Thread: Alternative to Level Reqs.

Alternative to Level Reqs.

This is based on a guess. My guess is that the real problem, as perceived by Funcom, is buffing to buff.

For example a MA get hit with Premium Skill Wrangler and the appropriate Mochams. This gives him 271 more to his nano skills. He then casts his buffs while Skill Wrangler lasts, then cancelling the Mochams except those he needs for his heals.

Herein lies the problem, his buffs are now "over equipped". For short duration buffs (like Anima, Challenger, Inner Peace Outward Rage) this is not a problem. To do this continuously you need a pet Trader sacrificing all his own skills to keep you buffed. It's not a problem for nukes either.

But it is a problem for long duration buffs (like Instill, Essence, UVC). Or so Funcom thinks it seems.

So Funcom hits all new nanos with a level req. Often an insane level req. 195 is required for Frenzy of Shells, which a properly implanted and buffed Fixer could in theory cast 90 levels earlier.

A more appropriate solution would be to hit buffs with the same OE rules as pets. When you fall under 80% of the required skills to cast you loose that buff.

Buffs from others is more problematic. And I don't have a really good solution to that yet. Maybe someone else can spin this further and come up with a non-level-req-but-yet-satisfying-funcom way to do it even for others?
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

One short note: I would be happiest if we went back to the 14.2 system for nanos. No level reqs, no OE system. Allowing buffing into buffs to get the edge.

But Funcom feels different, so I am trying to suggest a system which won't make the game level based.
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

That's not their 'explanation'. They are saying that in Shadowlands, a lot of extra items and buffs will be out, allowing you to greatly raise your nanoskills. Level-caps are going to be in place to prevent people from using things at trivial levels. It makes no sense, does it?

It's just another attempt of Funcom to try and dumb down the game as much as possible, since stupid/and or lazy people generally outnumber other people in all areas of life.
    ~Chris