Thread: About the published events

Rome939

About the published events

Just wondering if the story that is published on the web site and in game chat window is just fabricated? I know that they game says that it's in the players hands... Are these people real players? If not, how exactly do the actions of PC's affect the story line?

..they don't..it's all fabricated and players are at best 'extras'
    Welcome to "Anarchy Online"

Re: About the published events

Originally posted by Rome939
    Just wondering if the story that is published on the web site and in game chat window is just fabricated? I know that they game says that it's in the players hands... Are these people real players? If not, how exactly do the actions of PC's affect the story line?
    Heh, here we go again...

There's a general arc of the story that lasts 4 years. This, most likely, will not change.

Certain aspects of the story can and will change due to players actions. The recent accused assassins that stood on trial were in fact players that attempted to disrupt an in-game event.

The arc of the story wasn't changed, but the immediate situation has been altered and now different events will occur to bring it back on track.

I'll bring up an analogy with Babylon 5. Babylon 5 had a 5 year story arc. *B5 Spoilers if nobody's seen it.* It was supposedly supposed to end with Captain Sinclair becoming Valen at the end of season 5. (Rumored.)

After the first season, Michael O'hare, who played Captain Sinclair, decided he wanted to move on. So they replaced him with Sheridan, played by Bruce Boxleitner. He affected the immediate part of the story by leaving and having a new Captain come in, but the story arc remained the same. They just bumped up his becoming Valen into the middle of season 4. The Shadows still attacked, the Vorlons still were Vorlons, and the story remained the same, just with a different character.

That's kind of how I see AO. The story arc is there. The endgame will be reached in 4 years. We can affect the immediate part of the story, like the assassination attempt, but there are many people much bigger than any of us that are really pulling the strings. (Ross, Radiman, etc.) We will return to the "regularly scheduled" part of the arc very soon, if we have not already returned to it.
    Byron "Shorthack" Bannister
    Director of Public Relations
    Titan Mining, LLC

Well I was at the event, and people started attacking, I got killed.

Now if people shoot they cant say.....the meetng went well.
    A few of the people up front asked me what was my guild doing in formation.

Keeping the peace, protecting omni-tek.
    Then you see slayerdriods killing clanners so some reason *cough* So action had to be taken.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Well I was at the event, and people started attacking, I got killed.

Now if people shoot they cant say.....the meetng went well.
    A few of the people up front asked me what was my guild doing in formation.

Keeping the peace, protecting omni-tek.
    Then you see slayerdriods killing clanners so some reason *cough* So action had to be taken.
    I'm sorry to here you got killed cloudeh, especially since you were one of us who were not aggressively killing neutrals and clansmen at the meeting, while I was there. I left as the meeting was taken to Baboons... And wasn't there when you got attacked, or else if I could've I would've jumped in to back you.

General Eleetist
    DARC Ops
    Last edited by eleetist; Dec 10th, 2001 at 22:35:14.

That comforting to hear, thnx.
    /me thinks, new relations...hmmmm

anyway, what was most hard is.

When I got attacked, I wa so confused, too many people, whos getting attacked, who in my guild/team is getting attacked by.

By the time I find the target my guidly has killed the clanner or has been killed.