Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Rubi-ka under siege: News from the front**

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

**Rubi-ka under siege: News from the front**

Communications on, to and from Rubi-Ka restored!

In one deft, sweeping move, Unicorn Company forces acting on orders from Omni Prime last week disabled an alien nanowarfare frigate orbiting behind one of the Rubi-Kan moons, then proceeded to board it and completely disassemble its communications jamming devices. This strike restored full communications to Rubi-Ka, which has been in a veritable communications blackout since the alien attacks began over a month ago. Some sources report that Omni Prime is now using the disabled frigate to decrypt alien communications, though information of that nature has been dubbed "Top Secret" by Omni-Tek leadership.

Alien attacks reported throughout major cities Rubi-Ka!

Sources from all parts of Rubi-Ka are reporting that aliens have managed to break through major city defenses and wreck havok in the streets of these paragons of defense. Reports state that their attacks have been focused around transportation network systems such as Grid exits and Wompah terminals. Speaking only on the condition of anonymity, an Omni-Trans employee told one source that the aliens appear to have hacked in to the transportation networks and used these means of transportation to infiltrate the cities. Most reports state that the attacks were minor incidents, although several people have said that at least one massive battle raged in Omni-1, where a full invasion force led by an alien general emerged from the southern Wompah terminals and attacked everything in sight. Citizens of all major cities on Rubi-Ka are advised to be vigilant and report any su****ious activity to the nearest guard.

Impending martial law looms over Omni-Tek Cities!

Recent alien attacks have been growing more and more bold. In response to attacks on Rome and Omni-1 by aliens who reportedly managed to break in to the Omni-Trans network and hack wompah and grid systems, Omni-Tek has began to issue sanctions to impose martial law on the two cities. Thus far, all that is known about the proposal is that current Omni-Pol guards will be replaced by elite Omni-Tek Armed Forces soldiers in order to better protect the cities. Some insiders also report that rumors of barring neutral visitors and the possibility of a curfew are also being discussed, however both issues are unconfirmed. An Omni-Admin official is quoted as saying, "It's for our own safety."

Aliens keep striking, Rubi-Kan forces keep striking back!

The alien invasion force seems to be on a full head of steam just over one month after the initial attacks on Rubi-Kan soil. There seems to be no stopping the invasions, but brave fighters from all over Rubi-Ka are continually repelling them on all fronts. Battle commanders from all sides say that the fight is tough, but that protection of the homeland is now a priority over what one Omni-Tek Organization Leader states are "petty territorial squabbles."

Official press release from ICC promises more soldiers!

In a public press release and an official transmission to the leaders of Rubi-Ka's neutral city governments, the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations pledged to send more of their own elite soldiers to help neutral and other Rubi-Kan citizens repel the alien threat. Sentinal leader Simon Silverstone dismissed the offer as "completely unnecessary," while Omni-Tek and Neutral leadership both agree that more fighters for the effort are welcome.

Clan forces unite to repel the alien threat!

Most of the major Clans have united in the northern territories, coming together to defend fledgling Clan cities in unison from the relentless alien attacks. Many outside observers have described the cooperation between even the most fundamentalist Clans as surprising, but Clan leaders are stating in cooperative press releases that now is the time to reunite and re-forge the alliances that made the Clans successful in the first place.

JAME calls upon all scientists and researches to unite!

In a move that goes against their usual Pro-Omni-Tek stances, JAME has sent communications out to well-known scientists and research teams throughout Rubi-Ka, including Clan, Omni-Tek and Neutral officials. In their broadcast transmission, the JAME scientists say that only with complete cooperation amongst the research teams of all sides, can Rubi-Ka truly be called united against the efforts to hinder the alien attacks. JAME is currently researching ways to decrypt alien communications to better predict and prepare for impending attacks.

Outlying settlements ravaged by the alien menace!

upon the restoration of communications, Rubi-Kan communications arrays in the major cities once again started recieving transmissions from outlying settlements on the fringes of habital territory. These transmissions tell of atroceities and sheer slaughter dispensed by the alien invasions on the defensless outlying settlements. Several search and rescue teams dispatched to the sites report that not one survivor was left behind and that any building that isn't completely decimated has been thouroughly searched and stripped of information, which could reveal the locations and defense systems of other settlements. City leaders are advised to be vigilant in their defense.

Finally a message for our brave fighters:

I have a new batch of leet fur gloves..I repeat, I have a new batch of leet fur gloves.

John has a big moustache...I repeat, John has a big Moustache.

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain...I repeat, The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Oct 18th, 2004 at 22:09:34.

Congratulations to the brave Unicorns!!
    You have with your bravery and sacrifise set an example for us down here on RubiKa. Know that your heroic deeds are copied every day here on the surface. The ones who doubted you once are now looking up to the stars in awe wondering what heroic efforts you will undertake next.

The aliens have changed and improved theyre tactics.
    Not surprising. Our mayor cities wont fall. Not as long as we continue to fight with the vigor we have showed since day one.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

(( OT Armed Forces Assault Pack

OT Armed Forces Training Helmet

Maybe they corrected the lack of "T" with those? ))
    Last edited by Tussa; Oct 18th, 2004 at 21:28:10.

Finally news! This is the best info since before the invasion. I had begun to think our leaders and the rest of the galaxy had abadoned us. Now I know that not to be the case. I wonder if the aliens are attacking other planets?

((this is great to finally have news. I like the explanation of why there hasn't been any for awhile also. Sounds like there are hints to future patches to.))

((wow, great article...finally, something happening! Thank you! ))

((Very cool, I like. ))
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Impending martial law looms over Omni-Tek Cities!

Recent alien attacks have been growing more and more bold. In response to attacks on Rome and Omni-1 by aliens who reportedly managed to break in to the Omni-Trans network and hack wompah and grid systems, Omni-Tek has began to issue sanctions to impose martial law on the two cities. Thus far, all that is known about the proposal is that current Omni-Pol guards will be replaced by elite Omni-Tek Armed Forces soldiers in order to better protect the cities. Some insiders also report that rumors of barring neutral visitors and the possibility of a curfew are also being discussed, however both issues are unconfirmed. An Omni-Admin official is quoted as saying, "It's for our own safety."
    It is imperative that the Neutrals are not barred from visiting Omni-1 and other excellent Omni-Tek cities. The Neutral community and Omni-Tek Employees have shared a longstanding cooperation in efforts to help improve Rubi-Ka. Their contribution deserve recognition and it is strongly urged that the martial law to allow Neutrals continued access to these Omni facilities.

I will do all that I can to check into these rumors.

Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I second Administrators Huston's point. It the Kry'Orch that are the threat, not the Neutral community. If anything this crisis should encourage cooperation.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I agree with Kithrak and Savoy. After all this news was brought by IRRK and shows great admiration of OT and total lack of understanding about Clans. There isn't any secret on whose payroll neutrals are (at least mayority), so it's utterly strange that OT restricts employee movement.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I am disgusted at the atrocities appearing in Rome now. Is no where safe to sit anymore.

Teh Bench(tm) was mutilated and those around enjoying the peace, rest and company were torn to shreds.

Where were the guards?

Where were the troops to protect us?

Omni Protects! Yeh, of course it does.

This could and should have been predicted and more safe guards placed on the mass transit systems. What next? Invasions into the medical facilities? Decimation of the Notum Silo's?

Until further notice, Fw has vacated Teh Bench. If his friends and company cannot be protected, he will not stay where he is not wanted.

{Written on behalf of Fw}

Fwjr
    Rome

Thus far, all that is known about the proposal is that current Omni-Pol guards will be replaced by elite Omni-Tek Armed Forces soldiers in order to better protect the cities. Some insiders also report that rumors of barring neutral visitors and the possibility of a curfew are also being discussed, however both issues are unconfirmed.
    In a public press release and an official transmission to the leaders of Rubi-Ka's neutral city governments, the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations pledged to send more of their own elite soldiers to help neutral and other Rubi-Kan citizens repel the alien threat. Sentinal leader Simon Silverstone dismissed the offer as "completely unnecessary," while Omni-Tek and Neutral leadership both agree that more fighters for the effort are welcome.
    Either the insiders are wrong, or Omni-education needs to raise standards for teaching logic, because these just don't add up.

Great, now how about sharing some of that decryption with Omni Guilds so we can assist in defense operations. We appreciate the Unicorns doing what they did - but my orgmates and I are the ones dying on Omni-1.

If we can somehow use their own technology to jam their Whom-pah operations - we can shut down their attacks in mid attack, thus stranding their attack forces and annihilating them on the spot.

Graan
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Finally a message for our brave fighters:

I have a new batch of leet fur gloves..I repeat, I have a new batch of leet fur gloves.

John has a big moustache...I repeat, John has a big Moustache.

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain...I repeat, The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain
    While this is obviously some sort of encoded message, I can't help but wonder whether it's to the general public of Rubi-Ka or whether it's to a specific minority (such as our friends of debatable intent, the Unicorns). Regardless of target audience, what does it mean? Although, the fact that it is encoded would suggest to me that it would be targeted towards perhaps a single department/clan or group of departments/clans that were waiting on this code signal to act.

That is precisely what those cryptic statements are. Old Earth historical records refer to these code phrases quite a lot, but the majority of these are found in the historical accounts of their Second World War.

Resistance fighters would often be organized in cellular fashion and mass communication was impossible for various reasons, security being first and foremost. The Maqui and other brave rebels of that era used to be able to key in on certain words in each code phrase to determine their activities. A listing of regions, targets and actions would be predetermined and memorized, and then they would listen to the "Radio Free" channels for their own locations. This would then give them a preset mission to do. For example, "The Rain in Spain falls mainly in the Plain" would give the three necessary elements for commando or sabotage operations. On the European peninsula, Rain might refer to the resistance units operating in the Alsace region of France, Spain might refer to German rail, and Plain might refer to sabotage. Meaning that all resistance units in that region would be asked to go out and destroy rail lines throughout the region because vital resupply might be coming through and would need delayed or stopped completely if possible. There are endless possibilities here, and no specialized communications or cryptographic devices would be needed, making it ideal for small cells of organized resistance fighters.

It's nice to see that some things never change and that what was effective even as far back as this can still be used to our benefit. A link to the past is always welcome and the more I see it, the more I have hope for us all.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    I agree with Kithrak and Savoy. After all this news was brought by IRRK and shows great admiration of OT and total lack of understanding about Clans. There isn't any secret on whose payroll neutrals are (at least mayority), so it's utterly strange that OT restricts employee movement.
    I'd like to address this point before i say anything else. Perhaps the reason Neutrals are closer to Omni-Tek than the clans is because we dont kill neutrals who wander into our cities, If i was a neut who got blasted back to reclaim by Mr.Silverstone and his associates perhaps i would feel a little sore towards the clans too.

Now, down to buisness: While i am as pleased as anyone to hear of Unicorn company's success in capturing the nanowarfare Frigate and restoring communications across RK i hesitate to join in the celebration because i remember all too well what Unicorn company were doing before the invasion.

It was they remember, who kidnapped the Reporter Kemlyan Jakos and subsequently brutally executed him with a perma-kill weapon and before anyone questions how i know this, I was there with the Sentinel-led Taskforce (which comprised citizens of all factions) who attempted to rescue Kemlyan.

I still remember watching the Unicorn commander torturing Kemlyan even while we fought his subordinates, that man was not just doing his duty, he was enjoying every second of it.

Furthermore shortly before the invasion a young friend of mine was witness to an ICC reporter, accompanied by an Omni Prime executive and flanked by unicorn company guards interviewing neutral citizens in borealis and basically fishing for any bad feeling he could drum up against Phillip Ross. This was shortly before Ross was Recalled to Omni Prime.

These events and others tell me that Unicorn Company is following the agenda of Omni Prime and the welfare of the citizens of Rubi-ka is far from their prime concern, I feel ICC are involved in this too and though i never thought i'd say such a thing i feel i have to agree with Simon Silverstone that elite ICC troops landing on Rubi-ka is far from a good thing.
    Last edited by Neista; Oct 23rd, 2004 at 17:09:06.

Neista your point on Mr.Silverstone may be accurate. He posess as much political tact as OT. Additional thorn might be now already late Warr and merc in Newland.

Another good point is on Unicorns. The death of Kemlyan Jakos didn't prevent aliens landing, only use it had was too keep mayority of population in the dark, thus unprepeared for Invasion. They still seem to follow their own agenga, which doesn't have anything to do with Rubi-Ka. How else could they have treaten to nuke any city regardless of side?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Thoes dirty Unicorns are going to keep vital information from us i know it. Who's side are they on anyhow! It disgusts me to see Citizens of Rubi-ka hiding under them asking for their protection. Also we dont need the ICC coming in here taking back our planet saying it not safe. We dont need their help.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Seems to me some people have a hard time accepting that the Unicorns might have done us the biggest favour yet since the aliens attacked.
    Its true that they (Omni-Prime,MrRoss) hid the knowledge of an invasion for us citizens but can you honestly say you wouldnt have done the same thing?
    Can you imagine the scenery should we have learned of it,say , three days earlier?

Theres no one hiding behind the other in this war Kranden. Either we stand beside eachother all. Or we fall together all.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Ive seen what thoes Aliens can do and im not impressed by thoes scum. Also the ICC is just looking for more reason to take control of Rubi-ka.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

We all knew that something was coming with those ships that crashed. We didn't know what would be in them, at least not here on Rubi-Ka. Given the information we have since gleaned from our lovely gal outside of Reet's, we find that the Unicraps have known about the Aliens for some time now. They didn't exactly help us in being more prepared for their onslaught.

But it hasn't been much of an onslaught, has it? The new attacks we have seen in cities suggests they have new strategies in mind. It is akin to terror attacks, but even here we are eventually overcoming them. We seem to do quite well in repelling their attacks. But we have not been able to do much about stopping them.

The Unicorns have done things out of their own self-interest that just happen to have beneficial side-effects to those of us that actually live here. But I'm not about to give them props because of what they are doing now. It's just convenient to me and mine.

I'm plenty impressed by their powers. There are few of them I could easily defeat single-handed. It's only by our organization in battle that allows us to succeed. We are far more flexible and the more technology we take from them, the better we will become at repelling them.

We still have not answered the burning question yet. Why? Why are they here? What did we do to them that is so devestating that they had no choice but to come at us from many worlds away and try to wipe us out. The why is always the most important thing to figure out in any war. Figure out why they attacked us, and we can perhaps repair it. If it is too late to fix it, we can use this knowledge to hurt them even more.

I'm betting that the Unicorns know why.
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast