Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rimor Roleplaying Orgs V2.0

A thought just occured to me. Perhaps we should have some sort of meeting, or get-together mostly ooc to purpose guidelines for RP? For one we could set up just what we want to consider Taboo, and two it gives us all a chance to get aquanted so it won't be that uncomfortable to strike up some sort of IC dialouge with another player.

Some place neutral would be best, but not a central gathering point. Maybe something like a borealis backyard or Harry's?
    Bushido: Way of the Warrior
    -Gi (Honesty and Justice)
    -Yu (Courage)
    -Jin (Compassion)
    -Rei (Polite Courtesy)
    -Meyo (Honor)
    -Makoto (Complete Sincerity)
    -Chugo (Duty and loyalty)

well you can try to get some ppl to stay after the ark rp meeting
    ( http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=359 )
    Last edited by Mummu; Feb 1st, 2005 at 16:06:17.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Funny how I swear that wasn't there before I posted. :P But I guess I missed it
    Bushido: Way of the Warrior
    -Gi (Honesty and Justice)
    -Yu (Courage)
    -Jin (Compassion)
    -Rei (Polite Courtesy)
    -Meyo (Honor)
    -Makoto (Complete Sincerity)
    -Chugo (Duty and loyalty)

Can we get an update on the RP org list? Any new orgs or any of these ones listed no longer into RP?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyGizzy
    Can we get an update on the RP org list? Any new orgs or any of these ones listed no longer into RP?

Well.. Vayde gave up his Project Shadow at least.. And he has now joined up with the Disciples of Omni-Tek..

So I guess yet again we are the only Omni org left on rk2 that do dabble in RP...
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Kranden
    OK since Sallust is gone lets get this going again for his sake and the sake of all Rpers =). If u have a website please let me know so i can link it. Please add right away! *note Im going to add people i know who still RP and my own guild ofc.

Clans:
    Shadow Of Death
    Serenity
    Tiger Claw

Neutrals:
    Shattered Dreams
    Free Souls

Omni-Tek:
    Disciples of Omni-tek
    Project Shadow

http://www.disciplesot.org/ is a bad url or the site is no longer up, appears to be an AA site now.

Quote Originally Posted by kaPlonk
    http://www.disciplesot.org/ is a bad url or the site is no longer up, appears to be an AA site now.

Yea we have some issues with renewing the adress.. The user that set it up is no longer available.. trying to get it fixed.

Meanwhile we are using doot.johnharald.no as a temp URL.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Omni-Trans is now up and running again and willing to join the club.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

hey, has there been any though into getting funcom to create a Roleplay server? Given the lists of orgs trying to create some kind of haven for Roleplay I think it could go over well with many players.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

not that i had heared of.
    but I like the idea. And if I could even get som of my chars transfered to that server I would definatly use it. The question is, how many players would use it?
    Free Souls
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

how about creating a poll? either on the boards or see if funcom can make one ingame.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    hey, has there been any though into getting funcom to create a Roleplay server? Given the lists of orgs trying to create some kind of haven for Roleplay I think it could go over well with many players.
    sorry but every now and then someone wants to create a RP server or a PvP server, and the consensus seems to be that AO just doesn't need it and can't support either of those. There are people who want to RP but don't want to give up their non-RP friends, etc. Same with PvP actually. I highly doubt this would happen.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

You never know untill you try. heck, maybe some of those RP guys you talked about would bring some of their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfeather
    You never know untill you try. heck, maybe some of those RP guys you talked about would bring some of their friends.
    I'm not convinced our population numbers would support it, but it's not me that needs convincing.

You can, of course, post in the Game Suggestions area, or you could even do a search and pull up the other threads about the same topic and see what's been said. Or you can email Funcom directly.

Personally, I'm one who wouldn't want to leave behind my non-RP friends. *shrug*
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jajangmyun
    I'm not convinced our population numbers would support it,[...]
    yeah. thats my fear too....
    Free Souls
    OUT OF BUSINESS!

I agree with Jaja. It would be hard to have a server just for RP, and above that, who would maintain it and make sure it was always being used only for RP?

I think a better thing to do is have the people who are interested in RP talk more and have more in-game interaction. Perhaps this alone will be enough to inspire other people to join. Some of the members of Shattered Dreams hang out at the table under the huge radar dish in Newland City. Perhaps more RP'ers could gather there and start a productive dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyGizzy
    [...]I think a better thing to do is have the people who are interested in RP talk more and have more in-game interaction. [...]
    /tell Nrpb !join

Use it! Its there to be used!
    Free Souls
    OUT OF BUSINESS!

the following is a copy of a post in the game seggestions area on the same thread:

I played WoW for a little while during the open beta before release on a Roleplay server, and it was indeed self-policing to at least a large extent.

People that blatanly disregarded RP on non-OOC chat channels were ((admonished)) by other players to not do so, and even though i saw some arguments in that regard, the 133t d00ds would soon end up being ignored and give up / change server given that they were clearly out of place there. For the most part, the direct interactions i had with other people were also IC.

I role play in my org as do a few other members too. The name of my org is Brave New World.

I do try to encourage everyone to role play in the org but its not mandatory.

I just thught I would relpy so you guys know we are out there, as I have no idea how to get more involed in the role play as a whole in AO.

I have looked at a number of articals but still feel unsure as to how.

and I do beleave that myself and a few other in my org would be interested in getting involed in the role play and story line of the game.

dont know if there are any pointers as to going about this.

hopefuly hear from you.
    Last edited by kisharr; Jul 17th, 2005 at 17:01:41.
    Lady " Kisharr " Blackwood.
    Lvl 173, Adventurer, Clan, RK2.
    Unit Commander of Vox Populi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast