Thread: Uninvited Mission Visitor

Exclamation Uninvited Mission Visitor

This is by far the weirdest bug I have ever come across. I was running a solo mission a ways out in Stret West Bank with my lvl 57 MA, and I was about 75% complete when I see an immediate area chat message saying "hello." (Previously I had noticed a floating white dot between walls, but could not spot anything) so this mysterious floating white dot shows up behind me in the form of a lvl 6 omni MA.

So, I gather myself back together, and ask him how he got in. "front door." I petition, but I already knew that was futile. what's an ARK gonna say? "Wow, that some whacked out bug <port lvl 6 omni>" I tell the wee one to stay close and not get hurt unless he ~wants~ to leave. He decides to stay close, and a mob spits on him and he's toast. That's pretty much the end of that, little guy gone, and he's extremely apologetic for some reason ::shrug:: I'm not really sure if it's possible that he braved the mobs around the mission area to be able to get there.

Is it possible that the uniqueness of my mission key was not so unique?

I know there has been things like this hapening, as far as I remember very rarely and long long time ago - two people in the same solo mission by accident. Did you make a bug report? If this thing is happening again it's not at all good.

Will have to report the bug tonight. It is indeed not good

Yes, this actually used to happen to me all the time, but it *was* very long ago - just prior to and after release. I also hope it isn't back .

Confused omni

The otherday we were having a guild leader meeting in a Apt and all of a sudden 1 loan omni-pol soldier warps into the meeting very confused, he is warp into a room where there are alot of high level clanners he had no clue how he got there either and he ran off it was really funny.

I'm thinking the little guy had an old mission key. One to a zone number that the server had recycled, but one to a zone door that he could reach.

I've been known to re-log after a mission had timed out, (I had to go to work, or some-such), and find that, since I camped in the mission area, I was still in the mission area. I've even noticed that I could still have a key, and presumably let myself back in, when I camped outside.

Of course, this was 6-9 months ago. I don't know if I could still do that.

Also, this is purely speculation.