Thread: Cant beat the Trader, need help!

Cant beat the Trader, need help!

I have no problem with any class except for traders, and the ever so often MA. I go get the big buffs just to fight a trader, only to be left dead for the vultures.

This deprive skill thing is killing me. How can the cast two separate deprive/type nanos on me? I think to be all fair, classes should be able to cast dual buffs on theirselves increasing attack skills, and then it would all come down to the equality of your weapons and skills.

I shouldnt have to wear a weapon that is 5 levels lower than me just to avoid a shutdown of skills.

And further more, the deprive ruins my nano so i cant break the root. Geez, what am i supposed to do. Continue to run from these guys?

"I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

Have you tried tossing out a PM or TS incomp nano on them? At low (and high levels) not having missing the nano req by 1 point still means they can't cast the nano. At low levels that might work. Or play doc and cast a nano init debuff on them. Or you can try and get them to team heal and laugh when the DoT damage kills them.

Usually the Traders at low levels that PvP heavily are funded by fairly high characters. You don't mess with them.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Hehe, I don't think I've ever had someone cast an incomp nano on me before, except by mistake when they were trying to break my root.

Wouldn't work on most traders since we usually have a ton of different QL drains hotbarred.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

Talking about the low level ones that think they're the **** of the walk just because they're traders. I drool when they ransack themselves and run scurred. /ghetto mode

Makes me laugh as hard as when I see an NT root and nuke themselves to death.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Hehe, if I had kept playing my trader, I am 100% positive that I would divest or root myself by mistake all the time because I'm not in the habit of hitting f1, single heal, and f1 again to retarget. I remember some really sad duels with my 40MA where I healed my opponent and subsequently died a very embarrasing death.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Unhappy Doesn't help

tried dominate on trader.. didn't really stop them from draining me.. only thing found works is nanoshutdown. Thats if I get it off first which usually doesn't happen considering the casting time between the both and range. Really just stay away from traders period even heals were nerfed.

I'm so happy I'm an MA. Traders fall before me like a hot knife through butter. What's my secret? My duck at level 123 is over 600 when buffed with fleet foot and limbo mastery (for any MAs that don't know, limbo mastery does stack with the elusive target line of buffs). I put my slider to full def and just sloooowly peck away at their HP, and they go crazy knowing they have a heal but using it would only make them die faster. I love killing traders almost as much as I love killings enfs that are stupid enough to not raise evades, thinking their HP will make up for it. Mwahaha, I say to you, eat a 900 crit or two.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Silly Ma's

I just found a way to conquer the ever so hard ma, but im not tellin', cause your ma is next(this reply isnt targeted to any specific ma)
    "I got a snake man" -The Bafoon

love killing traders almost as much as I love killings enfs that are stupid enough to not raise evades, thinking their HP will make up for it. Mwahaha, I say to you, eat a 900 crit or two.
    Except of course when you duel a gimped hammer enf like I use to be and still lose
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Mwahaha, I say you to, crawl in a hole and die
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Beating a trader depends heavily on doing a lot of damage right at the beginning of the fight before he has a chance to stack debuffs and cut your damage output in half.

Usually, in duels with my trader, if my opponent hasn't managed to kill me in the first 10-20 seconds, I have a pretty good chance of winning.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

The whining about traders being so uber in PvP has already resulted in a huge nerf to our heals, which, by the way, has had a big impact on PvM team play.

If you have no problem with every class, except for traders and some MA's, doesn't that mean that your profession is seriously overpowered and should be nerfed as well?

I'm getting rather tired of these random repetitive posts about not being able to beat a trader.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

What I dont get is the unbelievable debuffs traders have...Im around 50 and saw the -75 debuff to almost all skills! how can that be?!?! any other prof has different debuffs for different skills...after a trader debuffs me with that 1 debuff, im not able to do anything anymore...

If I would try to debuff him, I´d need 30 seconds just to put all debuffs on him...

so. what did i get wrong? Traders can heal, crit the most with the highest Crits, have the most effective single debuffs...

how really do u kill them? DoT cant be the solution ( i have the feeling, they are not strong enough)...Crits from any other prof cant be it too, cause they dont have higher shotguns...

Or is it in lower levels only? will the Traders possibilities change over 100 or 150? (but even then...with 150 u played played already most of the game, its senseless, if traders are only beatable at 150+

hm..i hope that thread brings some solution,...(or ideas)

Originally posted by mblack
    What I dont get is the unbelievable debuffs traders have...Im around 50 and saw the -75 debuff to almost all skills! how can that be?!?! any other prof has different debuffs for different skills...after a trader debuffs me with that 1 debuff, im not able to do anything anymore...

If I would try to debuff him, I´d need 30 seconds just to put all debuffs on him...

so. what did i get wrong? Traders can heal, crit the most with the highest Crits, have the most effective single debuffs...

how really do u kill them? DoT cant be the solution ( i have the feeling, they are not strong enough)...Crits from any other prof cant be it too, cause they dont have higher shotguns...

Or is it in lower levels only? will the Traders possibilities change over 100 or 150? (but even then...with 150 u played played already most of the game, its senseless, if traders are only beatable at 150+

hm..i hope that thread brings some solution,...(or ideas)
    Some background on traders.

Traders have 0 buffs to help them before combat. Everything a trader has to increase damage output has to be done during a fight and only lasts 3 minutes. Traders have a blue/green shotgun skill (only 4 points per lvl), Dark blue ranged int and blue evades. Since 85% of our nano lines are completely useless, we really only need 2 nano skill lines so we can streamline ourselves for PvP better saving IP wasted on the other nano skill lines.

Before the crit and heal nerf a trader was very hard to bring down.

Now traders can't heal during the fight and we don't crit nearly as much as before (high attack rating helps).
    Weapons:
    Since shotguns are of 2 types:
    A. slow, good damage with 1 or no specials.
    or
    B. Fast very low damage with a high crit,
    Because of these options
    traders seem to get wailed on a lot now.

Fast, high damage from multiple specials are what wins pvp now. Before everyone was running around with snakemaster and uvc, now everyone is running around with nova/flashpoint and Alpha'ing people... even traders.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano