Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Rubi-ka under siege: News from the front #2**

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

**Rubi-ka under siege: News from the front #2**

Philip Ross releases official statement!

Though many people aren't sure just how or why Omni-Prime has allowed it to get through, Philip Ross has issued a statement intended for all of Rubi-Ka to hear. In it, Ross clearly and simply states, "Rest assured, citizens and employees, I will return!" The transmission was followed by sounds of a struggle and static interferance. As of this time, nobody is sure just when or even if Ross is coming back, and if he is, how he has or plans to escape Omni-Reform to do so. Some sources say that Ross has already escaped, while others say that Omni-Reform is attempting put on a facade that Ross has managed to escape when, in fact, thay have brainwashed him and made him a tool of Omni-Prime. Expect immediate coverage of Ross' return if and when it happens.

Alien attacks resume in greater force!

After a few quiet days on all fronts, aliens have resumed their onslaught. Skirmishes have been reported from many places on Rubi-Ka, including Tir, Galway County and Omni-1. These attacks are reportedly massive, with possibly hundreds of invaders storming unsuspecting cities. As of yet, the reason for the relative peace of the days before the massive attacks is unknown, though many sources speculate that the aliens were taking their time to analyize gathered data, build their forces and plan their attack before beginning their siege.

Silverstone to lead Sentinels and Clans against alien attacks!

Simon Silverstone's involvement in the recent attacks on Tir is well documented, however Silverstone has announced his intent to take an initiative in all attacks on Clan territory. A Vanguard spokesperson said that assistance in Old Athen was unnecessary, which was met with no official reply from the Sentinel leader. Some believe that this could lead to a mild conflict within the Clans, as to who defends what. However, past incidents have proven that all present Clans work together in unison to fight off the alien threat, wherever it may be.

ICC Blockade Runner clashes with alien fleet!

An ICC ship attempting to penetrate alien forces lined up around Rubi-Ka with vital troop and supply support was nearly destroyed in its attempt to punch through a weak spot in the line. Several alien frigates attempted to disable and board the ICC ship, the Feint, which later crash-landed near ICC's Rubi-Ka headquarters. The ship suffered 67% casualties, but surprisingly, no cargo loss. Survivors all say that the alien forces were attempting to preserve the cargo holds, presumably to investigate it and find out what it is we require to survive. All crew members have been recognized with ICC commendations for bravery.

Knights effectively halt Alien onslaught in north Avalon!

Although their leader is still in the Shadowlands, Camelot's brave Knights have gathered en masse to fight the alien invaders with vigor and passion in a display that should serve as inspiration to all of Rubi-Ka. Alien activity was reportedly the strongest there after the initial Knight resistance, though no matter how hard the aliens hit, strong Knights continued to push the alien attacks right back where they came from. Reports state that invasion attempts in north Avalon have all but ceased as the aliens have decided to focus their attempts on more vulnerable targets. One Knight commander was heard shouting just before falling in battle, "No invader shall survive on our soil!"

Unicorn Company commandos siege fringe territory beacheads!

Omni-Prime has launched an all out assault on alien fortifications in outlying territories on Rubi-Ka. Rumors are currently circulating as to the nature of the attack, though Omni-Prime will only say that they're attempting to resecure and re-establish colonies in barely-habitable territories of the planet. Unicorn Company's first moves were made last week, securing beach fronts and various inland positions of strategic importance after discovering that the aliens were attempting to secure an on-planet stronghold, presumably to relieve their overworked orbital dropships.

Jobe offers citizens rewards for alien artifacts!

Jobe leadership has issued a statement which says that all alien artifacts can be turned over to any Jobe official effective immediately for a handsome reward. However, Jobe has been very clear as to what denotes an artifact and it seems that the more common alien weapons, bio-organic mass, and other such relatively common alien technologies aren't a part of this list. One Jobe official says, "We're looking for things that may date back to their origins. We can't say where or how one would find such things, as we do not know. But if you do, please notify us immediately."

Neutral authorities crack down on an alien-worshiping cult!

The Newland Militia and ICC, working jointly in Borealis and Newland, have uncovered and harshly struck down a cult known as the "5th Column." An ICC representative cited that the alien-worshippers were planning an ongoing campaign of terror against targets in the two neutral cities, as well as potential for expanding their operations in to other territories. Though most of the cultists resisted violently and were killed in the joint strike, one cult leader being dragged out screaming was heard shouting "They are our saviors! They are the only true path to bliss! Resistance means only eternal damnation!" No statements as to the fate of the surviving cultists have been made.

Finally a message for our brave fighters:

The horses are on the track..I repeat...The horses are on the track.

Mary had a little lamb..I repeat..Mary had a little lamb.

Use the Force, Luke...I repeat...Use the Force, Luke

The reets are out to roost...I repeat..Tre reets are out to roost.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Oct 31st, 2004 at 18:40:56.

Impressive news...sounds to me like humanity is making some headway in the fight against the alien menace.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

5th Column, 5th Column, hmmm...sounds familliar...

And I wonder how will Omnis react to news that Philly Boy is in Omni-Reform.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK

Use the Force, Luke...I repeat...Use the Force, Luke
    ((OOC: law suits anybody?))
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

If Mr.Ross indeed is in Reform then I am sure he is there by hes own free will. Many a Omni-Tek employee have found the relaxing and fresh environment a healthy break in theyre hectic life. And no one lives a more hectic life than Mr.Ross.

I dont believe he is in Omni-Reform for one second though. It will take more than a Neutral reporter to make me believe that.

As for the other good news in this report I can see that they can easily be tagged true or false and therefore they must be true.

So once again..... Keep up the good work humanity!!
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This news of Omni-Tek, neutral, ICC and even Clan battles with the aliens really helps give me confidence in this war.

((OOC: Thanks ARKS for helping make this seem "real"))

Commentary

Philip Ross releases official statement!

Though many people aren't sure just how or why Omni-Prime has allowed it to get through, Philip Ross has issued a statement intended for all of Rubi-Ka to hear. In it, Ross clearly and simply states, "Rest assured, citizens and employees, I will return!" The transmission was followed by sounds of a struggle and static interferance. As of this time, nobody is sure just when or even if Ross is coming back, and if he is, how he has or plans to escape Omni-Reform to do so. Some sources say that Ross has already escaped, while others say that Omni-Reform is attempting put on a facade that Ross has managed to escape when, in fact, thay have brainwashed him and made him a tool of Omni-Prime. Expect immediate coverage of Ross' return if and when it happens.
    So, he is gone from the planet. As I assumed. And he thinks himself MacArthur! Wow, guessed it right again. So predictable. Actually, he even said so himself that he was off-planet trying to get back. But from where? Omni-Prime? Or is he hiding out on some weird little planet hiding from the Alien fleet? Time will tell on that one, but as for me, I prefer to have Phil here than what we have now. I prefer the Devil that I know. And since Phil now has ties to this great big lug of a planet I call my home, I think we can take it as read that he has ties to this place that are not totally corporate in nature. At least I hope he does. He appears to be a human ****ing being. Let's see if he acts like one when he returns.

Knights effectively halt Alien onslaught in north Avalon!

Although their leader is still in the Shadowlands, Camelot's brave Knights have gathered en masse to fight the alien invaders with vigor and passion in a display that should serve as inspiration to all of Rubi-Ka. Alien activity was reportedly the strongest there after the initial Knight resistance, though no matter how hard the aliens hit, strong Knights continued to push the alien attacks right back where they came from. Reports state that invasion attempts in north Avalon have all but ceased as the aliens have decided to focus their attempts on more vulnerable targets. One Knight commander was heard shouting just before falling in battle, "No invader shall survive on our soil!"
    Hell yeah! And no big surprise to me there. Say what you will, but the Knights have always been about the old codes of behavior, and they always exemplify the code by their actions. Well done to Galahad and his noble Clan!
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

If you havent been hiding under a rock yourself for the past couple of months you will have learned that Mr.Ross HAD to escape the planet. There are mutiple reasons for hes silent departure.
    Im glad some clanners are able to see the fact that Omni`s ,infact, are human beings.

The knights are a force witch RubiKa can reckon with and should be proud of.
    Shame they are so confused.......

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I hardly hide under rocks. I read the "news" every day. I just don't talk when there is nothing to say.
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Then whats up with the half truths and hearsay`s?

Oh nevermind. Everythings normal..................

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Oh Phillip Ross, where art thou? Rubi-Ka needs you.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Dont worry your slave of omni-prime will return

Properly brainwashed no doubt.....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Let me get this straight. Phillip Ross, the only person wanting peace with the Clans and in a real position with authority to do something about it is gone, possibly missing, possibly undergoing a forced mental change.

Now that he isn't around/doing so well that is good news for the Clans how so? The last thing I'd want as an Omni employee is the Unicorn Company to take over with Ross out of the way and pursue their aggressive agenda against the Clans unhindered. Increased aggression against the Clans is bad for both no? Phillip Ross deserves more credit than what you Clanners have given him.

This can only be bad for the supporters for peace and more conflict amongst ourselves is the last thing that we need right now.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Nov 3rd, 2004 at 23:54:00.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

What would you do if all of the neutrals and clans had a hate against you *and* alien invanders are intruding on your very planet? Im certain you won't stay and let youself be killed. P. Ross had to do what was best, and he will return and fix the problem ((and put up some new turrents in Omni Ent ))

My view on the issues, all of the defenders of Rubi Ka are doing well in defending, with the occasional overpowered General aliens. Now that the conflict is begining to slow, and as I said, R. Ross will return with new plans and power.

(( Lends the clan posters some good fertile soil ))
    Firefoxmp - 220/21/?? Nanomage MP
    Sloathe - 3X/2/?? Nanomage NT

Finally back from WoW! lolendgamecontent

So we were talking about Ross's "I will return!" speech last night on Channel 42. And I have to ask, what is the deal with that?

I mean, I run my own company, Rubi-ka Universal Robots. Granted RUR is not as big as Omni-Tek, but there is one thing I know. When I fire someone, they don't turn around and say "I will return!". They might say "Fine, you can keep your crummy job." or "Whoo-hoo!" or one time they broke down into tears, hugged me and cried "Thank you, thank you so much!" but I've never, ever heard anyone I sacked say "I will return!"

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Philip Ross hasn't been fired, though. He's only been ... withdrawn from Rubi-Ka. And there's a big difference between having a normal job and being the immediate leader of a planet. Philip Ross cares for his employees (and most other citizens of Rubi-Ka, even (peaceful) clanners), and he probably wishes to return to help us against the aliens and to further attempt to improve relationships between the human races (atrox, opifex, solitus, nano) of Rubi-Ka.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Yeah, and I am sure he got paid very, very well to "care" for Rubi-Ka and it's inhabitants.

The point is the if you accept that Omni-Prime had the authority to place Ross in charge of Rubi-Ka for 30 years, then it also has the authority to remove him (pending contractual obligations). If Ross were to challenge this, he would be defacto challenging the legitimancy of his own term in charge of OTRK, no?

Of course these comments have nothing to do with the fact that it was Ross's last minute mutli-million credits donnation to that allowed Newland City Council to choose JAME's weaponry over RUR's Guardmaster G robot when the time came to get rid of Loren Warr.

I am not bitter, no way.

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak
    Let me get this straight. Phillip Ross, the only person wanting peace with the Clans and in a real position with authority to do something about it is gone, possibly missing, possibly undergoing a forced mental change.

Now that he isn't around/doing so well that is good news for the Clans how so? The last thing I'd want as an Omni employee is the Unicorn Company to take over with Ross out of the way and pursue their aggressive agenda against the Clans unhindered. Increased aggression against the Clans is bad for both no? Phillip Ross deserves more credit than what you Clanners have given him.

This can only be bad for the supporters for peace and more conflict amongst ourselves is the last thing that we need right now.
    This is probably 100% correct.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak

Phillip is like the dog who pee's on your rug and The Unicorns are the dogs who Sh*t on it. No matter which you pick. That rugs gona stink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast