Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Solo leveling areas

thanks for all the trolling and bad comments..guss ill have to do this myself..thanks fellow NT.....
    for you like me wondering about the 140+ ill post the answer once i find it...

140+, kite Ely hecks if you're insisting on kiting, seriously. There really isn't anything in Adonis that gives comparable XP that you can kite, nor on RK, since RK mobs need to push into the 200+ range to give the same kind of XP as Ely hecks.

After that you can try the spirit room in pen or inferno, but at such a low level you're gonna get hit a lot and have your nano drained.

It is the same for most people, past Ely, team up. As an NT you'll benefit from keeping your equip top notch, decent imps and keep your nanos updated, so you can calm ado hecks and pack a semi decent punch with your nukes, either the top deck nuke (touch of the pyre once you can cast it) or lick/corruption of the pest, since you can drain chem AC from mobs already weak to chemical.

Ely hecks are the last good XP mob that you can outrange and thus kite. Everything else is just crap over time, time to team up.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Finally a decent post,thank you Hacre.

As for kiting..its not for my NT..i have alts...froob ones i want to level to 200...thats why kiting in RK intrests me.
    Have a trader for TS whos a total gimp only does TS and cant fight anything...

Guss belial and dyna camps 180+ should do the job...

Quote Originally Posted by Thethe View Post
    New question if i may fellow NT`s:

ive reached level 144..and rushed to get to adonis..was hard but made it.

Tried kiting whirling rocks...pawned from 500m away..DOH
    Tried kiting hecklers 210+ ... same results....

anyone know some nice kiting places in Adonis...mayby crockers or something?

going further up then adonis is not option as u get a ring only above 151...

so any guides where to kite would appricate....SL only ofcourse...except ghosts ..those suck my nano..not good.
    I thought the ergo ring was at 160?
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    I thought the ergo ring was at 160?
    To get into Pen?

It is.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

MY BAD...didnt know that u can only get ring when hiting level 161...

Now as ive reached Inferno i can advice...the advice i had to learn myself...Adonis isnt really suited for kiting NTs...there are some vortex and crockers u can kite but no nice areas for it..the whole area isnt built for it...so..if your a kiting NT just bypass adonis by kiting hecks..and borgs untill your 161...then head to pen and let the sweetness begin again...Pen was wonderfull .. full with kiting spots... only need to be carfull of dynas... theres alot of them and they are kite resistant and will easly pawn any kiter so stay away from them and youll level in no time...

areas great for kiting in Pen : frozen lakes...the ruins up north with koallans(be carfull of the ghosts there..they are dynas 2),temple ghosts are great if your carring some light real hard to see anything in there..the area south of the fortress exit is also full to the brim with mobs.....and the ghost hall up north..all viable options...hecks and voracious are as always unkitable
    now im in Inferno and kiting is easy..but mobs got tons of HP like fiery demons..looking for something better then Kels...will keep update if i find anything..Gl fellow kiters
    Last edited by Lorddarcek; Jul 8th, 2008 at 11:03:35.
    Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddarcek View Post

Now as ive reached Inferno i can advice...the advice i had to learn myself...Adonis isnt really suited for kiting NTs...there are some vortex and crockers u can kite but no nice areas for it..the whole area isnt built for it...so..if your a kiting NT just bypass adonis by kiting hecks..and borgs untill your 161...then head to pen and let the sweetness begin again...Pen was wonderfull .. full with kiting spots... only need to be carfull of dynas... theres alot of them and they are kite resistant and will easly pawn any kiter so stay away from them and youll level in no time...

areas great for kiting in Pen : frozen lakes...the ruins up north with koallans(be carfull of the ghosts there..they are dynas 2),temple ghosts are great if your carring some light real hard to see anything in there..the area south of the fortress exit is also full to the brim with mobs.....and the ghost hall up north..all viable options...hecks and voracious are as always unkitable
    now im in Inferno and kiting is easy..but mobs got tons of HP like fiery demons..looking for something better then Kels...will keep update if i find anything..Gl fellow kiters
    VE is better damage over time, if you've mastered stopping/nuking in the recharge time (and your runspeed is high enough).

Kels is a finisher. Inferno Spirit room is where its at.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddarcek View Post
    It is possible to do an access quest to prove to Ergo you mean business.
    This has no level locks afaik.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

is this your first Necro or are you a pro?

I like the topic - and was searching for nice places to solo. Didn't notice the date.
    Thread is recommended in a sticky, so it ain't that bad.

BTW: Thanks for the contribution - really nice info there.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

At the entrance to dark ruins there are 12 climbing creepers or something. For lvl 152 nt with decent gear they give 200k xp per kill and have way less hp than hecklers. Blinded they dont hit at all. The best part is that once they are killed all you need to do is to exit playfield and come back to have them spawned again.

UPDATE:
    Penumbra near portal from adonis; there are around 30-35 ice leets hidden at the border of portal isand. Each gives a bit over 200k xp for xp setuped character, easy to pull, almost harmless and gives you a nice impression of working as a pest control. They dont drop anything interesting unfortunately, even no insygnias.
    Last edited by Ciex; Jun 9th, 2011 at 10:01:39.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Bleh, even more kiting h8 in last patch.

Temple spirits were unnerfed, now they actually cast their dots and do it from long rage and those dots do land on a 220 nm nt with maxed nr and not as bad setup. Still kitable at lvl 220 but i wouldnt call it easy, lower levels, especially pre 2s HD may just forget about it. NR1 perk helps a bit, i counter a lot of those dots but with 50 spirits trying to cast its just on me most of the time. Maybe its time to perk NR2

Tip of the day is to turn off izi wealth as nano dot is set as nano / hp pool % (4% if i remember correcty) so its easier to keep casting abilities with lower nano dot ticks.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Would it be considered normal as a TL5 NT to have trouble kiting in the Inf spirit rooms? 1st problem - NR is hard to get high enough, at least without Notum Repulsor 1 (haven't tried yet). 2nd problem is confined space combined with low runspeed and lack of evades against normal hits? Just seems to me that a HoT, heals or tank would be necessary for me (my 167 NT).

[edited for spelling]
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Didn't they just add dots to pen and inf spirits?

I kited there when leveling. Around 160ish it was hard but doable. Reclaim pool was a familiar sight. I believe I was using things like ring of haste to boost my runspeed.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Yea the DoTs are a nuisance, which is why I hope to reach high enough NR to avoid them. Sounds like I might be needing some outside healing or tanking for it to go smoothly tho ^^
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678