Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals claim your fate!

Neutrals claim your fate!

The Clans are falling apart! - Silverstone recently threw the CoT out of the Tir and they retailiated by killing him. What are you waiting for?

I speak as an individual and not for Omni-Tek (or RUR!) but many other employees are sympathetic to the plight of the neutrals facing terrorism by Clanners like Silverstone. What are you waiting for?

Now is the time to consider creating a neutral political body to represent the interests of neutral Rubi-Ka citizens. You should be asking whether it is possible to do so. You should be asking what would it do for you. You should be asking how it would work. You should be asking if any legacy clans might join and/or support it. What are you waiting for?

Last edited by Issildari; Dec 3rd, 2004 at 05:02:01. Reason: added RUR disclaimer - I do not speak for RUR

The Clans are falling apart? Really now.. just because were having some arguements doesn't mean were falling apart. Just because were having some educated discussions doesn't mean were going have a bunch of 'fence sitters' try and walk on us. Go ahead and try to "Clam your fate" but this guy thinks he can try and take advantage of the Clans. No.

This Omni-Tek Employee just wants to get the Neutrals riled up to raise profits for Omni-Tek and such, afterall, we are Omni-Tek's "property" I find this so idiotic for him to try this and preach to everyone.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Yin Koresawa listens to the poorly considered Omni propaganda designed to stir up the neutrals and shakes her head.

"Oh really... where DO they find these... amateurs? Didn't know there WERE any legacy clans within the neutral collective...and if this lackwit honestly thinks that the Clans clans will throw away their clans affiliations to go to the neutral camp, he's delusional. Someone ought to tell him to lay off the stimms."

Yin "KittenFu" Koresawa
    clan bureaucrat, atlantean
    The Black Company
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Issildari
    You should be asking if any legacy clans might join and/or support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager
    Didn't know there WERE any legacy clans within the neutral collective
    Which is good because then they would have a hard time joining the neutrals, wouldn`t they?

and if this lackwit honestly thinks that the Clans clans will throw away their clans affiliations to go to the neutral camp, he's delusional.
    I did believe I was delusional watching the Clans do just that when they allowed Silverstone to remain in power and killing Neutrals... Yet it seems reality is stranger than fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Stefano
    Just because were having some educated discussions doesn't mean were going have a bunch of 'fence sitters' try and walk on us.
    You may call forcing the CoT out of Tir and killing Silverstone 'educated discussion' all you like. There are plenty of Clanners and neutrals for whom that means talking about things to make them better. What are they waiting for?

You may call forcing the CoT out of Tir and killing Silverstone 'educated discussion' all you like.
    I believe the term is "pwned".
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

I would have to agree.....the discussion in question was far from "educated"!

*sits back and laughs for the first time in days*
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

All the advice we Neutrals got over time are without any doubt well meant. Nevertheless, I believe we are very well capable of arranging things ourselves. To ask for a Neutral representation is to deny the very soul of neutrality. No Neutral organization is alike and we will never find a common goal, except for our neutrality. However, we have in the past showed that we can act as one if our neutrality is endangered and I’m convinced we will do so again whenever necessary.

We took note of the return of Mr. Ross and his call for unity. As always, those who mean well with the people of Rubi Ka get our support and I’m looking forward to any kind of cooperation between all factions, without trenching on ones independence.

As far as the situation in Tir is concerned, I can not hide the fact that I’d love to see Silverstone removed. He’s an extremist and has proven numerous times he will only follow his own goals. But, this is after all a Clan issue and I’m convinced there is enough common sense up in the north to take care of business.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Oi, here is where we certainly do not see eye to eye, my friend. The point of being independent is not to gather like minded independents and enforce our opinions and principles on other independents. In fact, it's completely contradictory to the principle of freedom.

Concerning Tir, I believe wholeheartedly that Silverstone is completely unstable. His draconian principles and "If you aren't with us, you're against us" mentality do more to drive the neutrals and other clans to Omni better than any Omni propaganda could ever possibly do, but recent events at Omni-tek make Silverstone look as harmless as a leet in comparison. Consider the "re-education" of those quacks in the Neo-Luddite Movement. While I think their platform is genuinely absurd, I consider "re-education" to be a fate far worse than even perma-death. To deny freedom of one's body, such as imprisonment or death, is one thing. But to make thought itself a crime is downright monstrous!

Then again, there are rumors that the Sentinels are trying similar things out on other clan members and insultingly implying it's more humane than torture or death.

-Rene
    Last edited by mondobizarro; Dec 1st, 2004 at 20:16:54.
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

Hm, I do love the ones that laugh are the ones that are against Silverstone and want a Alliance with Omni-Tek.

You may call forcing the CoT out of Tir and killing Silverstone 'educated discussion' all you like. There are plenty of Clanners and neutrals for whom that means talking about things to make them better. What are they waiting for?

They're waiting for nothing, they tried this "talking" and it's done nothing for them but create lies and ignorancy. I can easily see right through your "hero" disguise, I can see an Omni idiot trying to get a credit out of something or he'd rather the Neutrals and Clans fight and take care of Omni-Tek's work while all of these Omni-Tek Bureacrats stuff their face.

[Yeah Maybe educated discussion was the wrong way to put it. But I was tired at the time. ]
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Silverstone not killed

Simon Silverstone was in fact not killed as stated in a post by events director Socialfly here > Sentinals remove CoT from Tir!

And reiterated here > CoT Press Release for November 27th 29478
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    I believe we are very well capable of arranging things ourselves. To ask for a Neutral representation is to deny the very soul of neutrality. No Neutral organization is alike and we will never find a common goal, except for our neutrality.
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for the ability of neutrals to take care of themselves. However I believe many seem to take their netruality too far as you seem to by suggesting a neutral government would 'deny the very soul of neutrality.'

Who will ensure the streets of Borealis and Newland are swept? Who will maintain the grid access points and Whompas to ensure you are not cut off from the world? Who has the authority to rebuild Meetmedere? Who will decide whether grabbing a grid armor suit on the ground is or is not stealing?

More importantly how does a neutral goverment doing these things deny neutrality to neutrals? The only defining aspect of neutrals is that they are a group of individuals without an official position in the OT-Clan conflict.

However they also happen to have something else in common - they live with other neutrals. So slowly and gradually a neutral government is building a foundation for itself without your input. That is the best way to get a madman dictator like Silverstone so your silence is a vote for Silverstone.

Neutrala claim your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Maephina
    Simon Silverstone was in fact not killed as stated...
    Sentinals remove CoT from Tir!
    CoT Press Release for November 27th 29478
    Both these references seem to back their assertion that Silverstone was not killed by pointing to the fact he is still alive. However I have been killed before and am still alive. Without more evidence I can only assume this is badly thought out Clan propaganda which is trying to hide the truth by not mentioning Silverstone was in fact killed and forced to make use of the OT developed insurance reclaim terminals.

However the fact remains that Clanners felt the need to use force to remove him and were successful in overpowering and killing the madman.

seems we neutrals hve nothing to look forward to on either side. We all have our own adgenda now don't we...
    Fletcher "TitanMage" Dart

Nanomage LIbration Front.
    General, Special Operations

Terrorist? . . .You haven't seen terror yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mondobizarro
    Oi, here is where we certainly do not see eye to eye, my friend. The point of being independent is not to gather like minded independents and enforce our opinions and principles on other independents. In fact, it's completely contradictory to the principle of freedom.
    A properly considered neutral government can do more to further the freedom of neutrals than not having a government.

In the earliest days of government on ancient Earth there was a place known as Greece in which city-states loosely cooperated with each other successfully for some time. The namesake of Athen is in fact one of the more powerful city-states of the time. They lived for a long time in peace with the very differently minded Spartans. Although in time the friction became too much for peaceful coexistance they were able to work together to repel a massive Persian invasion.

So now the question is what is really right for neutrals?

Quote Originally Posted by mondobizarro
    Concerning Tir...
    I replied to this issue in a more appropriate thread.
    Last edited by Issildari; Dec 1st, 2004 at 21:38:29. Reason: Moved re-education reply to appropriate thread

Hm, I do love the ones that laugh are the ones that are against Silverstone and want a Alliance with Omni-Tek.
    Omni-Tek is your friend!

It sounds like hollow propaganda, right? Well let me ask you this question before you answer. Have the Aliens even made an attempt to sway your mind? I would take a moment to really think about the lack of 'Aliens are your friends!' propaganda for a moment! OT cares enough about you to want to attempt to sway your mind.

[Yeah Maybe educated discussion was the wrong way to put it. But I was tired at the time. ]
    (( It was nonetheless amusing ))

okay gotta jump in here...

First off, I don't like mr. Silverstone. Not a bit. But before all this nonsense with him freaking out on the Council happened, I could at least respect him.

Yes, I'm neutral, and you heard right.

Why? The guy stood up for the people he cared about. Me I don't really trust the ICC either, and seeing them in Borealis watching all of us makes me a bit nervous. Omni-Tek is huge in the ICC, and a lot of clans didn't want them there. Who's to say none of the old guards in Tir weren't spies?

I don't like getting shot at when I go to Tir. I don't like being called names by the Sentinels because I choose to stay out of this petty war. But Mr. Silverstone at least stayed in Tir. He didn't attack us in Borealis or Newland or Stret West. He said "i'm getting rid of the corporate people" and he did it.

But after seeing what he did to the Council I was upset. I mean this is the same council that actually welcomed him into their membership. The same people that actually supported him. Why he'd do that I don't know, but it's not right...

...now on to the neutrals. See the thing about us from what I've seen is that we don't need any central government. Why would we want that? To bargain with Omni-tek for our own right to exist? We're neutral deal with it. We don't want a part in your silly little war, so don't try and drag us into it by saying we need a government.

Back to Mr. Silverstone though...what terrorism? like I said, he stayed in Tir. He was the guard of Tir with his Sentinels. If he didn't want us there, so be it. That's his choice, it's clan land. But he never once came to our cities and started terrorizing us. Never once. [that I know of ]

So stop trying to drag us into your war with the clans. If want to go fight Mr. Silverstone, go nuts. But don't think we're going to throw ourselves in front of you and help you do it.
    Aiyma
    Elite Operations
    Gimpy Gear!
    [Elite Operations] Phorcer: we all started at lvl 1 dont forget that
    [Elite Operations] Notech1: hmm i was drunk when i started, so i dont remember

Yin absorbs the latest thread from her feed, raises her eyebrows and raises a hand to hide the smirk it brings.

"Oh really... OmniTek is MY friend? I have overcome their 're-education' and woken from their pretty, lying dream to see that they have used me most cruelly, depriving me of everything I held dear while in servitude to them. Your propaganda will only take you so far, future reclaim-hugger."

Her voice goes cold and hard as she pushes her Ash's specs higher up the bridge of her nose to obscure her luminous eyes.

"And I suggest that you not dirty Simon Silverstone's name with your foul Omni mouth in the future... your Omni brainwashing has done quite enough in painting his image black when he has stood steadfast in defending the clans -- even those ungrateful and spineless ones who would weaken us by giving your Omni masters a hold on us through this so-called cooperation -- against Omni predations and enslavement."

Sees Aiyma's words and smiles.

"Such reasonable words warm my heart, even if you cannot see the trials and constant attack that High Commander Silverstone has patiently endured for so long. Who would NOT eventually lose their temper having to tolerate so much fire from the very people he works so hard to protect? But... perhaps if you'd care to DNA encode this form here... "

She thoughtfully sends a clans application form to Aiyma's address via grid with a sweet expression.

Yin "KittenFu" Koresawa
    clans bureaucrat
    The Black Company
    Last edited by Voyager; Dec 1st, 2004 at 22:33:22.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyma
    Me I don't really trust the ICC either, and seeing them in Borealis watching all of us makes me a bit nervous. Omni-Tek is huge in the ICC, and a lot of clans didn't want them there. Who's to say none of the old guards in Tir weren't spies?
    This is exactly my point. With your own government you would be able to keep order with your own internal police force!

I don't like getting shot at when I go to Tir. . . Back to Mr. Silverstone though...what terrorism? like I said, he stayed in Tir. He was the guard of Tir with his Sentinels. If he didn't want us there, so be it.
    The man has convicted you because of your faction and cuts the heads of any neutral who dares to enter his city. These are not even crimes against people engaged in a battle with him. These are terrorist acts - in part he hopes to scare the neutrals into either supporting him of fighting him.

So stop trying to drag us into your war with the clans. If want to go fight Mr. Silverstone, go nuts. But don't think we're going to throw ourselves in front of you and help you do it.
    I have not and would not suggest neutrals should join us in fighting the Clans. I am merely proposing you seriously consider the benefits of having your own government to represent you and enact/enforce the laws you desire. I am not only not advocating what this body should do I am not even advocating what sort of body this should be. I am merely calling for you to take this time to consider your options.

"And I suggest that you not dirty Simon Silverstone's name with your foul Omni mouth in the future
    I believe he does enough on his own not to need my help. I understand he has been quite important in protecting Clanners from innocent neutrals wanting to do buisiness in Tir or perhaps just passage through Tir. Perhaps for you he is a wonderful hero. However most sane rational people with no stake in this conflict (and I mean not just RK neutral citizens but others throughout the galaxy in other corporations) agree with the ICC. The man is a terrorist. I am sure that for terrorists he is a great and inspiring man but for many others he is a criminal whose actions will eventually guarantee he pays for his crimes. I am happy to see my belief that some Clanners believe in justice and have stood against him!

I hope you will one day become more than a Silverstone apologist yourself!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast