Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Memorial for Aazamon

(( OOC:

Thank you to everyone for his or her kind words and thoughts. All of them have not gone unnoticed.

To remind everyone:

The Memorial for Aazamon will be held:

-Where: The Notum Tree in Avalon, cords (2450 x 1300)

-When: Sunday, November 14th

-Time: 4:00 PM EST

Transportation will be provided to those unable to make it to the Notum Tree under their own steam.

-Warps: Please come to Borealis Backyard 4 starting at 3:15 PM EST (45 Minutes before it starts, to allow time to get there.)

-F-Grids: Please meet outside at the Borealis Grid Terminal starting at 3:30 PM EST. (1/2 hour before it starts.)

All transportation points will run up till 5 minutes before the beginning of the Memorial.

There will be time for anyone who would like to say some last words during the Memorial if you so choose.

Once again thank you to everyone for the kind and warm thoughts during this time of grief.

~Rami

))
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

The Great Aazamon

I nearly missed hearing of his passing. I met Aaz when he first started playing this game. Over the years, I came to know him better and appreciated his and the NLF's devotion to RPing. I've roleplayed for about 25 years now and know from experience that a long term character will become a window in to the character of the person playing it. Aaz showed us his strength of character, his strentgh of mind, his playfulness and his daring. In these, he was consistent. I know in my heart that these were the qualities of Jesse.

This is truly hard to take. The passing of someone you considered a friend and whom you've never seen. Bless him and his family.

Steve

I agree that there should be an in-game memorial erected for him. He was the type of player that rpg writers make these games for.

There are no words to describe the loss the AO community has had with the passing of such a great person. My condolences to his family and friends. May you rest in peace dear Aazamon, now you are truly free.

/Osnaught
    Braver 220 Neutral Doctor

*click*

I heard about this tragic loss a few days ago and havn't really known what to say.

My thoughts are with his loved ones and friends.

He was a good guy.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

I am very much saddened by this. He will be missed by many, and has touched my life, even if it be through this game. A great statesman has been lost, as well as a wonderful human being. I will mourn him deeply, as I can barely hold back the tears.

im sorry and express my love to aaz guild and family

OOC:

I didn't know the player or the character myself, but I am glad to see that so many people cared about him to acknowledge his loss. I've wondered myself if I happened to die would anyone in the online games ever even notice other than perhaps to say oneday Oh we haven't heard from Mumon in a while.

It's nice to know that we are a community that cares for it's fellow players.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

Albert Pike

We all touch each other's lives one way or another.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

The responses above are a true tribute to the man. Though I did not know him personally, it seems he must have been a great man to have touched so many. My thoughts and prayers are with all who knew him, whether via game or reality.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

It is a sad day to see a good person go.

May God Bless him in his passing and all his family.

Rest in Peace.

We all miss you.

Unhappy azzamon

aazamon was a great guy and leader rest well man hope u have a great life in the after life

slip the bonds of fragile flesh
    and free now soul to be refreshed,
    no more to the notum bound,
    no more the toils of life confound,
    be well old friend and speed to thee
    until the day I too am free.

Bye Jesse. And Az. You're in good company now.

Alexa and SaintBootay

-goes to see about finding some way to get FC to plant a notum tree in Borealis as a monument to Aazamon.-
    Last edited by Voyager; Nov 14th, 2004 at 23:29:52.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

*tears still in eyes*

Rest in peace Aazamon.
    Ayanna "Lejon" Whites Level 213 New and improved fixerness.

Your type is: SAE. 3% of respondents so far fall into that type.
    Socializer 66%
    Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Killer 13%

Thank you to everyone who came to the memorial. It was so nice to see so many of you there, and the wonderful words that were said. I am sure he was watching us.

and, Thank you to FC, your support and being there, shows you care about the players.

Be free Jesse... until we meet again
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Some screen shots for those who couldn't attend...

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4
    Picture 5
    Picture 6
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I think that in the next patch that they do that they should include a headstone near the tree that you can target it and press T to a memorial message about Aazamon, so that even those of us that did not know him can know him.

I didnt know him, but when something like this happen its always making me very sad
    You will be missed.
    Rest in peace Aazamon.
    Neophyte Dolinca 220/20 Doctor
    Neophyte Relisa 216/6 Shade

I have tried for 7 days to write a few words my heavy heart and tears always prevent me from doing so.

Till all are free!
    Last edited by Dmom; Nov 15th, 2004 at 16:30:31. Reason: 2 signatures
    Dmom
    President
    Elite Operations
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast