Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT's and Crits

Actually, Elbo, there is a lot of truth in Rotamus's words. I have the ability to "crit" at the press of a key. After Izzy's flame strikes for 2250-2900, my pistols go nuts until I decide to "crit" again. Trust me, I know aggro, and I know I can keep it better than any soldier, most enforcers, and most MA's.

I tank 9 out of 10 missions
    Its kinda funny really.. occasionally in a throw together team with lower levels in it (lower being < 140) people will scream ADD! ADD! why dont you calm it????

I just chuckle to myself, target the add, and Izzy's flame it to pull the agro onto myself. I know how to stay alive, and if they all end up on me, other people don't die.

I'm using the same pistol setup as a lot of NT's, Custom Reet and Electronicum. In the AG damage calculator, the Electronicum V3 has better average damage than a Nova, crits bigger, and is a tad faster. Top it off, I crit for 2k+ on vets. Add that in with a nuke that taunts and does a minimum of 2k damage, and that adds up to a lot of agro.

We don't need crits on nanos. I'd like to see some more higher level fast recharge, single target nukes. I haven't used one in 4 months. I'd like to see some more medium nukes above 879 MC, would give me a reason to put some MC implants back in.

-Deatheyes
    Level 161 NT

Re: Nano-Techs in need of Improvement

Originally posted by Kaalen
    But,,, their ability to dish out big damage is non-existent.
    I am sorry but NTs are the highest damage prof in the game right now. Except maybe MAs. The reason nukes don't crit is because every nuke is like a crit. You have your gun firing then every 5-10 seconds you instacast a nuke and your gun continues to fire while you recharge. If you aren't one of the top damagers in your team you need to reevalute your playing style. In this case its not the prof thats ****ed up its the player.

Elbo, like I told you last night, bring that laggy ass bot and your gimp Nanomage engie ass to the Arena and I will show you damage. The facts are this:

1.) Nukes - average 2k every 4 seconds

2.) ql200 Yat-X3. I have a 923 ranged init and this gun fires up to 3 times inbetween nukes. This can hit for up to 5k inbetween shots if I crit once and hit for 1k twice. More often than not, I average 1.5k damage inbetween nukes. That's approximatly 3.5-6k damage in 4 or 5 seconds.

3.) Up to 10k in aimed shots

You do the math. I don't even use nukes in team missions that have taunts. I get agro Every Mob, every time. I've teamed with you several times and can never remember you getting agg at all even with your Ithica and your bot. If you think I'm full of shyt team with me again and pay attention. Ask Dank and Anti if I get a lot of agro, I'm constantly being healed. Any NT over 150+ with a weapon worth its salt knows the facts. Engies are gimps now, almost as bad as NT's.

As a comparison with guns alone, here's your gun, I took into consideration that 12% scope you had, and about an 759 attack rating. I put your init at about 100, this is about where I was at when I used an ithaca. I can't remember what your bot was hitting for, I think in the 700 range at times if I remember correctly. I think the numbers speak form themselves:
    http://auno.org/aodmg.php?t=ag&name=...te=759&clip=20

Here's my gun, unbuffed with a 800 attack rating. With Unexpected attack and Attack boster I can get up to a 973 attack rating. For the purpose of this comparison I used my unbuffed attack rating:
    http://auno.org/aodmg.php?t=ag&name=...te=800&clip=20
    Last edited by Little Rot; Jul 9th, 2002 at 18:52:39.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Thumbs down

I noticed that its impossible to get the MAX damge ouputt of DDnanos, i think it should be made possible to get the max damge output. You see nanos land on the target for lower than the minimum damge, why cant DD nanos Land on their MAX damge?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12