If you don't want the background, skip down to the line.

Last night, at the time between sleep and wakefullness, 3 or 4 ideas that i've read came together in a way that made sense. It would probably be a good compromise gun-nerf. I don't predict rampant hate that the 12.6 gun-no-function change would have done.

In 12.6, they were gonna make weapons behave like nanoformulas in that if you didn't have the skill when you tried to use it, you couldn't use it. That lead to a mass-migration, and they removed the change. However, us nanoformula users feel that the double standard sucks. I, however, recently came up with a compromise nerf that would probably be acceptable to all.

----------------

How about making weapons skill-check on special. Nanoformulas are considered specials for purposes of doing things at the same time (nuking + bursting, for example), and they are skill-check on use, so why not make burst, fling, ect skill-check on use. If you didn't have the full-auto skill for the gun, you couldn't use full-auto with the gun!

It would make combat-debuffs worth it (get deprived before you could alpha-strike...), and would be better than the 100% double-standard we have now.

In essense, I'm saying skill-check on special.