Thread: And then it's Pistols AGAIN my First and Last i hope

Question And then it's Pistols AGAIN my First and Last i hope

Hi. I have been reading most of the post's on pistol's. I can seem to find any replay's form any one at funcom that states what Pistols are supose to do.. Now the Mob's just scratch their back, like noting happens. I do aproxemetly 20-30 damage at lvl 77 i think that's abit to low. my burst was befor the patch 13.0 Avg. 120 Dmg. Fling was well random form 13 to 80 damage and in rare ocuation's above 100 dmg. i use dualweald my pistols are above QL70. i could make it befor the patch bye having luck with the critical hit's.. but now the scoope crit add has been tuned down.
    I am not sure if you guys at funcoare happy with the function of the Pistol. I am not happy with them. I am an Engineer so i have my pet, ha does the fight's for me, but to get a pet that can do the work for me ineed 2 MP buff's Mastery T&S and Creation. then i get a pet out that can do the damage he does from 250-400 in damage. but he only attack 1 mob.. i i start a mission and i get 3-4 on me even if they are all gray to me.. I am unable to kill 1 MOB on my own so i have to Hide ore just run around in circels until the pet takes them out..
    i just think that i should be able to take atleast 1 Gray MOB out on my own.. And i hear and see others below my lvl doing an average of 400-600 damage crits at 1450 DMG.

Ok.. this is some trouble i have i guess others have it worse, and
    spesialy for those who dont have a pet to help them out.

1. My question is.Are you guys at Funcom going to Do any thing with the Pistol's?

2. what are you going to do?

3. Ore are you happy with them the way they are?
    If you are happy with them the way they are then Pleas tell me why. PS. Dont take the Standar Balanse answare..

OK that was My first and hopfully last Pistol Post..

Give me a Good Answare please..

And good luck on your problems hope you guys solve them soon
    your doing a good job trying to make the game better.. And it will get better i am sure

Engineer LVL 77 And My pet ****
    Last edited by Proixma_; Nov 16th, 2001 at 11:30:51.

ya pistols suck.. and I feel for you.. needs to be fixed

if ac takes of (for example) 50 damage per hit at your level and you hit 5x to my one hammer, then you lost out on 50x5=250 hp damage.. i lost 50 off my damage.

fast weapons in general suck..

I wanted dual 1he.. but was forced into realizing 2hb is the wayto go.. and it is.

Yes, it is not a problem with pistols per se, but with fast/lowdam weapons.

A quick patchwork fix would be to limit AC reduce to 50% of initial damage. Thus instead of plinking away for 20dam against monsters with AC at 1000 or so, you could be plonking them for 60dam (if your base was 120 dam). Triple the damage yeah, but still lot worse than one good hit from a big weapon (300 - 100 = 200, 200 is 66% of 300 so only 33% lost instead of 50%).

Question Not sure what you meen there ewert

"Yes, it is not a problem with pistols per se, but with fast/lowdam weapons."

Even if the Pistols have som what a fast fireing rate.. you don't hit with every shot.. and with only 30 damage on average with pistols.. "well it depends what pistol you are using. but on around QL 70-80 pistols i am not far off"..
    you cant say that there is noting wrong with them..

but maybe i misunderstod you ewert..

Unhappy

This seems to be more of an issue with fast low damage weapons in general. See the MA thread for the same issue. They basically upped the AC of monsters, but did not lower the HP. So any fast low damage weapon is less than useful. Pistols being a well known low damage(maybe not really fast) weapon are thus affected. Most will now do minimum damage because of the change. I have yet to see any statement by funcom on this issue.

Mustafo

One thing I really wish is that stuff like this was in the patch notes. I don't even remember seeing this on the test server.

yep mob ac was definately increased

Im a level 83 adventurer. Before on orange mobs i could pretty much guarantee a 140-200 hit on average with my 1-139 damage q113 merchant executioners. After the patch i often hit for 50-100 on a normal hit low orange and pretty only get what i used to on GREYS!!!

And my skill in 1he is NOT low. my attack is 562. maxed 1he for my level +101 points from a full set of q92 implants and additional attack from my token board and grinning hunter. Oh and did i forget to mention that 34 points of that damage is from grinning hunter so that would make my average hit about 26-66 without grinning hunter.

I used to be able to solo any non soldier/ma/enforcer reds. Now i can barely take on an orangish yellow

Me a dual pistol ADV.

At least u still have your bot

I have nothing else but my crappy pistols...

Re: Not sure what you meen there ewert

Originally posted by Proixma_
    "Yes, it is not a problem with pistols per se, but with fast/lowdam weapons."

Even if the Pistols have som what a fast fireing rate.. you don't hit with every shot.. and with only 30 damage on average with pistols.. "well it depends what pistol you are using. but on around QL 70-80 pistols i am not far off"..
    you cant say that there is noting wrong with them..

but maybe i misunderstod you ewert..
    Meant it has nothing to do with exactly pistols. If there was a high-dam low attack speed pistol, you would do JUST fine.

It has everything to do with way AC reduces damage. Which gimps fast hitting low damage weapons (most common ones being pistols and dual-wielding non-rider melee weapons).

Say, a shotgun shoots for 1-500. And your pistol for 1-200, but you are wielding two pistols and they shoot half as fast as the shotgun. So you'd think you would do more damage after all than the shotgun, since you are getting 1-200+1-200 + 1-200 in the same time period. Except:

Random(200) - MonsterACReduction(150) = damage of 1-50, where you will hit minimum 75% of the time. So mostly you are hitting for nada, zip zilch nothing just spriddling some pepper on the monster...

Whereas one-timer 1-500 minus that 150, you will hit 1-350 with only about third of the time hitting for minimum... That's actually being generous with the values, usually it is just straight to minimum damage for fast/lowdam weapon users

Argh!! Hey or they could just put AC back where it was rather than add a bunch of new code that *cough* might not work quite right.

Umm changing AC's back doesn't fix the problem at all. The problem exists, and will exists until the way AC is handled is changed. Until then, fast/lowdam weapons are gimped weapons after lvl... like, umm, 30?

Till 30 they can do okay, but still be worse than slow/highdam weapons =P

I do believe that the way that AC is handled very much hurts pistol users. I was forced to go from pistols that used impact/projectile damage to fire and radiation based damage pistols after around level 35 so I could do something besides minimum damage to many mobs.

I'm sure that switching damage types has bought me some time, but from hearing what other say, the old problem will come back eventually as fire and radiation ACs go up at higher levels...

Don't the Freedom Arms removal, and Multi-range nerf seem silly now?

Granted, when the masses were running around in the 25-40 range dualing FAs, the cries for nerfs seemed somewhat reasonable. Even soldiers were dualing... but that was before people really got levels and started alpha striking the bejesus out of poor saps with nova flows.

It's just nuts.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.