Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Memorial for Aazamon

you know beileve it or not im actually crying right now because he helped me when i first got to ao and i saw him few days ago and i wouldnt of thought that it would happen so soon to a strong young man.

as he first tole me "Till All are Free!!", may you be free....may you be free.

Woodwin- Former General of Nanomage Liberation Front

Wow.

The kindest words I can think of to say about Aazamon is that he always brought a smile to my face, always held my respect and was the kind of person you wish you saw more of, could talk longer to and get to know better.

That being said, I think that pretty much sums up a successful life.

Grant his family and friends the strength to know he accomplished a noble goal. He was a fine human being and a wonderful nanomage.

Until All Are Free, indeed.
    Last edited by AuntBeast; Nov 9th, 2004 at 05:00:25.
    Auntbeast,
    President, Divine Retribution

Proudly on the fence regarding omni/clan
    Decidedly a neutral

((May his memories be carried on by those that loved him. Let us reflect on what he brought to this game and the many stories he shared, and let us also continue to do the same with our own stories in his honor. ))

I've thought about Aazamon alot over the last several hours since I heard of his passing. Not only was I shocked and saddened, but I grieved for the suffering he must have felt through his illness. Not only has Rubi-Ka lost a wonderful person, but the world as well.
    My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I'll be there on Sunday with to Team Warp as needed. If theres anything else I can do let Altavashta or Aazawrath know.

I can't say I knew him OOC since we mostly met IC and there wasn't exactly friendly conversations then.
    Now I never will know the real him.
    Never the less, I still consider him a friend and I am very shocked by the loss.

I have lost a lot of friends in the past.
    I thought it should be more easy to handle death when you have encountered it a few times.
    It's not, and never will be.

I send my condolences to his family and friends.

From / The person behind Halvfrida
    Last edited by Halvfrida; Nov 10th, 2004 at 01:15:50.
    Is it a nanomage mind in an organic host inside a cybernetic body or is it an artificial intelligence in a mechanical vessel covered with organic tissue?

-Frida Langley - "Nanomage/Machine Freak"
    Vector Blue
    Infinite Circle [IC]: An OT roleplaying alliance on RK1

Want to know more about who Frida are?
    Look here, here, here, here, here and here.

The face of a doll. The mind of a child. The reputation of a murderer. Come play with me...

(( Even though I did not know Aazamon either IC or OOC (only read a few of his posts here at the boards), My thoughts go out to his family and his friends, both offline and online. May he forever soar high in the blue skies, and be at peace wherever he may be.))

with condolances
    Mivat ((And her player Marius))
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

OOC

I didn't really know him all that well as we only had a short bit of interaction RPing, but I am deeply shocked by this. My condolences to his rl family and to his friends here on Rubi-ka.

I have no words good enough to describe Aazamon, a truly great individual who made a lasting impression on everyone he met.

Hail Aazamon, Finally You Are Free! Rest In Peace Old Friend
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

I am very sorry to hear of this. It is a great loss indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. May God give strength and courage in this time of sadness.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Always sad to hear a member of the community passing on. Fair journeys.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

A sad day.

When I first read the news on the NLF forums I was a bit confused. Being a heavy RPing guild I wasn't sure what to make of it. When I finally received word that Jesse himself had passed on, I was shocked. You simply never think anything like that will happen. Strange to speak to someone one day then the next they are gone. Also makes you realise how much you take others for granted. Makes you think about a lot of things.

While I did not know him on very personal level (OOC) we had many good times role playing together. It is a shame to lose a great roleplayer, but an even bigger loss to lose a great person. My best wishes to his family and friends. He will be remembered by all the NLF.

Glittch - Member of the Nanomage Liberation Front.

(( It is very sad to lose someone with whom you had spent many days worth of hours, but had never seen a smile or heard a voice. Because the NLF is so heavily RP, most of us never knew about Aazamon's health or that his name was really Jesse -- and this is even after knowing him for well over a year. To me he will always be wearing the NLF's blue gloves and boots, a black cloak, and his spiked Omni pads.

"/me wipes a tear" or "/scared" feels rather hollow right now.

Aazamon was always a voice within the NLF that pushed us to be more evil, antagonistic, and bloodthirsty. Rubi-Ka, like everywhere else, is a place where people want to wear the white hats and save the day. But without the "enemy", there is no need for a white hat. Aazamon's efforts, I think, added color and depth to AO. We provided friction. While we helped to give other players an enriched gaming experience, we in the NLF enjoyed an engaging philosophy so often lacking in electronic entertainment.

The times I remember most fondly are not my 496th Heckler kill or finally finding my fused tetrahedral whatevers, but sitting in small groups in Borealis Backyard 4 or Aazamon's luxury Jobe apartment talking about Notum Depletion. This is so contrary to your average Freshman Keepertrox69's gaming experience that I nearly felt guilty for having access to this almost wholly ignored part of the game. If it was all about gaining levels and twinking into the best weapons and armor, it would lose its appeal instantly.

And I know that sitting and talking about Notum Depletion sounds like the epitome of dull. Only Aazamon and the rest of the NLF could turn such discourse into something that made you want to shout "Till All Are Free!" and kidnap somebody.

He will be missed.

Thank you all for your kind words about Aazamon and the NLF. They will not be held against you.

Till All Are Free!

General Vytocyt
    Nanomage Liberation Front

((I couldn't help but feel empty when I read this.

I never spoke with Aazamon. In fact, I never knew him personally. However, I do know that he was an adamant roleplayer, and I always respected him for that.(having RP'd with NLF in the past) My condolences to all his friends and family.
    He will be missed by many, that I am sure of.

I can only now wish for him, peace.
    ))
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

OOC in entirety

This is a sad day for Rubi-Ka indeed. Aazamon was a driving force behind the advancement of the storyline here, and seeing this news definitely weighs heavy on the heart. I hope that whoever takes his place to lead the NLF will be able to keep the kind of spirit he brought with him... and keep roleplaying alive.

Now, I know most of you are looking at my handle and wondering "Who the heck is this person?" Well, I am an avid roleplayer myself even though I don't really partake much in the RP side of AO. And I've seen some of my roleplayer friends buried over the last couple of years... so it is sad to see someone of Aazamon's caliber gone so suddenly.

Go in peace, Aazamon's player (I believe someone mentioned his name was Jesse). May your dice always roll favorably.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Its with a heavy heart that I send my condolences out to the family of Aazamon, both his gaming family and his family in reality. He was a strong willed, intelligent, free hearted person that I will sorely miss. I will forever remember him fondly for the time I was able to share with him whether it was teaming or in polite conversation. I will treasure the time I was able to spend with him however short it may have been; for it is a gift that many will never have the chance to experience. Words cannot express the sorrow I feel at the loss of such a truly fine individual.

I will of course attend the memorial for Aazamon(Jesse).

Farewell my friend and peaceful journeys on the road to a new enlightenment.

Till all are Free!

((I never thought a day would come where a game would make me cry. Today is the day. I've been wrapped up in my own RL issues, I almost missed this. Aazamon was a great person in and out of game. He was the rock that held the NLF together when we all thought it would fall apart. I was hoping to be able to work with him again in the current story, but things happened, and now its too late.

Rest in Peace my friend. You will be missed. Rubi-ka will never be the same.))

Unhappy

{ This is serious and sad news indeed... I was devastated and thought it was a joke against Aaz when someone told me he had passed on. My condolences go to his family and friends, and they will be in my prayers. A big blow to the AORP Community and to the World in general. He will be missed. I had the great honor to RP with him on a few occasions, and I have to say by far he was one of the best people i've ever RP'd with and ever talked to. He had great visions for the NLF and hopefully they will still be realized for him. A memorial of some sort for him in-game would be great. He was a great player, a great Role-player, and most important, a wonderful and amazing person. You will be missed, Aaz. }
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

"There can be no opinion about Truth." -Bret "XSerter" Kenley

OOC: ((Well, I'm sitting here at the university's library, tears running down my face, and I didn't even know the guy that well... Yes, I have seen him around, and I've done a few, brief RP's with him, altough nothing major, and still... ))

IC: Looking at the mission boss trough her scope, Aim suddenly freezes. What was that on her comm? Is Aazamon gone? Forever? Trying to focus at the boss, Aim finds her vision blurry and aborts her mission. There will be a time for killing, but this is a time for sadness. Quickly leaving the mission, Aim finds a quiet and deserted place where she can sit down and just remember...

Till all are free!
    By popular demand: Back after a 3 year break!

*stares at the unmoving starlit sky and then gives a sharp salute*

((I can warp as well.))
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Drat....Now i'll never get even for his sticking a bomb under my tank armor.....Or finally get to prove him wrong....He was a major thorn in my side and with its absence I never knew how much I enjoyed planing to remove it.

((OOC: AH man....Aaz was cool and I liked RPing with him he was the best kind of Rper Flexible and humorus...After playing 30 years of RP I will miss him as hes the kind of Player that makes it worth playing.))
    John "Blackswords" Rm
    Boardmember of Omni-Mining
    Adventurer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast