Thread: Tradeskill IP

Tradeskill IP

Tradeskills are almost ignored at lower levels, which is a pity because you can make some quite useful items.

Take pharma, i can make a QL25 restoration stim, heals 190ish nano and hp. A stack of 40 cost 19000 creds to make, and used 100 pharma tech. Unlike other games ive played (doac and EQ) tradeskills in AO are fairly interesting, dont involve staring at a countdown or 878437847843 repatative actions and arent a bad way of passing time, not everyone likes to exp *all* the time you know..

Now the levels where the restoration stims would be useful during fights, no one has spare ip, nor the creds to afford them. I made it at 75th as i was bored, and could afford the 350 ip points it took me to get my PT to 100 and could afford to throw away 19000 creds.

It more or less seems that no one bothers with tradeskills until 150+ when you have all that spare ip, and face it most 150+ arent the types who enjoy tradeskills, obviously they prefer exp. Tradeskills far more suit a casual player, who will more likely to be lower level, but, wont have the ip or creds to afford to do tradeskills. Dont force us with the choice of 'do tradeskills and gimp your character, or dont do tradeskills and have the ip for that vital skill, NF or weapon'

Why not give some special 'tradeskill only' ip each time we level, make it 10-20% of what we normally get, im sure this would perk up more interest in the tradeskills. Make alot of the items cheaper at lower levels too.

You could even make exp from doing tradeskills go into the tradeskill ip pool, although im not sure those who get decent exp from NP and the like would enjoy that, so take that suggestion with a pinch of salt.....

More tradeskill improvements would be very nice.

I made a QL30 stack of restoration stims yesterday, costs me 30K creds for 42 charges. Nobody has that at that level. I'd make and sell them all the time, if they were just cheap enough.

Nano Crystal creation on the other hand, has improved a lot. I made a QL15 crystal, and the parts cost me only 114 credits. I could even sell the crystal to the store and make a small profit. (if ~200 credits is worth the trouble of finding carbon rock and an instruction disc is something entirely different though ). This tradeskill is actually worth it now. Now we just need tools that low-levels can afford (I spent 1.5 mil just for the tools to make crystals).

Also high on my wanted list is a way to make (cheap) nano chargers, and standard health kits, hp stims and nano stims.

My li'l trader could make a living creating these things then