Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Attn:Funcom, and All friends of Aazamon/Jesse: Official Petition for Memorial

OOC: Would be nice for one of the finest rp chars.

IC: A statue for a terrorist they must be mad!
    Warlord01 --- 202 Meta-Physicist - AL 13
    Warlord2 ---- 200 Adventurer ----- AL 11
    Warlord1 ---- 184 Fixer ------------- AL 06
    President of Black Dawn Syndicate

Sounds good to me!

ps. For you all corporate hard-noses in the 327th floor of Funcom Headquarters, it sounds like it might spur a couple of headlines in games magazines. Win-win.
    Last edited by Virta; Nov 25th, 2004 at 12:00:15.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

((I support spray painting the wall with "Til all are free!"))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Memorial

I would like to voice my support for this memorial.

It's got my support!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

All already ARE free, of course. Thanks to Omni-Tek. But a lively spraypainted message would be great for property values in the area.

Hm. Then again if all are free, why do we need to ask permission to deface a wall in someone's memory?

((ooc: I support this idea 100%. I hope Funcom can do the right thing without worrying too much about the potential PR fallout. Some (uninformed) people might call this exploitative, using a situation like this to add 'live content' to their game. Hopefully they can do it without a great deal of fanfare, and let it be what it is. Certainly if they can name weapons and items after characters in game, they can place a memorial to someone who deserves it and won't be around to see it.))

Signed in for a memorial by:
    The former United White Knights, and their former president Vickie "ladypz" Creehan

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Tzivara
    All already ARE free, of course. Thanks to Omni-Tek. But a lively spraypainted message would be great for property values in the area.

Hm. Then again if all are free, why do we need to ask permission to deface a wall in someone's memory?

((ooc: I support this idea 100%. I hope Funcom can do the right thing without worrying too much about the potential PR fallout. Some (uninformed) people might call this exploitative, using a situation like this to add 'live content' to their game. Hopefully they can do it without a great deal of fanfare, and let it be what it is. Certainly if they can name weapons and items after characters in game, they can place a memorial to someone who deserves it and won't be around to see it.))
    Your right
    Warlord01 --- 202 Meta-Physicist - AL 13
    Warlord2 ---- 200 Adventurer ----- AL 11
    Warlord1 ---- 184 Fixer ------------- AL 06
    President of Black Dawn Syndicate

think some are taking this "rp" thing into something..else.

Maybe if it wasnt fleshreaper/NLF that posted this, I might believe in the slight possibility that this isnt some pathetic attempt to get some attention.

unless you are the guys IRL family or something...get real...

My reply

As a young Nanomage i did not have the pleasure of meeting Aazamon. At the same time, i trust NLF and fully support this petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrian
    think some are taking this "rp" thing into something..else.

Maybe if it wasnt fleshreaper/NLF that posted this, I might believe in the slight possibility that this isnt some pathetic attempt to get some attention.

unless you are the guys IRL family or something...get real...

You miss the point. This is someone who helped to drive the storyline of the game over the last few years. This is a RPG, so.. when the rest of us who are really gamers come in and play the power game, that gets lost. Aazamon never forgot that.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

I support this as well...

just um.. dont tell the people I work for that I supported anything to do with the NLF.
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

*ball2*

i agree with this petition, its for a good cause and does no harm to anything

I fully support this idea.

Sollstice, advisor of The Independent Rubikans
    Maxwell "Sollstice" Ganzer

The official neutral banana

Proud advisor of The Independent Rubikans

this petition has my vote!!
    For you people making negative remarks against a great human being You need to set aside the differences and let a Human being be remembered as graciously as possible. I am sure if you where to pass on in RL it would greatly honor you to know that people remember you and want something placed in game so other people can remember too. Set aside the fact of this game being an RPG and look at the true life side of it all. A person has passed away, his friends and comrades want him to be remembered in a honorable way. I know if it where one of your friends or someone you thought highly of you wouldn't want anything in the world to be said bad about them. I feel that Aaz was a terrific person and helped with whatever he could and remembering him by placing a statue of him is a great and noble thing that he would have cherished.

This is not about what a statue would represent in game politically!! It's about a statue that represents a human life that was shared and cherished by many.
    Tsalagi - 215 Soldier AI-11

8/20/66 - 12/8/04

Till All Are Free!

A memorial to Aazamon would inspire young Nanomages across Rubi-Ka, be they Clan, Omni, or Neutral. A location in Borealis would enable all to come visit.

I support this effort.

Vytocyt
    Nanomage Liberation Front

You have my support

/Os
    Braver 220 Neutral Doctor

*click*

((Yes, a fine way to remember a member of the community and a player, I support this.

/salute))
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

You have my support . Sorry for your loss.

*writes her name with flowing letters*

Petition Signed. Until we all are free.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast