Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clanners "getting even"

What is ganking

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    What is ganking?

IMO, ganking is killing another person on same side of conflict when they havn't agreed on a duel.

Pomy was in a 0% zone and killed omnis, and she did it cuz omnis did same with a friend right before, so what's the problem?

A person on other side of conflict killed you, stop whining of the reason she did it, go and attack clanners instead.
    Ganking is close to what is called camping in other games. It can be done to same side or opposite side players. It simply involves attacking someone who isnt able to defend him or herself. Wether this is due to lvl, skills, zoning bugs or numbers is immaterial.

Arena being a 0% zone has nothing to do with it. Its a question of lowering yourself to the level that you are protesting against.

Others may approve of this kind of tactic, but i will never approve of. I was guilty of doing it once myself, and that made me realize how idiotic this style of play is.

Sure Azz, I will go forth and kill clanners, but I wont be a coward about it.
    Last edited by Beartwo; Jul 1st, 2002 at 13:40:08.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Quote :
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ganking is close to what is called camping in other games. It can be done to same side or opposite side players. It simply involves attacking someone who isnt able to defend him or herself. Wether this is due to lvl, skills, zoning bugs or numbers is immaterial.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmao ..... Gunnandahalf ! I WANT MY TITLE BACK ! U GANKED ME CAUSE AND I COULDNT DEVEND MYSELF CAUSE U WERE 100 LVLS HIGHER !

Here is the deal , And i will explain this as simple as i can to you

U omni

Me Clan

U in Fight Zone

Me Attack U

Do i need to draw pictures for you ?

We have rules also , but they only ( for the most part ) apply to fellow clanners . There are other Omnis out there that we do show respect to , but they earned it . They are the ones working with alot of us other clanners in making PvP an event to play in .

Anywho , If its not a sanctioned action that sevral guilds agreed to then expect to be ganked or killed or shot at or hell even Have Words of wisdom thrown your way . But dont come here complaining that your lvl 75 toon got killed by an oposing side in the conflict who was 75+ levels above u .

What the h3ll are you talking about??

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    Quote :
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmao ..... Gunnandahalf ! I WANT MY TITLE BACK ! U GANKED ME CAUSE AND I COULDNT DEVEND MYSELF CAUSE U WERE 100 LVLS HIGHER !

Here is the deal , And i will explain this as simple as i can to you

U omni

Me Clan

U in Fight Zone

Me Attack U

Do i need to draw pictures for you ?

We have rules also , but they only ( for the most part ) apply to fellow clanners . There are other Omnis out there that we do show respect to , but they earned it . They are the ones working with alot of us other clanners in making PvP an event to play in .

Anywho , If its not a sanctioned action that sevral guilds agreed to then expect to be ganked or killed or shot at or hell even Have Words of wisdom thrown your way . But dont come here complaining that your lvl 75 toon got killed by an oposing side in the conflict who was 75+ levels above u .
    You have missed the point completely so crawl back to wherever you came from.

This post was to show tactics used by certain individuals and to show my distaste for them, especially when they try to hide their actions behind lame excuses.

I dont give a sh1t if I get killed, I expect it to happen from time to time. I do care about being straightforward and admitting to the things I do, wether they are good or bad.
    Legion
    Beartwo

Re: Re: Attention Please

Originally posted by Alynie

I've been yelled at by an Omni for this exact behavior. He would stand in 0% Tir Arena, sometimes in sneak, and gank everyone he can. Since I was starting to get annoyed with his behavior (and interestingly enough, two other Omni's asked me to get rid of him), I stepped into 0%, stacked a divest/plunder and a second later he zoned. He then called me a ganker and went back to standing in 0%. I'd attack him again, he'd run and zone, call me a ganker, then stand in 0% again. After 3 repetitions of this, he started spamming shouts that I was ganking and eventually logged. He was the strangest person. Apparently he thought it was only okay for an Omni to gank, not a Clanner.
    Good play Alynie, I would do the same thing.

Now if only you could get Pomy to think that way......
    Legion
    Beartwo

I love it!

personally, i love this whole thread. It highlights one of the coolest new tactics in this game...
    AMBUSH
    and what's even better is that you can do it right back at clanners! I have bags adn bags full of clan xp pinkes, because yes, I will kill a clanner every chance I get. so I expect the same from clanners.

Originally posted by elektrikflo

Hey, thats not true. We cleaned the river in Tir.

And since when is omni-tek my friend? KOS isn't very friendly.
    ROFL Storm didn't clean the Tir moat, Opposing Force did. Go look at the big plaque near the shore, forgot which side, easy to spot though.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

Re: What the h3ll are you talking about??

Originally posted by Beartwo

You have missed the point completely so crawl back to wherever you came from.

This post was to show tactics used by certain individuals and to show my distaste for them, especially when they try to hide their actions behind lame excuses.

I dont give a sh1t if I get killed, I expect it to happen from time to time. I do care about being straightforward and admitting to the things I do, wether they are good or bad.
    If you wouldnt give **** about getting killed you would never strt this all thread.

What are you trying to point here? That i only gank? And come up with "lame" excuses when i do so.

No i didnt gank you i attacked you becasue there was gravy and some trader who were ganking early that why i was there i thought you and Doicman came to help...

And why did you even bother to go in if you see 5 blue dots on the map standing inside arena.

Comon let me call every omni ganker becasue how i am suppose to defend myself when i enter 2HO and there 20 omnis grid camping.

Ganking for me is when i duel person and some lammer enters arena and attacks me or person i duel.

Thats all i have to say.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

personally, i think if you kill someone on the other side of the conflict, its never a "gank". I think if PVP were only duels, this game would be so damn boring that i'd throw up. The game's not called "duels and missions Online". **** happens. We all die sometimes. The real question is can you pick up your stuff and go back to try again or jump on the message boards to complain...

/angry
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Hehe nice one gravy and grats on neo

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Uhh..

Since when are clanners in the Omni-Ent arena?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Re: Attention Please

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    Greetings Omni Employees . I am Erinsuin , Master Agent . I ahve been sent here to tell you that We are at War with Each other , Clan vs Omni . Regardless of the Means ... You will be exterminated ON SITE . Any action taken by an Omni employee against a Fellow Clanner will be Given back tripled .

If Our guns will Fire at you then please be forwarned that we will pull the trigger and cast our Combat Nanos . Our Healers will Heal those who are on the front line and our Nano technicians Will drop Nukes on you . Our Traders will ransack your skills and our Fixers will Root you in place . That little robot named Marvin ? dont worry about him , he probably is just a stragler in the crowd ... or maybe its one of our Enginers or Bueracrats ... Know one knows for certian on that issue .

In Summory : Clan is good , Omni Is Bad . KIll Omni . Kill Omni . Eat Shrimp . Kill Omni . Drink Pepsi while you Kill Omni .

As a side note : If you are stupid enough to stand in a 25% or 0% zone then you are stupid enough to think you got Ganked . But wait , your omni ... go figure .
    Wow...never seen someone who dropped out at 2nd grade post b4.

Thx.

Re: Re: What the h3ll are you talking about??

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

If you wouldnt give **** about getting killed you would never strt this all thread.
    What are you trying to point here? That i only gank? And come up with "lame" excuses when i do so.
    No i didnt gank you i attacked you becasue there was gravy and some trader who were ganking early that why i was there i thought you and Doicman came to help...
    And why did you even bother to go in if you see 5 blue dots on the map standing inside arena.
    Comon let me call every omni ganker becasue how i am suppose to defend myself when i enter 2HO and there 20 omnis grid camping.
    Ganking for me is when i duel person and some lammer enters arena and attacks me or person i duel.
    Thats all i have to say.
    I still dont care wether I got killed or not, I reacted to the tactics. You werent visible so I didnt think to check map.
    The excuse didnt hold water then and still doesnt. Hanging around arenas in sneak mode with 4 friends and killing anyone who poks their nose in is ganking to me.

If your definition is different it really doesnt matter. It still a lowlife tactic. The agent you complained about using the same tactic in TIR arena is no longer a part of Mayhem.

2HO, Camelot and MMD are battlegrounds. I have fought many battles there and even manged to kill some clanners from time to time. This is a war (as someone here said) and killing is a part of that.
    Some of the clanners I have met use honorable tactics (Abid comes to mind), but you didnt. You tried to make it legit by saying Gravy and some trader did it to someone else.

At least Bio had the b@lls to come out and say that he enjoyed ganking others.

NM Pomy, ths discussion is getting repetitive and boring. I wish you luck in your gaming.

Your tactics are your own, stand up and admit to them.
    Legion
    Beartwo

I wasnt concealed my 125 concealment doesnt allow me to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12