Thread: Engie auras break NT calms?

Engie auras break NT calms?

In an Inf hard mish, my 209 NT was calming the adds.
    Used Specialized Discourage Involvement, which is supposed to last 5 minutes.
    I had no problem at all to land the calms (executed successfully message each time) but after 20-30 seconds the mobs would wake up.
    In team, there was an enforcer (who did not mongo), an MA, a doc and 2 engies besides my NT.
    Someone in the team said, it's the engie blind aura but the engie denied it.
    Fact is, i still dunno if it was that or something else.
    So, my question is: did anyone else experience problems with engie blind auras breaking calms?

I assume that Chance of break on debuff 44 means that there is a little higher than a 4 in 10 chance of them being broken in that way for "Specialized Discourage Involvement". The chance is reduced to 28/100 when using "Specialized Peaceful Intentions" see http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=259363.
    Last edited by __Infecticide; Nov 30th, 2006 at 23:24:30.

Yes, engie blind auras can break a calm.

Tell the doc this this, and next time the doc gets aggro from a broken calm, let him have a go at the engie.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Yes its an odd and dumbarse side effect of engie blinds they break calms and they trigger agro too;/

Its extremely counter intuitive that a blind would do that but it does. Thats why my engie stops blinds when with calmers. Specialy since blindds also fall on reflect and sooooo many people have relfect.

Yes, its the blinds. Really any debuff will do it. Trader calms break 100% on debuff, NT less so, and crat not at all - aside from the area mezz, which he'd probably never seen used in SL. Thats why the engie did not think his aura was a problem, since they don't bother crat mezz at all, and crats are the most common mezzing prof as people level up.

Docs are often the worst culprit, since they'll ubt adds, and if their debuff lands after the mezz, they break the mezz, get agg and usually die in recharge. Of course, then its your fault as the mezzer!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Of course, then its your fault as the mezzer!
    I thought it was always the docs fault ?

Team: ADDS!
    Doc: *Damn mezzer. Good thing for my UBT*
    *Mezzer land mezz*
    *UBT lands, mezz breaks*
    *Doc got hit. In Recharge. White Screen*
    Doc + Team: Why you didn't mezz adds. Dumb mezzer.

In my case,
    Me: I mezz it, you break it, you pay for it.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Kick him if he don't know how to use heals perks during recharge...
    He has a 50s reload self heal and a 60s reload team heal from Nano Surgeon and 4 10 minute reload AoE heals from BF Medic.
    And even without that, i hardly see how he can be killed in 3s by an UBTed mob
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Engie blinds will break most calms, except for crat calms. And even crat area calms are broken by them. There is also a 100% chance of the engie snares breaking the blinds and a 5% chance of the blinds breaking the snares. Talk about stupid side effects.
    NTs got it good, btw. Trader calms break 100% from engie stuff, 28% is almost decent. ^^
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Heh, I didn't think it would happen to me until an AI raid a couple nights ago. Normally I can't get a bloody thing to calm in there, as per "Soandso resisted!", but I was landing them almost 90% of the time, which had me quite happy.

But, lo and behold, the bloody engie, who I had <i>told</i> in the begining that his auras break calms, managed to break every calm I landed within a few seconds. Lovely, no?

I also got told not to use RK nukes because I'll get aggro, when I had been using them the whole time, and only gotten aggro a few times [Gen, for example [<3 tanking Gen]], and even then, I knew what I was getting into each time I did it [read: I did it on purpose].
    Mope, mope, mope...
    In the enchanted forreeesssst!