Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Attn:Funcom, and All friends of Aazamon/Jesse: Official Petition for Memorial

I support this petition.
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

I would like to add my support to this petition as well. I have not had the honour of meeting Aaz - but I support this initiative completely.

As a young nano-mage, I would make a pilgrimage to his statue myself to sit and reflect.

((And I honestly think FC could have no better reason than to change the face of RK in this way, Chickpowah said "Step Lively" - I'm sure you will))

/ooc

It's not that I don't support a memorial of Aazamon, but I don't see a statue as being the way someone that played a "terrorist/freedom fighter should be honored at this point in time. I like the idea of blastering the "Till all are free!" profiganda around the cities or even renaming the area around the Notum Tree in his honor, something like Entering: Aazamon Final Rest or something to that nature.

/ooc

I'm getting pretty frustrated with FC's lack of response to the VERY vocal and VERY firm insistance that a memorial to Aaz be made in the game. It wouldn't take a lot of time, effort or coding to do such a thing that would mean so much to so many PAYING CUSTOMERS. It gets my panties in a bunch that it's okay to name an outfit for an org that never did anything but cyber and create ooc drama till it destroyed them, but they can't add a statue or even a bit of graffiti to a Borealis wall for someone who made a long lasting positive impact on the game for so many people and for so LONG.

Come on FC, do the right thing. Show a tiny bit of commitment to the people who have shown your game a whole LOT of commitment. And do it soon. PLEASE.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

/ooc

I too am sad at the lack of action on FC's part. However, I understand it. I feel that they don't want to set a precedent. Once you do it for one, you do it (or have requests) for many more. I was close to Aaz a couple years ago as a member of the NLF, if anyone deserves a monument its him. But what about the player who died on 9/11 or any other player who is known to have died? This is why I've resigned myself to the belief that the monument won't happen.

Signed...Till All Are Free!

Enforcon - Veteran of The Independent Rubikans
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by Jhekor
    /ooc

I too am sad at the lack of action on FC's part. However, I understand it. I feel that they don't want to set a precedent. Once you do it for one, you do it (or have requests) for many more. I was close to Aaz a couple years ago as a member of the NLF, if anyone deserves a monument its him. But what about the player who died on 9/11 or any other player who is known to have died? This is why I've resigned myself to the belief that the monument won't happen.
    /still ooc

Jhek, I understand what you're saying, but we're not talking just any average person here. We're talking about Aazamon, a guy who did as much good for the community as any ARK, but without the green name and fringies. He was more than just a nice guy, he was Someone Important. Not just to me and a small handful, but to the community at large. FC has honored people (with ingame changes, be they area names, items or other even more obvious "landscape" additions) who have made far less effort and commitment to the community. It seems more than a little callous and uncaring on their part to neglect to do something this small for Aaz, who didn't just move on from the game but was a dedicated community leader until he died.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Who the heck was Aazamon?
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Missing the days of 12.4 - Advisor of Clan Forsaken
    >Current: >Wo "Chaolz" Ha - 220 ENF >Former: >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF

/sign

Quote Originally Posted by Chaolz
    A terrorist leader with radical beliefes.

(( OOC:

He was a widely known role player though out the community. He was a friend of mine and a fellow role player. We were great enemies of each other, hence the statement above. I suggest asking a NLF member for a better version of who he was. ))

Aazamon was the fearless champion of the Nanomage breed. He would never back off even against overwhelming odds. But even as he fought bitterly against Notum depletion, he would always have time to spare for the newest Nanomage, whether he or she (or Atrox) was Omni, Clan, or Neutral.

He never smiled, but he radiated love nonetheless.... Even when kidnapping org leaders or bombing Notum export facilities.

The best example of Aazamon's passion is probably this:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=225376

(( A forum search of his posts always make for an exciting read. His passion is demonstrated over and over. Who but an excellent role-player could ever make something like raw material export into something that starts fights?))

Till All Are Free!

Vytocyt
    Nanomage Liberation Front

So he died?

Ack. Read through some of his stuff now. Even tho I hate RP and generally think less of RP'ers, these games 'live' more with these kinds of ppl around. And it certainly seems he did alot for the RP community.

/sign
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Missing the days of 12.4 - Advisor of Clan Forsaken
    >Current: >Wo "Chaolz" Ha - 220 ENF >Former: >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF

So he died?
    This is the final kind of death Chaloz... not the kind we experience everyday in SL and on RK.. there is no reclaim.. just the memory of a great leader, and friend.

He was my friend, and I will carry him with me in my heart always.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

*has a sad look on his face as he writes this out*

The question on the mind of all of us that have signed these 5 pages is anything going to come of this? As to date I have not heard of any official responce, and would like to ask for one.

Aaz was a great man and it would be shameful to let this die without some sort of answer.

Please come foward higher powers and grant us an answer.

~Ironox
    Last edited by alto; Mar 4th, 2005 at 21:24:31.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

I've never met him, but he seems like he was a great guy, even If he was a Terrorist

I sign this petition in hopes to bring some warmth and spirit into my hometown of Borealis, a cold place as it stands...

-Terrato Unit Commander of Dark Carnival
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'll sign this, I think it is a great idea and I also know people from this game who have passed. Let this not only stand as a memorial to Aazamon, but to all the ones who were once part of this great community yet are no longer with us.

R.I.P. Aazamon - The Rebel Yell, Pillar of Freedom

R.I.P. LadyKumiko - Beloved Friend, Twink, and First Female Ninja of the LOFN (Leauge of Fabulous Ninjas).

And to all the rest there may be, we will never forget you.

Signed,
    Knightzilla
    Last edited by Knightzilla; Mar 11th, 2005 at 11:35:36.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

This shall not die

~NLF
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Signed, why don't FC give a yes, no or maybe on this

What he said, can FC give us a little feed back on some kind of memorial statue or something to honor our peers who have passed?

Edit: Can we get this rooted to if it isnt to much to ask?
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast