Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Attn:Funcom, and All friends of Aazamon/Jesse: Official Petition for Memorial

well let's step back here, I thought about this, in all sympathy to Jesse and his loved ones, i'm sure he isn't the first AO player to pass on, and every one desreving of a statue of some sort, maybe have FC allow memorials in player cities?

I agree that there may be alot of player's that have passed on..and not all can be honor'd. in such a kigh profile place...but there are exceptions to everything and this player had an implact on the social aspects of the game for alot of people.

I didn't know him/her personaly but i never had any bad experence's eather..that can't be said for many players and I beleave it's worth putting up a statue....it also serve's as a role model for other players of the effect you can have on other's even when your not here.....he/she's not asking for a staute..the commuity is...and community support is the base of any side in the conflict.

drg
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

I'd bump for a memorial in a Player City

Well, this is my final appeal to FC: Memorial to Aaz -- yesterday. I'm tired of the disappointment, the lack of reasonable response to the RP community's requests and demands, and the very tired, sad feeling that this company is deaf to the wishes of its customers. Played since beta, ready to move on to pastures greener.

Till all are free.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Be realistic... While I would like to see a memorial as well, the people who bumped this thread represent the uber minority of players in this game. Lets say for example, the 105 posts here are individual users requesting this action (I realize its not because I've posted here at least 4 times). The last known sub numbers for AO were around 30K. Im sure its higher now, as that number is outdated. 105 out 0f 30k, represents 00.35% of the player base. If FC were to listen to that small of a base to make a change, that will spell the end to AO. The whole NT prof would quit because they've been begging for changes for years and not much has been done. I'm sure other profs too.

I understand the love for Aaz. He was a great guy; he held the NLF together during a time where other guilds would have imploded. We are all sad that he is gone, but maybe the answer is for memorials to be added to player cities so the NLF can have one for Aaz there..

Jhekor

I see what your saying about how small a group this is that knew this person, hell, I know I didn't, and I am not saying put up a statue of just any old person, I would prefer something that would be a tribute to all, not just one.

Not that it matters, but it wouldn't have to do with how many people play, but how many people voice their opinians here on the forums.

Edit: Maybe this shouldn't be in Atlantian buzz, a thread should be started in an area that the entire community checks talking about a tribute to those who have passed on. Set it up with a poll and what not. Just a thought.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

Bump. Lest we forget.

Who was he in the first place?

Postcount++
    Last edited by DuckFu; Dec 18th, 2005 at 23:32:36.
    Crouching Atrox, hidden Yalm.

I vote yes. Has been a long time coming and I truely hope it gets put up.
    Amanda"Luvii"Sahadumn
    Doctor of Omni-Tek

[ooc: I sign this and any movement to urge FC to be more proactive in expanding, changing or growing the overall community of the game.. via actual things which are player caused...created... or inspired.. is a good thing. Be it a statue of a hero to those whom have domicile nearby.. or allowing for non capital cities to be taken and controlled by opposing factions.. its high time for Funcom to get their act together and treat the "Role Players" who play the "Role playing game".. with a bit more recognization... else.. just call this "Anarchy Online the Massively Multiplayer Online Multi User Dungeon"... cause thats all it is.. a graphical mud.. The lack of change in the game based on actual player events is disheartening at best.. and disgusting at worst. I have alot of respect for the players who do their best to actually create a compelling story within the extreme confines of a Graphical Mud.]

IC: Don't know him.. Don't care.. its your city... deface it however you wish.. just don't let us catch you tarnishing any clan city walls with your NLF propoganda
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 13th, 2006 at 13:24:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    just don't let us catch you tarnishing any clan city walls with your NLF propoganda
    We will be right over..

May Aazamon's memory live on forever! TILL ALL ARE FREE!!

~Ironox
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

[(...)The lack of change in the game based on actual player events is disheartening at best.. and disgusting at worst. I have alot of respect for the players who do their best to actually create a compelling story within the extreme confines of a Graphical Mud.]
    [Xaun. You're wrong. You probably don't know better, but you're wrong.

Back on topic. Cheers to Aazamon's memory.]

He was the most sensible Nanomage Liberation Front leader I know of. A whole different league than the crazies that leads that group today.

[ooc: I sign this and any movement to urge FC to be more proactive in expanding, changing or growing the overall community of the game.. via actual things which are player caused...created... or inspired.. is a good thing. Be it a statue of a hero to those whom have domicile nearby.. or allowing for non capital cities to be taken and controlled by opposing factions.. its high time for Funcom to get their act together and treat the "Role Players" who play the "Role playing game".. with a bit more recognization... The lack of change in the game based on actual player events is disheartening at best.. and disgusting at worst.
    ((Look around - there is actually quite a bit named for or referenced to roleplayers and nonroleplayers alike. My personal favorite))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( Funcom is the *ONLY* game comany that will name items, and for that much even change acctual static things in the game world accoring to player's actions. Look at Old Athen. The guards in Tir. the AI social clothes. even some Items have been named after players, like the upgraded versions of the combined sharpshooter's Helmet. Feel free to try and find one, and prove me wrong.

Four years, 5 companies, and about 12 different titles.... Nadda... And yes, if you are saying I don't have a life, you have no idea how correct you are :P ))

ooc Putting my name on this petition, ty

OOC: While having never know this person I have great respect for the NLF and all the RP work they do. This would be a great monument to a seemingly great person, and a great orgizination.

So what if I'm a rimorian?

I declare my vote.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

(ooc)

I'd personally support it, not just because of the event it can mark, but because it's tastefull and meaningfull to the players there right now. Though I'd lean towards the marking the wall, a sign, some form like that if anything can be done at all.

Good luck.

(/ooc)
    Eigen (215/11 Bureaucrat) Aspilian (174/16 Enforcer)
    Chocolate (135/7 Engineer) Masataka (76/8 Agent)

Eigen: Regidoc is good with her fingers huh..?
    Veldron: Very.

Vallikat: who is surprised by that?
    Veldron: How do you think she got leadership of VE away from me?

Veldron coughs
    Vallikat laughs
    Kirasha: She came over when you were passed out at your desk and took it.

I support this petition wholeheartedly having met and dealt with Aazamon and I considered him to be a man of stout convictions and discipline.
    Parasite "Xianik" Red

Hand of the Tiptoe Consortium

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast