Thread: Blessing/Burden of leadership :-)

Blessing/Burden of leadership :-)

As a Clan leader for over a year now, I’ve dealt with some crazy things. Obviously I’ve had to deal with my own peeps being accused of ganking (true or not), Racism (irl), ninja looting, sexual harassment, tower battles and placement, “drama”, ODing….. List goes on and on, as it would for any established Org.

Me, having to be responsible for all these issues in the guild or between others, has allowed me to see some of the craziest stuff. One Recently really tickled me, enough to post here.

We all know about Elysium, and where the NT’s kite and nuke the hecklers into oblivion. Apparently some peeps know it as the “NT’s Playground”. Without going into much detail, I can assume most of us know ‘ Stay away unless you’re a NT’ and expect to have hecklers running all over……especially when a kite goes bad. Twenty angry Hecks, warping around….Oh the destruction.

Anyway, so I get a offline tell from a couple new’ish players. Basically informing me one of my guildees are training hecks on them.

Of course I run out there on a alt and investigate… The coords place me right in the middle of the 3 most popular kiting areas. Craziness. And now the team that sent me tells, is directly in the path of another kite.. right in that vally north of the East/West teleporter.
    Even my 203 Crat gets smashed…and I likely gave stress to some poor NT, wishing I wasn’t there.

Guys, play smart..please :-)

What I 'd like to ask is this… to all other Guild leaders… What kinda craziness do you run into?

Whatever it is Typical, boring, retarded, ect.. Lets her it.

I think our guildees and even maybe FC, might be interested to hear what hard work we do, and get a good laugh.

P.S. No names, wanna keep thread going.
    Last edited by Fleat; Oct 31st, 2004 at 00:57:23.
    Comprehension : The knowledge that is acquired by the act of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

Katelin "Fleat" Tapanes-Musashi 216/16 ADV - Retired President of Coven of Hunters

Tastless 200+ NT
    Wilkes 208 Crat
    Fleaa 90 MA
    Squiggele 60 GA1 Fixer
    Denial 145Keeper
    Langsam 151 Doc

As a retired guild leader... this was one of my most aggrevating days back when...

Years ago before SL and AI, back when the Little D and Big D borg dungeons were popular, members of Harbingers of the Void and Nemesis just happened to be teamed together in the Big D. A guy from nemisis wanted to kick everyone that had low damage and replace them with higher damage dealers so he could get xp faster. The team lead and puller happened to be from Harbingers, and disagreed with him. Keep in mind that back then those Dungeons were 'the' place to get xp for lower lvl players... and crowds would stand around for hours waiting their turn. Anyways... they couldn't come to an agreement... so the other dude called in several friends and tried to 'reform' the team and kick everyone else out. The two guilds each refused to yield the dungeon... so both teams competed for the mobs and kept training each other. People got pissed, petitions were filed left and right, threats of tower wars were issued, various guild leaders were called, several arks responded, and the dungeon was shut down while the mess got sorted out.

Funny to look back on now... but the events are long forgotten and only useful as a comparison to show how little things have changed ingame over the years...
    Last edited by fixerspy; Nov 1st, 2004 at 09:26:10.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!
    Now Recruiting Players of All Levels and Expansions!
    Newbie & Noob & Froob Players Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by fixerspy
    As a retired guild leader... this was one of my most aggrevating days back when...

Years ago before SL and AI, back when the Little D and Big D borg dungeons were popular, members of Harbingers of the Void and Nemesis just happened to be teamed together in the Big D. A guy from nemisis wanted to kick everyone that had low damage and replace them with higher damage dealers so he could get xp faster. The team lead and puller happened to be from Harbingers, and disagreed with him. Keep in mind that back then those Dungeons were 'the' place to get xp for lower lvl players... and crowds would stand around for hours waiting their turn. Anyways... they couldn't come to an agreement... so the other dude called in several friends and tried to 'reform' the team and kick everyone else out. The two guilds each refused to yield the dungeon... so both teams competed for the mobs and kept training each other. People got pissed, petitions were filed left and right, threats of tower wars were issued, various guild leaders were called, several arks responded, and the dungeon was shut down while the mess got sorted out.

Funny to look back on now... but the events are long forgotten and only useful as a comparison to show how little things have changed ingame over the years...
    Gotta love clan attitude!
    In my whole AO history I have never ever heard anything like that in omni or neutral.
    What was that guild name once again?!
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

Hehe Vaalena gues you havent played long enouph or listen to what org leaders have to deal with i gues on all 3 sides of the fence.

My self i have been org leader and been playing the game sins for ever it feels like now. Could call me a living game historian for Rimor sort of sins i have been here day in day out with no break from the game.. anyway ...

Old stories hehe wow got loads of them realy question is where i should start hehe. So i wont ..

Anyway Org leaders unfortualy have to deal with alot of the crap that goes on out there. Alot of the times it is valid the complaints that comes across my own table but alot it is just people that did something stupid and want to accuse someone else then them self and their own stupidity.

Beeing a org leader takes thick hide on the nose and alot in the psycology skill. Or else you wont last long as it.

Many org leaders know me out there and so does alot of the players. Eather they hate my guts or they respect me or they fear me for what i have done over the years i have been around. Eather way it have been fun so far to be able to effect the litle man and the bigger masses so far in varius forms.

I gues that my own contribution to the Rimor dimention will last a while longer. So watch it out there hehe things have and will happen and hopefully we will have some fun on the way.

Sins i am clan i can only say it like this.

Clan will be victorius, down with the company opressors!!!!. Freedom!!!!!!

PS. Those aliens is just a enoying litle distraction from the main objective.
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe