Thread: Pet Pathing will it ever be fixed?

Angry Pet Pathing will it ever be fixed?

Okay.. When will FC get the MP pet pathing fixed? Im unable to play my MP atm because of LOUSY pathing (ATK pet gets LOST all the time etc) this makes the life as MP unplayable for atleast me... Ive had enough of Crappy Pet pathing for one.
    "How do you prove that you exist...?
    Maybe we dont exist..."

"Love goes, Like night... Its a fading dream"

"15 candles
    Redeemers of this world
    Dwell in hypocrisy:
    "How were we supposed to know?"

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. Its not even that hard a fix, do it already.

-Arsiine

No.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Re: Pet Pathing will it ever be fixed?

Originally posted by Methlon
    Okay.. When will FC get the MP pet pathing fixed? Im unable to play my MP atm because of LOUSY pathing (ATK pet gets LOST all the time etc) this makes the life as MP unplayable for atleast me... Ive had enough of Crappy Pet pathing for one.
    Sadly the pet classes are outdoor classes... and sadly *again* funcom is totally against outdoor xp, as was shown when they NERFED medusas, as was shown when they JACKED up the bothackers at 8x8 so that they nuked and did other nasty things they had never done before... I personally had no choice but to give up my main MP when these nerfs went into effect, after having already tried a few indoor missions i already knew it was a joke. Most MP's and Engi's who play indoor missions now, dont even bother casting their pets.

The reason funcom did this is pretty simple, 2 many people outdoors screws up the game, the lag created in the play field is much more managable when its in a spawned dungen limited to just 1 team of 6 at most as was proven beyond a doubt by the big 2h0 omni/clanner war in which the vast majority of people were getting a ping of 250k and would attack a full half minute after hitting q. (with a 2.53ghz 1gig-ram gforce4 and highspeed access the same was happening to me so dont tell me it was my computer when its brand new top of the line)

Personally i think its a joke, on a planet the size of rubi ka with as much space as we honestly have to fly over and look down at trees and rocks and literally hundreds of thousands of mobs... we'll never get to hunt any of them since the xp is minimal and if we did manage to find some mobs worth killing funcom will just nerf them anyway in thier nonstop "go back indoors" gusto...

---Consistantly Dissapointed AO subscriber
    BROKENCOG

Sadly the pet classes are outdoor classes... and sadly *again* funcom is totally against outdoor xp, as was shown when they NERFED medusas, as was shown when they JACKED up the bothackers at 8x8 so that they nuked and did other nasty things they had never done before...

- Multiple outdoor camps added in Andromeda.
    - SAV and Belial changed to 75% zones to encourage outdoor hunting in underused zones.

Medusas were not nerfed. Their relative strength was increased to match other mobs of the same level. They were underpowered. A group of level 80s should not be able to easily kill a level 160+ mob for +100k per kill.

Bothackers is still one of the most popular camps in leasant Meadows. I did a few nights there on my Fixer last week.

The reason funcom did this is pretty simple, 2 many people outdoors screws up the game, the lag created in the play field is much more managable when its in a spawned dungen limited to just 1 team of 6 at most as was proven beyond a doubt by the big 2h0 omni/clanner war in which the vast majority of people were getting a ping of 250k and would attack a full half minute after hitting q.

A number of busy camps spread throughout a zone does not "screw up the game".
    Having 50-100+ players in a small area creates server and framerate lag.

2 perfect examples to prove this point are Broken Shores and Pleasant Meadows.

- Home is the laggiest area in the game. There are so many textures to load, most people drop down to single digit frame rates. Howerer, at the clan and omni whompas the lag is minimal.

- Same goes for 20k. The outpost is lag central.... at the ferry, Treepine Hut or up near the Ninjas..the lag is minimal.

It's a concentration of players and mobs in a small area that gives the AO servers/clients the most problems.

Personally i think its a joke, on a planet the size of rubi ka with as much space as we honestly have to fly over and look down at trees and rocks and literally hundreds of thousands of mobs... we'll never get to hunt any of them since the xp is minimal and if we did manage to find some mobs worth killing funcom will just nerf them anyway in thier nonstop "go back indoors" gusto...

I have found a number of viable outdoor hunting spots (level 50-150) in the perviously mentioned zones.

There is a problem with pet pathing.
    Don't try to hijack the thread with some uninformed, misguided whine about outdoor hunting. You clearly haven't got a clue.