After all the perfect people down at Funcom
    For Funcom!
    Never make mistakes
    After all thier Funcom!

Heck our glorius leaders in Norway
    Go Funcom!
    Already do so much for us!

Do they not provide us all with identical free housing
    And can we not buy our own Funture and place where ever we want in the Aparment Funcom
    Hail Funcom!
    So lovelying provided us simple worker people

Do they not also provide us with identical clothing?
    So brillant Desgined to!
    All Hail Funcom
    We even have maching weapons for those times when we must hurt the enemys of Funcom
    For Funcom!

So what is the problem if our glorius leaders already provide us with identical, clothing and weapons and even housing, What is the problem with all have identical nanos?

We all like looking and doing the same don't we?

After all Funcom
    Hail Funcom!
    Is always Right

/satire off
    Last edited by Mr Bean; Jul 1st, 2002 at 02:56:39.
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Hmm last time I checked there was a ton of clothes in the game that makes everyone look different. How odd.

I'm also sorry you are not forced to be different. How dare they not force us to be different!!!! Why should we as an individual make ourselves different. I don't want to make myself different, I want someone else to do it for me!

I really hope you're being sarcastic Myers.

What's currently happening as far as appearances is due to lack of 'options'. Before the Tank armor unnerf, the only real viable protection, was Decus coats. No nano penalty, and no evade penalty. So everyone and their mother wore/still wear it. Now the uber flavor of the month is the MK II armor. Hp, NCU, it's got it all. While it's acs aren't as high as 200 ql armor, the extra hp and NCU make up for it. Web cloaks weren't around too long either.

As for clothes, most folks buff+implant into their armor. To take off armor for a social setting is out of the question for many high level types, unless they want to go through the hassle of getting buffs and switching around implants.

Clothes don't protect you worth a sh!t. He was refering to armor. It's not there aren't other choices out there, it's just that there are so few VIABLE choices.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Actually Obergeist I have seen multitudes of posts where Myers
    doesn't actually read whats posted and makes these ignorant ones because of it... go figgure.. Think he will ever learn.. Naaa... its the Funcom way...

Re: Level Requiremnts Good!

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Yes Comrade Level Requirments are a good thing
    After all the perfect people down at Funcom
    For Funcom!
    Never make mistakes
    After all thier Funcom!

Heck our glorius leaders in Norway
    Go Funcom!
    Already do so much for us!

Do they not provide us all with identical free housing
    And can we not buy our own Funture and place where ever we want in the Aparment Funcom
    Hail Funcom!
    So lovelying provided us simple worker people

Do they not also provide us with identical clothing?
    So brillant Desgined to!
    All Hail Funcom
    We even have maching weapons for those times when we must hurt the enemys of Funcom
    For Funcom!

So what is the problem if our glorius leaders already provide us with identical, clothing and weapons and even housing, What is the problem with all have identical nanos?

We all like looking and doing the same don't we?

After all Funcom
    Hail Funcom!
    Is always Right

/satire off

Funcom = Omni-Tek?
    "I'll die before I give you a nuclear destruction maximum capability device of some kind." - Einstein

Actually.. identical is good. Less lag when I zone into crowded places

Just joking.

Hmm. Actually wat was this post about ? Complain on lack of variety or wat ?

I tot AO has a huge variety of stuff to choose from. Especially ADVs. U don't have to use 1he, pistol, we can also use AR, shotguns, bow, rifle, etc. And yet won't gimp ourselves badly.

For armor, we can choose from so many styles as well, from Flowers, to Omni-Tek, to Steel Ribs, Kevlars, MK-IIs, all can work and with pros-cons.

With the addition of web cloaks, and removal of Tank penalties (high QL ones), we are no longer senpai clones and get to show our "inner beauty".

So wat is wrong ?

(I don't like the MA Pyjamas though... looks ugly on male characters)

Or are u saying our social clothes should have "level requirements" too?

Maybe >= Level 100 to wear a set of Metal Underwear ?

Originally posted by Serena
    Actually Obergeist I have seen multitudes of posts where Myers
    doesn't actually read whats posted and makes these ignorant ones because of it... go figgure.. Think he will ever learn.. Naaa... its the Funcom way...
    I don't know when I will learn. I should really stop reading these posts since they make me so angry, but i never do. I especially get frustrated when I read the whole post.

The post was satire

If you don't know what satire is

I'm not talking

But anyway Ashuraus three simple facts

1. There are alot of guns and armor
    2. There are few models
    3. The good guns and armor use the same models

Classic cause
    *Servant's of the Eight
    Model Primus

Popular Armors
    Tetrius Series
    Three diffrent kinds
    Diffrances?
    Color

Flowers/tech
    Diffrance? Color

Heck the new dillion model uses the same models as before

What entire new models have they added in the last three months?

Wen-wens come to mind but little else

Kamakase Bots for Engies(Still unknow ETA)
    Model?
    Scope-leets

Most animals share models
    Heck the NPCs we fight are hardly ever diffrant from each other

Swords
    Merchancts look like Sol Xs Riders are bigger Merchants Prototectors are BLUE merchanats

Fact is the game has near the same number of skins as your typical unproffesional Half-Life Mod
    Heck The hunted put togther by three guys has 3 less skins then ALL of AO

But none of that realy matters does it?

This is satire
    Deal with it
    Or learn from it

Oh for those that did not dig any deeper the satire refreances to 1940s Soviet Goverment along with the slogans and such(*Glorious leader should have been a tip off, And if you missed the Comrade Refrance, your probably lived in a cave for the past forty years and/or are the kind of person who can run face first into a brink wall while looking ahead(Excluding the Blind of Course)
    Last edited by Mr Bean; Jul 1st, 2002 at 17:44:47.

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Post Somebody tell him, please...

(I'm sure this link:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=35053

Will help put the following into fuller context. BUMP!)

Mr Bean wisely proclaimed:

The post was satire

If you don't know what satire is

I'm not talking

That's heartening...

He later declared:

This is satire
    Deal with it
    Or learn from it

I submit that the need to proclaim that one's writing is satire (twice!) is the mark of an incompetent satirist. Or inadvertent, self-satire; same difference. Combined with actually producing outright bad satire, the conclusion is inescapable. Deal with it, or learn from it.

Finally...

Oh for those that did not dig any deeper the satire refreances to 1940s Soviet Goverment along with the slogans and such(*Glorious leader should have been a tip off, And if you missed the Comrade Refrance, your probably lived in a cave for the past forty years and/or are the kind of person who can run face first into a brink wall while looking ahead(Excluding the Blind of Course)
    That's a good bit of acute argumentation there, coupled with an evidently encyclopedic comprehension of 20th century history, just as was implicit in the original "satire." The irony, of course, is that the massive complaints (which often sounds like the bleating of very angry sheep) about 14.4 had the air of another "people's revolution," albeit an abortive one. I don't think it's far fetched to refer to this month as "Red June," eh, Comrade Bean?

Jonathan Swift is probably green with envy (or grave rot); and Sanatyana is probably rolling over in ~his~ grave... if he cares in the least about level reqs, et al.

Considering English is not my first laungague and I wiped it out in five mintues I'm doing pretty good

Oh compared to people who spend a few HOURS on it are PAID to do it and went TO SCHOOL for several years learning how to write it

You expect Shakespear?
    Ask shakespear

Don't look at me

And as for the rest
    As they say
    Wheels within wheels

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Post Here it is...

Mr Bean,

Don't turn this into a straw man. Your English is very good, given that it's your 2nd (3rd? 4th?) language; I'm sure it's better than most Americans'. I've learned my own lesson about the inappropriateness of grammar-bullying in this forum (I've recently been in a context where it was the norm, so I'm learning to adapt). And I'm sure you're a smart person. But that's not the point either; I'm talking about a matter of substance, not style.

Satire isn't specific to English; Voltaire, for example, was one of the all-time greats. Consider the nature of satire, though: if you attempt it with so much conviction, yet do it so ineptly, don't think you're setting yourself up, language barrier or no?

If you're going to write so many angry posts about such a small matter as a computer game; over which you threw away an irreplacably precious year of your life, not to mention $156 (or whatever in an equivalent currency) of your hard-earned capital (I presume you're one of the old-timers, around since the beta); and do it SO PRETENTIOUSLY; then be ready for a little of your own medicine. "Learn from it," indeed. "You don't know anything about the last 40 years," indeed.

Here's my basic point. I enjoy this game. I have for about 2 months; knowing myself, I expect to enjoy it for maybe another 2 months (Funcom market research: do with that what you will). I may try Shadowlands when it comes out; I don't know. I'm not very "community oriented"; but I like exchanging ideas, and talking with others about things I enjoy. I'm not here to make "virtual friends" (<insert cheap shot here>), as others seem to be, regardless of whether the game r0xx0rs or suxx0rs. Since I AM enjoying this game, I find a lot of use for these forums, because it's a complex game with a lot of unknowns.

But I just can't let your strident pretentiousness in a forum I use go unchallenged. There are many others like you around here; some have had the decency to quit with relatively little fanfare, but you (among others) are just making a nuisance of yourself to those of us who couldn't care less about these DAMNED LEVEL REQS!!! or whatever. Sure the game has problems -- I've never played a flawless computer game, or paper/pencil RPG, or board game, etc. And something so immensely complex as an MMO game, with all the inevitable curve-fitting, is bound to be plagued with problems. But: it's a game. There are many more out there; and besides, there are many other worthy ways of spending time and money.

If it's an issue of how "damn Funcom just doesn't listen," I think you're just going to have to learn to walk away. The more noise you make about it, the deeper you bury yourself (and others with you). If you hate Funcom so much, but they're digging their own hole for themselves, why don't you just get clear of the inevitable carnage and leave us suckers to our own devices?

To be exact Blueprint I spent $40 on the game
    First month +game itself
    Then I used the recmend friend thing for the rest of my time except my last month which I also paid bringing it up to 56$ odd dollers

As for the rest Blue you mis-read me

During my time in AO I campained for many things
    During that six month period myself along with several others tried to bring light onto subjects that needed attention

Some got it
    Some did not
    This is just another one of those things
    Blue you've so dug yourself into the personal issues here you've missed the main point of the fact

Its one thing to spin
    Look at any Political system used in the RL without spin few would survive longer than a week
    You can ignore it(Favorite funcom tatic, Classic example-Reload Button, been number 3 on suggestions since the game went Beta, NTM Gold and five patchs down the road)

But one thing you CAN'T do is out and out lie
    THIS is what Funcom is guilty off and it is what composes roughly 23% of the posts here(Random but likely close guess)
    Another 30% is probably the damn funcom why are you not providing feed-back posts

But anyway
    Consider the nature of satire, though: if you attempt it with so much conviction, yet do it so ineptly, don't think you're setting yourself up, language barrier or no
    How good with the Odyess be if we forced Homer to write it in Arabic?
    Ever read Japanish Poetry?
    To hear it in English is quite diffrant then to hear it in its own launguage
    One should not underestmate the launguage barrier. There are alot of things that simply don't translate from laungauge to language

And as I said above(Or at least I hope I remebered to)
    Accusing me of Straw-man is quite Ironic as you stray quite close to using it yourself along with the Ad Nasum Logic flaw
    But thats somthing that does not realy matter either way
    To error is Human as its said and I don't think much of anyone who cares about it here

But the fact remains
    Its satire
    I did not thump my chest and annoce to the world on the highest mountain
    Look World! This is an answear to everything and anything in AO!
    Bow before it as it is your new God!

Hyperbole of course but it helps make my point
    Satire in the end is a tool for teaching. If you did not get my point accross to you in it
    Then forget it. If you lautch onto the method of the message then its just as bad as if you discredited my idea because of the FONT I used

Two last notes
    And something so immensely complex as an MMO game, with all the inevitable curve-fitting, is bound to be plagued with problems
    The fact is sure programs are buggy, sure they face problems
    But few ship them like this
    Morrowind is a good example
    Very complex, tons of models lots to do
    Sure its not an MMORPG and does not have the additional layers of netcode and secruity software and the like that are inculded
    But then agian when you spend $25.99 on a game you hope when you carry the shinny new CD home and install the program you can DO it without it crashed twice and on a regualr clock-work cylce due to memory leaks untill sometime around 13.6

And lastley
    The more noise you make about it, the deeper you bury yourself (and others with you). If you hate Funcom so much, but they're digging their own hole for themselves, why don't you just get clear of the inevitable carnage and leave us suckers to our own devices?
    Bury myself? In what? I'm sorry but I don't understand what your trying to say with that

And the second is well
    I'm already doing the second part arn't I?

Prehaps I'm just a concered citzin point out the fact this ship is based on an ice-cube tray and those don't float so well and is that an Iceburg I see ahead?

Well one mearly needs to check the numbers of players on Anti-guardians after each patch

After the trader heal nerf was annoced myself and nearly 200 others said thats it where gone
    Then a few more nerfs came down the line and the number was around 1000
    Then 14.4 came and a bunch more said thats it

People are mearly bidding their time now for SWG or just for the hell of it or(like me) they got six more months to go before their accoont is gone

You never know till you look around and relise your the only one there

~Mr Bean

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Thumbs up <("<)(>")>

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    To be exact Blueprint I spent $40 on the game
    First month +game itself
    Then I used ...
    [Blah blahs deleted]
    You never know till you look around and relise your the only one there

~Mr Bean
    I'm just posting here to point out that supa dupa long posts, even if they are full of content, are kinda hard to follow.

Hmm... but honestly speaking.

I really think too many models/skins is not good.

It adds a lot to loading lag in crowded places.

I don't think it's worthwhile adding a new model/skin for every item introduced. I would be happier if the stats are done properly in a balanced way than have a pretty looking item that causes more lag.

Not sure if u realise how difficult it is to add a new model. Take those should pads or example (in case u only noticed the wen-wens). They had to fit all the breeds, both sex, all kind of shapes and sizes, and matched with different armor. When they were 1st introduced.. many complained of them pads not being aligned properly, etc. Things get even more complicated when u add stuff like Tank armor, etc.

I think it's not worth the effort going thru all that trouble for the mundane new item. I'll rather have the world designers concentrate on doing another uber job in Shadowlands.

Regarding English and some history.. err

Wat's all this argument about ? I live in Asia, had to study English even though it's not my native lauguage. It's just a common lang for us to communicate. As long as we can understand each other's insults, I think that would serve

And that history part... errm.. not everybody is interested in history of that particular region/period.

People in my part of the world wouldn't care.... and many were not even born then to know much about it...