 800 points for a heal, that's really not alot when you're getting hit for the same amount of damage in the time it takes for you to heal that

AND we have an 8 second recharge....
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

dork >;P

Originally posted by Frost
    You cannot cap it at 40%, nobody higher up can heal for 40% unless its a full heal.

Learn before you post! :P
    Okay healing 40% of total hp in a full heal is nice but that difies that points of a "total heal" so ...

I said this already Im not going to go into detail buy think about it, get heal stats, people HP higher up and work it out.
    okay..*you* don't pvp post 150, as you made so painfully clear.

Re: just do 40% healing

Originally posted by Element
    I mean..damage is 40%..why not do healing 40%*? Calling for 50% (max) heals would totally screw over MAs/traders, as our best heal (ma) is ql 140ish...and is crap post 175+...50% heal would mean at BEST, a high lvl MA could heal 250-500ish points of damage every 8 seconds...which isn't a whole lot better than the soldier heal...and everyone knows how bad that one sucks ;P

Please also bear in mind that the MA heal has a RECHARGE- of 8 seconds...thus it cannot be improved by any means...and basically locks the MA down (no root breaking, switching bracers, debuffs, rebuffs, ect..) for the alloted time.

40%* heals would ALSO mean that docs would have to heal in pvp more often, as opposed to just waiting until they have 1000ish hitpoints and complete healing to full health, (saving nano and giving them extra time to pull of a couple extra shots/debuffs) ...they would have to heal much SOONER and more often (thus giving them less nano for init debuffs and DoTs, making the fight a bit more balanced)....yet 40%* healing wouldn't affect the trader/MA heals...I don't think I need to explain why either of those heals shouldn't be nerfed (yah suicide heals ) =P

With the upcomming reflect nerf, I don't think an explanation/excuse is needed for the heal nerf...I know that i'll never pvp a doc who can crit for 1300+ and full heal 4+ times (approx 40,000 hitpoints in total). :/

Just my 2¢

* = 40% of max health, not 40% of the total heal.
    Ohh, u want a doc nerf. Why dont u spell it out loud.
    Dont u think MA's need a nerf too? after all u have UVC, great evades, heals, ac, can use almost all wpn in the game( with uvc).
    There are not many professions in the game that can give u a hard time in 1 vs 1 , yet u whine against doc's CH.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

I think that was the point he was trying to make..

CH is the only heal that is big enough to cause a major imbalance in PvP anyway, so I sort of see his logic.
    LOL, yea CH is just as unbalancing as MK shields is...

real sick of people whining about not being able to kill everyone all the time.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Re: Re: just do 40% healing

Originally posted by Fryli

Dont u think MA's need a nerf too? after all u have UVC, great evades, heals, ac, can use almost all wpn in the game( with uvc).
    There are not many professions in the game that can give u a hard time in 1 vs 1 , yet u whine against doc's CH.
    MA heals...yes..our heals are damn nice..500ish when we have to suffer through your init debuffs (on the rare occasion when we can heal, i.e. not deprived, nano shutdown, debuffed by NTs, ect..ect..) giving it a whopping 10 second cast time with a meager 8 second recharge.. (btw- i hope your picking up my sarcasm, because i'm laying it on pretty thick)

omg..i cant believe you ragged on soldiers TMS..when was the last time you lost a fight to a soldier because of TMS...ffs are you ebayed? Don't tell me you cant just CH all the damage they do when they TMS...from what i understand most average docs can CH 5+ times, w/o HE and stims...so if you have 8k hitpoints, CH whenever you get down to 1k, thats roughly the equivalent of 40k+ hitpoints...which your opponent has to damage while his inits are in the negative 1ks...yeah..you docs have it really tough...better watch yourself against those soldiers! they're sneaky. *cough cough troll cough cough*

Re: Re: just do 40% healing

yes Fryli..... we want something that balances pvp, since healing/debuffs have beome the winning factor in pvp.

I want no nerfs for you guys, but I want dmg at 100%
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

LOL, yea CH is just as unbalancing as MK shields is...
    k you dont know what you re talking about, anyway here is a solution that wont nerf anyone

- RRF self along with bracers " fix-nerf"
    - uncap dmg to 100%
    - uncap the specials

thats cool for me, so no doc will feel hurt and i doubt u can even start to CH with a good alpha.

How dare you say CH isnt unbalanced i saw you tonite gettin alphaed by 6 level 200 all with alpha guns and u didnt die u just healed up all the damage...how balanced is that uh ? same as me with MKX ? i doubt i can survive more than 10 sec with 6 people bashing me real hard.

All of us should have the same HP as mobs our level. That would make full damage a lot more appropriate.

It will, of course, make complete heal that much more effective. Then fine, raise the nano cost on it to 3/4 of the nano.

::sigh::

I don't know, I just know that since I can't heal, and I have nothing on my side but damage, these threads make my head spin.

-- uncap dmg to 100%

Maybe, if so our nukes really need to be readjusted. All the crits and specials make our nukes look pretty shabby -- especially the time it takes to cast them.

Originally posted by Infamine

k you dont know what you re talking about, anyway here is a solution that wont nerf anyone

- RRF self along with bracers " fix-nerf"
    - uncap dmg to 100%
    - uncap the specials

thats cool for me, so no doc will feel hurt and i doubt u can even start to CH with a good alpha.

How dare you say CH isnt unbalanced i saw you tonite gettin alphaed by 6 level 200 all with alpha guns and u didnt die u just healed up all the damage...how balanced is that uh ? same as me with MKX ? i doubt i can survive more than 10 sec with 6 people bashing me real hard.
    Haha, then u whined in the bunker...
    Well, why dont u tell the whole trut about that fight? or u might missed something? An MA and Angel(doc) healing me to, would not have survived without them

And i've seen soldiers fight more then 6 ppl and get away with it, so dont say that ur soldier is not a good pvp toon for big fights, because imo soldiers are one of the best professions at staying alive.

Yea, i dont care if they make dmg 100%, but all we will see then is u and ur fellow soldiers zone with mk up, then alpha and zone back. Ohh, we miss those times dont we...? to bad most soldiers died of my dots after zoning tho it wont happen today with the HP all ppl run around with these days...

I dont mind if they nerf healing to 50% either as long as they nerf MK, RRF, AC ++, and then debuffs need a nerf too... So when will this end? Because i can assure u that if u and ur fellow whiners get healing nerfed, i gues all healers will whine to get shields nerfed....when and where will this end?

Yea, Element i kinda tried to trigger Coldstrike some
    But both MK line of shileds and CH kinda have the same mission...and none of them have been nerfed, and both works the same way at 50/40dmg as they did with 100% dmg.

Infamine, how dare do u say MK is not unbalancing, because last night i fought Asmodeus along with like 5 others vs him, and i did 0 dmg to him for over 1 min i gues i will scream nerf MK then... but i dont...i only say if healing is nerfed then....

But offcourse u will never wote for an equal nerf of all defensive buffs along with heals....but u want 100% dmg back because with MK-X u will be unkillable.

Why is the easiest way out for u guys to scream nerf when u have trouble killing ppl in PvP? Why dont u ask for some improvements on ur professions to do good in pvp?

Beartwo, tell me what balance is in ur opinion?

Element, u try to be funny? wait til u get down to 1000 hp before casting CH, hehe... doc's would die fast playing like that.

I have no problem saying that i hope soldiers get some love soon, because they should be better then they are today in 1 vs 1 situations, 50/40 dmg hurt them a bit more then most other rangedwpn users since they rely only on dmg and MK. I.e nanoshutdown on MK should be removed ( keep the 2 min cap tho), so that they can use nanos during the fight.
    As soldiers u should have an opinon about how to make soldiers better, because nerfing other professions is not gona make u any better in the long run, FC will hit u back with some nerf dmg...

Bah, this became to long and out of order but i dont care to edit it now, flame on...
    Last edited by Fryli; Aug 19th, 2002 at 14:13:12.

uncap dmg to 100%?!

Are you mad?

That will bring us back to patch 12.x (or something, can't remember.) with Agents doing 10k AS (instakill), Soldier-alpha 10k FA (instakill) and most other professions doing dmg over 1k all the time... how will that make things better?
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

100% damage and 100% heals in pvp whit damage caps

/ Tolbat

damage-caps? You mean on specials or?
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

sorry

Sounds like another... "I got owned by a doc, so Im gonna go cry about it on the forums" thread.

BAH.

You can't win em all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast