Thread: A Goofy Notion: Campaign Buttons, Protest Signs, and More

A Goofy Notion: Campaign Buttons, Protest Signs, and More

Being something of an amateur political organizer of long standing, I've had occasional thoughts about how to make political organizing in Anarchy Online easier. Here are my current favorite Goofy Notions:

Campaign Buttons

Buy them at tradeskill booths. They arrive blank. Equip one. Then use the command:

/mybuttonsays "your slogan here"

Only works on an equipped, blank campaign button. Once equipped and filled in, if someone targets you and presses "T," your description includes: "Wearing a button that says, 'your slogan here'"

/mybuttonsays "Omni-Tek: Join Our Family"
    /mybuttonsays "Don't Tread On Me"
    /mybuttonsays "My Other Car is a Yalmaha"
    /mybuttonsays "What is it about failed painters and world conquest, anyway?"
    /mybuttonsays "When you're not reading it, this button is in Spanish."

(Credit Nancy Lebovitz for that last one.)

Optional: Make them available at various prices for various quality levels, and let them offer some trivial amount of Melee/MA AC and Impact AC.

Protest Signs

Protest Sign
    Type: 2-handed blunt weapon
    Dmg: 1-1
    Speed: 2.50s
    Recharge: 2.50s
    AttkSkills: 2H Blunt (65%), Brawling (35%)
    Req: 2H Blunt 9, Brawl 8, FastAttack 8, Parry 7
    Special: FastAttack, Brawling

Graphic: Wooden pole, large cardboard sign. Sign has three rows of unreadable squiggles and a giant exclamation point to the right of all of them.

Animation: When not in combat, held vertical, lined up with right shoulder, sign facing forward. In combat, use standard two-handed moves.

/mysignsays "your slogan here"

Only works on an equipped, blank protest sign. Once executed, if the sign is equipped, people who target you and press "T" get as part of your description, "The protest sign says, 'your slogan here.'"

/mysignsays "Solidarity Forever"
    /mysignsays "Red Freedom is neither Red nor for freedom."
    /mysignsays "The End Is Near"
    /mysignsays "Eat At Joes"
    /mysignsays "Ask me about the rave next Saturday"
    /mysignsays "This Space For Rent"

Optional: Higher quality level signs require higher skills, do higher damage. Hey, union bulls with protest signs fighting company cops with shotguns is how we got the right to strike, after all.

Bonus Goofy Notion: Sign Boards

Worn: Back
    Requirements: None
    Melee/MA AC: 1
    Impact AC: 1
    Run Speed: -10

Hangs a "sandwich board" sign on the character's front and back. As with the protest sign, looks like three squiggles and a giant exclamation mark. Command is "/myboardsays". By now you get the idea.

Question

uhh.. do you really think people have that much to say?

Judging from the percentage of childish gamers, signs would read "All your base are belong to us".. Or just profanity.

Unhappy Dont let immaturity stop good ideas

I like Brad's idea, I think it has merit. Creepy is correct, immature people [I know some kids that are FAR more mature and nice than some adults playing online] would abuse something like this. But I feel the the amount of fairly mature RP's is very slowly growing so I think it would get some decent use after awhile and hence is worth supporting for a future cool little addition.