Thread: how much nano-int i need?

how much nano-int i need?

how much nano int do i need to make a 2.70/1.50 nano instacast?
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

To my knowledge, 540.
    Nano init does not affect recharge though, so while you might be able to "insta-cast" it, you'll still have to wait that 1.5s before casting it again.

AFAIK, nano attack times are reduced by 1s for every 200 points of Nano Init you have, that's how I got the 540 above.

I doubt that 1s per 200 nano init is the correct figure. With 700 nano init I can insta-cast my attack time 4.58s spell. Perhaps its not a linear thing at all. Haven't really looked into it much but 200 per 1s doesn't seem like enough. It'd take me over 1 sec to cast my spell if that figure was correct.

Remember your agg/def setting. It can notch off or ad 1 second, depending on it's position.

i realize that i would atill have to wait out the recharge. assumed that people knew i was talking about full agro.

so far someone has said 540. anyone care to add to that?
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,

I think it sounds abit high, but I don't have any number.

Would think more like 400 tho..

Just put on a recompiler and try, ql200 adds 400
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Nianna
    I doubt that 1s per 200 nano init is the correct figure. With 700 nano init I can insta-cast my attack time 4.58s spell. Perhaps its not a linear thing at all. Haven't really looked into it much but 200 per 1s doesn't seem like enough. It'd take me over 1 sec to cast my spell if that figure was correct.
    700/200=3.5 seconds removed from the cast time. Add to that 1.0 second at full aggressive setting and your cast time for that nano is 0.08 seconds

Unless things changed in the latest patch, it's 200 nano-init/second as others have stated. The recharge time is unaffected.

Thus for the 2.7 nano you will need 1.7*200=340. That assumes 100% aggressive setting.
    Last edited by Loretta; Jul 2nd, 2002 at 15:13:08.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

can't be anything less then 430.. i already have that much and its still not instacast....
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Shouldn't be more than 430 nuggy...MA heals are 2 second attack and instacast around 200ish init. Could be agg/def bar but I'm sure you've probably checked.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Perhaps the nano is bugged in the database (i.e. the description shows one thing, but the actual times are different?)

Which nano are you talking about anyhow? Did you try it with and without the attack booster?

Speaking of attack booster, if the formulas are right, you should be able to insta-cast attack booster with your agg/def setting at around 60% while running attack booster (AB attack=2.63, your nano init+AB=473)
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

200 nano init is -1 sec off recharge. I tested this numerous times.

The attack value on the nano description is unmodified value, which gets modified by your init and your agg-def value. The basepoint is at 50% agg-def value. There are only 3 positions of the agg-def bar that have different effects on the attack speed (only for NanoC Init, other inits take full advantage of the slider positions). By moving your slider from 100% to 99% it will reduce the attack speed by 1 second, if you move it from 100% to 0% it will reduce it by 2 seconds.

So to cast your 2.7/1.5 nano instantly (0/1.5) at full aggressive, you will need 340 NanoC Init.

The formula is simple and it works for every character I played so far.

Just to add with 550 Init I have one 1 character I insta cast 3.5/x nanos, so that 540 is way off.
    Last edited by Krneki; Jul 3rd, 2002 at 07:39:56.