Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey look its the Athens Accords! Friends of peace, or usurping dictators?

As far as I see it, it still happened that peaceful clan members, who did NOT fight and were specifically invited, got shot and killed by Omni (specifically First Order) employees at the TAG conference. Frankly, that's enough for me, especially since you said this is perfectly in line with your policies. Fine. We don't really need a trial, or you to be brought to justice or any other stuff. No doubt what you did was perfectly reasonable, and your unwillingness to bend now probably should be seen as admirable to other Omni.

However, we among the clans know now that First Order is not primarily seeking peace, talk about supporting the Amnesty aside. Thats enough. In the future, we won't be so willing to group with you to take on the Cyborgs, trade with you, or even have a pleasent conversation with you. Maybe some independant clanners will still do so, we hardly have control over that. But I will tell you this: What little good will you had among the organized clans, even the ones who definitely DON'T like the Shadows has been spent. Thats what your position has bought you.

I suspect this isn't any problem with you, since the clans were hardly your friends before (nor should they be, I thnk) But I thought that things should be perfectly clear.

And Mege, for whom the concept of "you lease the planet, and HAVE to let people other than Omni live peacefully on it" seems to be an insurmountable challenge to comprehend... all I can say is, your words aside, you aren't going to get your way. The clans will remain.

re

Originally posted by Canary
    As far as I see it, it still happened that peaceful clan members, who did NOT fight and were specifically invited, got shot and killed by Omni (specifically First Order) employees at the TAG conference. Frankly, that's enough for me, especially since you said this is perfectly in line with your policies. Fine.

Perhaps you only read one message.

I'm thinking you really didn't inform yourself before making such a vibrently stupid comment.

Our policy is to NOT FIRE UNLESS FIRED UPON. Not to shoot first and ask questions later.

If only ONE of your people shoots ONE bullet, we will execute you one by one with extreme prejudice.

Why?

We are defending what is ALREADY ours without a doubt.

We will not let you lay claim to Omni-HQ.

Keep that in mind before you try to twist my words.

Intersting that this thread to discuss the Athen Accords hasn't mentioned them in over 2 pages.

It would be more appropriately titled First order defends themself.

Just an observation

Carry on.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Popcorn anyone?

Well it's really amusing watching Omni people turn on each other. At this rate Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka will destroy itself and the Clans will only have to sit back and watch the entertainment.

Next time there's "peace" talks though I hope Mr. Radiman insists on them being held in Clan territory or even Neutral territory. Anywhere but Omni territory since Omni-Tek can't even control its own people.
    Last edited by Aniee; Dec 13th, 2001 at 21:43:05.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

I tried

I wanted to talk about the Athens Accords, but sadly it didn't take. I'd still love to, but I guess I'll need a new thread.

Also try not to call people 'vibrantly stupid' its not productive.

Especially since your own powers of reading comprehension are rather limited themselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123