Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow Rifts are Cool and stuff

Did you even read the that article on the story?

Yeah I read the damn article, but ****com is full of BS like usual. All this mystical/fantasy crap shouldnt be the centerpiece of the game/storyline. If they wrote that article on day 1 then I wouldnt be so pissed off about it. Even ****com admitted that theyre drastically changing the game from what it first was.

In thier own words: "Anarchy no more!"
    Enjoy Anarchy Online while it lasts, when shadowlands comes out, it will be gone.
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Aug 6th, 2002 at 04:18:27.

Rift of the Eagle

I found one of these a while back and it gave +310 to all evades and +121 to Def modifier. The thing I didn't understand is while I had this effect on all my evades were way up so I didn't get hit, but I was shooting at an amazing rate. I use a Home defender which is a fairly slow gun and I was shooting once per second at least and maybe faster. As soon as the rift wore off I went back to normal firing rate. I really mowed down some mobs durning the 3 minutes.

The name maybe wrong as I found several lately.
    Adyra - Lvl 203 Clan Trader
    Zaphrous - Lvl 108 Clan Engineer

Rifts are definately cool to have in game.

My favorite is the +91% EXP one followed by the super speed buff.

Make sure you have 1 NCU open to use it !! Not bad for a 1 NCU buff!
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Originally posted by Gollum
    Uhh...did you check your NCU? The rifts don't generate an item, they run a nano program.
    I did, but I didnt have any NCU free. I kinda figured they would work like a hostile nano..... Now I know differently

When they first came out, there was a bug where they would have things in them like a chest :-) They fixed that though :-(

Originally posted by mrmonty
    I havent noticed any messages or NCU effects when i use these shrines.
    You dont get any messages or NCU effects (which is why people dont think they work). They only work if you have free NCU space (they all only seem to use 1 NCU and last 3 mins) but if you go into 3rd person view you'll usually see a big ball of light over your head. It also appear that you can only have 1 rift running on you at a time regardless of how much NCU free you have

Originally posted by Mirdok
    Make sure you have yourself selected when you open the Rift.
    Pretty certain that isnt neccessary since I almost always have the rift targetted....
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

By the way, the effects of the shadow rifts are not stackable. I had a mission where there were multiple rifts. I thought *hmm cool I'll stack the 2 of these together*....no luck, you loose the first one as soon as you touch the second.

Re: List of Rifts

Originally posted by Mirdok
    Shadow Rift of the Bear - adds damage
    Shadow Rift of the Eagle - gives an evades bonus
    Shadow Rift of the Firefly - gives a nano HoT like HE but faster
    Shadow Rift of the Frog - gives damage shield
    Shadow Rift of the Phoenix - gives a HoT
    Shadow Rift of the Spirits - gives an +xp% bonus
    Shadow Rift of the Wolf - adds to inits and run speed
    My additions in italics - might have wolf and eagle wrong way round, but don't think so...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12