Thread: A First Class Resort

A First Class Resort

Memorandum: Omni-Tek HQ

To: Arcanegel

Run time: 8 Hours
    Encounter: 15-20

Hostile Environment

Growing threat of clan advancement into the Lush Fields Resort, first 4 floors comprimised.

Omni-Pol engaged, recruit and remove threat.

Nominal Fee.

-Exec 952

end.

"Paook? pick up i know you're there..."

"Look man, we've got 8 hours on this..."

"Damnit man ok my Yalm's in the shop with Duster, I need you to pick me up and ..."

A small click of the open com's line crackled in.

"I figured, I'll be there in 15 minutes, do I need to pick anyone else up?"

"Ya, uh, Grizzliadams will need a lift...and i think Secadanius will"

" No, no, no" a few muttered words, "she's a damn Fixer she can take the grid, I ain't drivin 10 minutes out when she can get there in 5."

"Allright, Allright, grab Griz and Thorn then and swing by, and hurry." a moment passes, " Oh, hey man....uh.."

"what now?

"Bring your gun."

*************************2************************ **

The pale green glow of the Low Light scope illuminated the skyline. Stars of white became globes of green. The normally active courtyard of the Lush Resort was calm and empty. Carbon blasting and pitch etched the street and some of the walls on the Resort's main building. The normally placed Patrolling Guard lay face down in the shallow pool, partially clad in Elite Omni Armor, his weapon missing.

A small electric whir preceeded the infrared screening of Arcangel's Heads Up Display. The guards body lie dark and stiff, small amounts of heat still swirled in a reddish gleam around his armor. The nanobots had not yet fully died off. After scanning the courtyard, the Agent looked back to his assembled team.

"Noboy else out here, the Guards dead, his Nova is gone. The memo was sent almost 24 minutes ago, id say we have more than the first 4 floors to worry about, not to mention sniper fire as soon as we try to cross to the entrance." Arcangel made motions with his hands as he spoke.

As he surveyed the roof with binoculars, a crunching noise arose behind him. Turning, the black-clad Agent noticed, along with the rest of the team, Deritus nonchalantly chewing a Bronto burger. Raising its large droopy blue eyes, it stopped and stared at the crew.

"what?"

The female fixer lightly chuckled, bringing her hand to her mouth to quiet herself.

Paook shook his head while lightly sayin, "Do you ever stop eating? I mean with technology in all its splendor, it's no doubt half that building knows you're here from all that slurping and munching..." He scrathced his head, " and why the hell didn't you eat before we got here?"

After a small pause the Atrox said lightly, "I did."

"For the love of...put it away! We are kinda in the middle of something, put down the sandwhich and pick up your weapon you simple minded..." Paook cut his comment short knowing even though they were considered friends, the Atrox could easily rip his small nano form in half with one finger.

"Fine..." Deritus shoved the half eaten burger in his pocket, picked up his large assault rifle, and hunched against the wall clearly hurt.

Arcanegel peered over his right shoulder, "Paook, were you able to get ahold of the doc?"

"You think on this short of a notice I could get us a doc?"

"Figures...can never get a Doc when you need one, well Griz and Dragon can patch us up in any tight spots, Rec can give us some HOT's, lets get locked and loaded boys and girls, we are running outa time."

************************3************************* **

(gotta head home, if anyone thinks this is worth reading more, let me know here...if not hope you enjoyed the first part lol )

Great read!

[OOC: That was a great read! I really enjoy your writing. Wonderfully descriptive. Keep it up, please! *reads it again* Yup, definitely post more, please. Be well.]
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Very nice. I'd like to read the rest.

more

The team warily crossed the courtyard, scanning with weapons drawn up the buildings, and their suroundings. Deritus slung his weapon loosely on his shoulder, obviously still reeling from being shouted at earlier. Darkness had fully set in, no shadows danced on the pavement as they passed.

The main hanger door to the resort lie slightly ajar, the motors jammed open. Great indentations were pounded in the metal as if it was bashed in by a heavy blunt object, possibly a large sledgehammer, which seemed to be the weapon of choice for many Atrox nowaday. The Agent, Fixer, Soldier, Nano-Technician, Enforcer, and Bueracrat crept through the entrance to the main hall, avoiding the jutted metal as they passed.

The main hall was adorned with several doors leading in all directions, the main room seemed empty. It was a remarkably simple room for the Lush Resort, only a few chests sat on floor, cold and lifeless, much like the atmosphere in the building. No guests wandered the halls, no music soothed over the intercom, and no employees answered to the call of their customers. This place was a tomb.

Arcangel looked back at Paook and nodded, the tattooed Nanobreed began weaving a light show of nanobots, infusing them into the tissue of his team mates. The rest of the group did the same. Clips were loaded into weapons, equipment was checked, and everyone made sure the proper healing tools were in order...it looked to be a long night.

The Atrox began walking, almost childlike, toward one of the doors close to them, as he approached, the sensors opened the door with a quick rush of air and an unsuspecting clan Bioengineer walked through to the main hall. He brandished a small shield around his left arm, a small trinket in his other. He was looking at the floor and quickly looked up as he almost ran straight into the large soldier standing before him. A small unheard mumble escaped his lips as he started to turn back to run. As he did, the dark-clad Agent emerged from the shadows of the doorway and fired one silenced shot, aimed at the Engineers head. His eyes widened a a nickel sized whole appeared on his forehead, blood sprayed against the Soldiers armor in an almost painting like style. With a quiet thud, the body fell to the floor, limp and unmoving.

Deritus quickly grabbed toward his eye and grumbled in pain.
    "ooowwwwwww"

Paook ran to the large creature, " Are you hit? what is wrong?"

" I got blood in my eye, " it moaned.

The tech sighed slightly and let out a small sharp toothed grin, "If this is going to be a problem...put on your sunglasses, least then you can waste them in style."

The small female form behind again raised her hand to silence her laugh. Although racially created small and fast, this particular young lady had a notorius ability to laugh like a bronto on a rampage, typically uncommon for the Opifex breed. The Atrox peered back at her and also raised a large open mouthed smile. Slowly reaching into its pocket, Deritus pulled his smashed and half-eaten burger and munched it down before any objections could be raised. He looked back to Paook and said with a full mouth, " guess it don't matter now, the little one is louder than the alarms in this place."

It continued chewing, making the same sloppy sounds as it choked the burger down in an echoing gulp, smiling at the nanotech the whole time. Knowing words were futile at this point, Paook only grinned back to the crat who was tinkering some final tuning on his Droid Assisstant, which he called Robo. He explained his liking for an ealry 20th Century film from which he took the name.

Once again the team was ready, and began down the dimly lit hallway the last clanner had walked out of. Deritus, now back to form, stepped through the next doorwar into a medical lab. The rest of the team waited behind, watching the large frame as it raised the large weapon and discharged a burst towards an unseen enemy. Backing away from the door toward the others, weapons raised as they watched 3 clan members come rushing through the door, one with a large energy blast wound across his chest.

Arcanegel shouted, " ALL ON ONE, LETS GO TO WORK!"

((I like it! Feel free to carry on))
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision