Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solo leveling areas

Just want to confirm, that almost all of the locations are truely, amazing kitespots. Been checking them out, and I level faster than I can count

Just want to add, that at level 15-20, there're, in Newland Desert, a lot of spots, filled with 40-70 Rhinos at level 25ish. I level from 21 to 31 there.

And these spots can be found all over Newland Desert.
    Mr. Snowbound!
    Proud member of the evergrowing neutral org., The Union..
    You can find meh on Rk1 - Atlantean
    I'm a pimp, I can't be touched! NB: Pyro has a sexy voice, and I smell good.

Gonna have to tag this for my NT

Actually as far as kiting in Belial Forest, the city plots north of Hollow Island are good for kiting stinking scorpids. (You can also kite along the shore to the SE, but run into issues controlling them when you go through trees.) Kiting in the shallow lake right next to the scorpids doesn't seem to work as well.

In the lower 160s, each scorpid gives from 225-250K XP. The only problems are waiting for respawn, and higher level players trying to get scorpiod droppings for HI raids. Then again, I'm sure an NT could work out a deal with high-level players to exchange the droppings for buffs.

if you can cast volcanic eruption go to elysium on the bridge near nt kitting area and shoot the heck under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by labrutte
    if you can cast volcanic eruption go to elysium on the bridge near nt kitting area and shoot the heck under the bridge
    Does not work anymore.. mob pathing was "fixed" and hecklers warp up... at least that was what happened last I tried it after that patch sometime in 2003...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

i killed heck there few month ago, they come up only 1 time on 4-5 so if you die it's in pool and it's still good, just try to move to find the best place on the bridge

You still have another option in Elysiom.. on the left side of the bridge there is a fortress full of devourer of life and spiders.. Those are easily kitable, and give a fair amount of xp each. I leveled there from 90ish - 100, but I guess it's doable long time before that.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Testlive Medic

Quote Originally Posted by labrutte
    i killed heck there few month ago, they come up only 1 time on 4-5 so if you die it's in pool and it's still good, just try to move to find the best place on the bridge
    The problem isn't that occasionally they'll come up after you, the problem is unless you're in exactly the correct spot they'll run all over the playfield trying to find you.
    There are a few spots in the area where you can get them to run in reasonably small circles, but if you're not in one of those spots they'll go after pretty much everyone in the outer isles.

i make kittie on the Ely ehck at lvl 83.

just max Run Speed and Mat crea.

i use Isotope wave. it's take time and it's realy dificult, but i make it ^^

/tell Darkduck on RK2

115+ I went into sheol (yes..sheol) and cooked allot fo Rafters (NE from the portal in..short distance).

Made great xp..and was fun as hell. good for teaching Non-kiter tactics (I suppose you coudl try to kite..but the terrain and rocks make it more than difficult). Could hose down 7-10 at once after I was able to self cast Fleeting Immunity (I call that "sheol God mode").

After I get close to 120, moved on to kiling a few spiders around sheol..then the inevitable chimeras (those were fun..but good to have a healr..for they can snowball you nasty where they live).

So far ive found Sheol to be a great place for a aspiriong NT to solo at..and you have barely a worry about being called names for any kiting you might do, and lots fo open space to kill things and never see a soul hardly.

Sadley I hve easier time surviving solo in shadowlands than I do in Rk, (layers not nearly as effective in RK). BUT....I think ive killed only a handfull fo hecklers in my life as a nt....yes they were in ely..but teamed with one pther person..killing them one by one. *west side of ely is nice for that...they are spread out and not much compitition for them). Was mainly done to see how I matched up (I cant kite worth a ****..so ive never tried, nor care to)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Been killing in scheol at 91, it's a pain to get there but baits are not bad xp, haven't tried kiting though.

Also tried a dungeon north west from the zone in, less xp then outdoors but fun mobs where low 100's to 112, never wen't below first level though.
    Last edited by Sweede; Feb 7th, 2005 at 10:47:51.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Shade Camp

Shade Camp in PM NE of Clan outpost Versatilles Tower

I kited there for my first time and yes first time kiting. Lvl 64 casting barrage of fire, and what a lag fest there and about 90 FPS ouch on my new nvidia 5500 256 card c'mon load balance those damn servers. A city is right there so there is massive lag. However, I did find a spot there where it's not so laggy and I was able to pull 4 at a time without dying because of the lag. Yes, I died a few times because of the lag, but until I found the "sweet spot" I was doing very well. The XP was ok 4-10k a kill got one level in about 20 minutes. I heard there was a place just outside of harry's, if anyone know this place would be a nice addition and I am guessing the mob is around lvl 90.
    Proud AO Vet MONEY PLZ!!

*****sarduci Runs For Governor!!

*****sarduci 211 MP Equipment
    Sarduci 106 Trader
    Alfio 209 Doc Equipment
    Pauligatto 150 Fixer

i remember hunting borgs at 60-110ish in mort ....

they still a viable option ?

You cant kite at lower levels effectivley without speed....remember that or some half cocked NT will get fried......Speed is the key in kiting not really AOE oh nd it would be a good idea not to Kite Range attackers.
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Quote Originally Posted by ASIMPLENT
    nd it would be a good idea not to Kite Range attackers.
    It's really not an issue if you have a longer range. Cyborgs have guns, and at 160 I had no problems kiting them to get my cyborg token board.

Lower levels may have problems with speed though.

I get Offensive Steamroller and Grid Space Freedom when kiting on Rubi-Ka. OS gets Barrage of Fire or whatever AoE I'm using up to instant cast, and GSF...well I just like to run fast. I don't really need it, but after playing my high level characters Stringtheory seems so slooooooow....
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

A decent lil list....

Well here we go....

Friend made an NT after I showed him how to kite and we compiled a list of places to hunt. He took his NT from 1 - 100 in roughly 12 hours play time with these locations, but it is high risk without a run buff at all time. As he and I are both omni, the locations may not be accessible to clan.

1 - 6ish: Noob island. The sided armor is a must have for everyone, so hunt til you have that and a pair of shoulderpads. Then take on the bosses until you get your nano pack.... once aquired get outta that hole

7ish - 12: Harry's. Just outside the gates you will find level 8-10 robots. Not only can you level very quickly (as their run speed is pathetic) but you can also snag a piece for alvins now and again.

13 - 20ish: Random. This is a time when you have to take what you can get..... you now have access to a decent AoE and can start doing some serious damage... but there aren't too many open spots to work with. I stuck to the subway for this time, as with a healer you can AoE slum runners and gain Xp very quickly.

21 - 33: South West Mines! Get your blanket and a packed lunch, because you will be here a while. This area gives so much Xp so quickly it is amzing that it still exists. For a group it is a death trap, because of constant adds, but it is an NT paradise. expect to finish this level range in about 3 - 4 hours.

34 - 50: North West Mines! Yes! keep that Xp flowing! head a little up north from SW mines and there you are, another spawning ground of our favorite mobs: the mutants. Same tricks work here, but now you have more room to work with.... Watch out for lifebleeders though, at low levels they can kill you in 2 - 3 good hits.

50 - 80: Claws in Pleasant Meadows. Now for the fastest Xp you have seen to date. Spawn point of 10 level 80ish. 2 minute respawn timer. Die in 6 - 7 AoE's. You do the math

80 - 110ish: Belial Snakes. Now everyone should know about this location now. It can't be beat. On Rk 2 the player city owned by Yeah, Baby, Yeah! still has one large opening that I swear was left there for kiters. Grab as many as you can handle (which was 46 for me while I had someone in group count the damage messages) and swing outside the city to gather them up, and swing in after you pass the first building. This lets you avoid the roads where they get caught up, and keeps them nice and neat. The first kite you do at this location will most likely level you 1 - 2 times depending on how many you pulled. I leveled myself from 82 - 100 in 3 days, while leveling an entire group as well. My friend did 40 levels in one day.

Well... now I am sitting at 113 and not sure where to go. Borgs spawn too slow, and medusas area is too hilly for my liking. Guess I will be exploring and edit this post as needed. Hope I could help everyone.

Betablitz, 113 Atrox Nano-technician
    Applicant of I've Got Your Back
    Rimor
    Ikei, 100 nanomage Nano-Technician
    Unit Leader of Borhterhood of Steel
    Rimor

Just thought I'd add another one

There's a spot in Perpetual Wastelands (PW) with ~50 Sand Demons, somewhere around 2200 x 780. The mobs are ~100ish, with one or the other hidden eremite (~120). I believe it's impossible to get them all with a single AoE DoT, but a little disoriented running around with random DoT'ing seems to do the job just fine.

I took a few screenshots, as this was the first 'kiting' I ever did:

been there,
    done that (note the error messages ... )

A few notes:
    • This toon is not build for kiting, just in case you wonder ...
    • The practical use of this is close to ZERO, as (with lvl 131) I gained only VERY few xp from the green mobs ... and they don't drop anything useful either
    • Anyway, having played a melee class for 218 levels this was great fun to do
    • Note to self: Don't take screenshots while kiting! (I died from screenshot-lag while taking the second shot above)

All told, some good fun and well worth flying out into the middle of the desert.

... it just seems like I need to learn how to keep the kite together ...

Oh ... and ... yes, I first thought this might be a counterproductive post, but then again ... what do they want to do? Nerf NTs? It seems like FC isn't listening to their customers anyway, so I thought I might as well post something about one of the mid-level occasions I actually enjoyed very much.

Has anyone found nice kiting spots since the latest pathing fix to hecks?

Also is there any updates on what run speeds are needed for successful kites now?
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

Quote Originally Posted by _delphinus_
    I forget what level the claw camp is...but while kiting, can prolly loot a nice GA 1 GA2 and Nullity Sphere while ur at it

Delph
    delph, what claw camp are you refering to? The one in PM or another one elsewhere?

Thanks.
    Don't bother me right now, im still busy trying to figure out how to implement Nullity Sphere as a viable defensive strategy.......

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast