Thread: Umm now can you install about 5 more slots on my hot bar?

Umm now can you install about 5 more slots on my hot bar?

In light of recent changes to the Trader healing I'd like to request 5 more slots on my hot bar. My hot bar before the last patch:

1) Treatment kit
    2) Nano kit
    3) Divest
    4) Plunder
    5) Small team heal (castable with no deprive or ransack)
    6) Larger team heal (castable with deprive)
    7) Single heal (castable without deprive)
    8) Distract spell (calm, mezmerize, whatever you want to call it)
    9) Area root spell
    10) Follow macro

The team heals could be cast every 4 secs or so. They had somewhere around 3.6 sec delay and practically instant casting due to my high NanoC Init. I needed two different team heals: one for cases where I had divest cast already and one for when I did not. Divest only lasts 3 mins so its quite often that I would find myself without it, so I didn't really have much choice in the matter of having two team heal spells. I didn't have two single heal spells because the higher level single heal spell for traders does not heal more than my higher level team heal spell (the lower single heal does heal more than my lower team spell).

The new hotbar to accomplish the same thing (well almost, the healing will still be quite a bit inferior to previous levels even if I can do all this):

1) Treatment kit
    2) Nano kit
    3) Firstaid kit - added since I do so much damage to myself
    4) Divest
    5) Plunder
    6) Team heal 1 (castable without divest) - microscopic
    7) Team heal 2 (castable without divest) - tiny
    8) Team heal 3 (castable without divest) - small
    9) Team heal 4 (castable without divest) - medium
    10) Team heal 5 (castable with divest) - large
    11) Team heal 6 (castable with divest and plunder) - jumbo
    12) Single heal spell (castable without divest)
    13) Distract spell
    14) Area root spell
    15) Follow macro

Any individual team heal can be cast only once every 15 seconds instead of once every 4 seconds like before, so I need 4 different heal spells to heal during that time. I need four team heal spells to cover that 15 seconds in case I haven't had a chance to deprive, then I need another set of healing spells for when I have deprived, but heal 3 and 4 can be shared between the two sets. I had to throw in a firstaid kit too because I'd clearly die with 4 DOTs on me without more healing than my treatment kit can provide.

It can be seen that 15 hot bar slots are required. Please install 5 more. Thanks.

We should be able to expand our macro bar with a click and drag (both vertically and horizontally).

I have 1.5 bars full of combat nanos.
    0.5 of a macro bar filled with abilities and items.
    2 macro bars filled with chat macros for use in battle (which I never use because it takes too long to switch between bars).
    1 Bar dedicated to MP pets and commands when I am in that form.

I would REALLY like if I could stretch the macro bar so that it can hold about 30 macro's.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; Jun 28th, 2002 at 20:09:12.

Bump that
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Just noticed that the delay on the heal is more like 10 secs instead of 15, so I'll change the request to 3 more slots since I can drop one for each team heal set.

HI there,

Although its a nice suggestion, you do realise that pressing shift and number 1-10 will select other hotbars. It might take a little dancing with your fingers during a fight, but...you'll get used to it.

Originally posted by Fellowman
    HI there,

Although its a nice suggestion, you do realise that pressing shift and number 1-10 will select other hotbars. It might take a little dancing with your fingers during a fight, but...you'll get used to it.
    I'm aware of that, but that isn't an acceptable altenative.

Shuffling between macro bars looking for the right command/nano/chat for the situation could get me killed.

Just curious here as to which keys you propose actually trigger the expanded hotbar functions?

`-= could be three I guess.

The ` - and = keys would work for my keyboard.

I'd rather they actually make it not take 5+ spells to do one task such as casting team healing in a group. However, when it took only 3 spells it apparently was too easy. That's what they tell me at least.

All the spells on my hot bar need to be ready immediately, so hitting shift-2 or whatever is not an adequate solution. That would only be an adequate solution for buffs that last a minimum of at least 15 minutes or so, which you will notice I had none of on my bar. In fact the only combat buffs that traders have that last longer than 3 mins that I know of are the +damage buffs which I dont cast because no one ever asks for them or has the ncu available to use them. I need 5 times as many slots to cast team heals as a doctor/ma/adv does now. How do I fit them all on there? The only answer I have is to add more slots.

We won't get it but bump anyway.

Hmm, you're fighting without assist macro?
    postcount++

Yep, no assist macro. I've got no space for an assist macro. I tab till I see one that's damaged then I attack it. Not the fastest or most efficient way, but I am always primarily a healer in my groups anyway so I don't really need to get too quick with the gun since that might bring the aggro on myself.

I made a new char the other day and I noticed that Funcom has some premade hot bars now. They have Attack (Q) and Sit (X) on them. Not sure how they think newbies are going to be able to function if they actually get into the habit of having those things on the hot bar. The things that a newbie needs on the hot bar, namely their spells, treament kit, and firstaid are not there.

Red face Grrrr

THEY ARE NOT SPELLS!!! THEY ARE NANOS!!!

If you want spells go waste time in EQ or DAoC....

That said... I do agree with the OPTION of adding more macros to the bar.... and ya dont necisarily have to have them mapped to a key.... I know alot of players that dont use the keybord fer em anyway... just right-click em.... (Shift+# isnt that hard btw.....)
    --- Chubula - NT - Atlantean

Shift-# is very hard to manage. I have to use Shift-2 to switch to my "deprive bar" which has 5 divest/plunder spells which I stack occasionally to cast large team or single wrangles (which consume the rest of the bar). Invariably when I am switching between that bar and the healing bar in the middle of battles I eventually end up depriving myself instead of team healing (since the deprives are on the key that I use to heal in the shift-2 setting) in a reflex reaction when something attacks suddenly. If that happens when healing is really needed, the person is going to die because I can't heal very well for 3 mins after I deprive myself. I know how poorly it works from experience trying to use that method.
    Last edited by Nianna; Jul 2nd, 2002 at 08:05:53.

Talking Inventory may help...

Im not a Trader so my bars dont resemble yours, but I still like having more than 10 things at my finger tips. I leave my inventory open all the time and place it right next to my hotbar. That can give ya 2-3 more hotkeys with your set up. Just use the kits directly from the inventory. I use even more from inven : shield , boost stim , lockpick , aggro enhancher , bracer...

I understand that you want your old setup back, but Im not FC so I just suggest what works for me =)

Hope it helps and good luck!

1) Aimmed shot
    2) Fling
    3) Burst
    4) FA
    5) x-3 rifle (for switching guns)
    6) Westinghouse (for switching guns)
    7) TMS10
    8) OMHH
    9) Nano pack
    10) Treatment pack

I'd jsut kill for - and = to be usuable so i could stick stims on there. (Also have 12 buffing nanos, to have them all on one bar would be nice)

/me rememebrs the good ol' days of diablo2 where you has the ability to assign 12 things to whatever keys you wanted. 24 in the expantion. If blizzard could do itim sure FC can.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

I do use my lockpick from my inventory, but using treatment, nano, or firstaid kits from inventory would be quite dangerous since the mouse gets extremely laggy when there is a lot of action going on. As a trader I have to heal and nano up in the middle of battle and with no delay. If I can't sit and heal almost instantly when its time, my DOTs will outrun my hit point bar causing my demise. Trader heals and deprive/ransack are very costly nano-wise, so I run out of nano extremely quick and without the ability to sit and recharge in the middle of battle very quickly I can't keep up with the nano energy requirements and people get killed.