Thread: where is shopbot et al

Question where is shopbot et al

I assume shopbot, neutbot, omnibot and co are not FC creations, but where did they go?

they well very useful to find stuff needed.

I hope they return soon (or FC creates a reasonable way to sell stuff rather than shouting, or posting on the exchange forum)

As a neutral I don't have access to OT or clan shopping channels so it is very hard work finding people with nanos I want to buy.

Shopbots did this job fairly well ( though an auction booth where the transaction could take place without both people being online would be better)

They were all player run...and most likely hosted on a private server. A lot of things can happen to a priv server if the owner is away... like a power outage.

Personally I miss helpbot the most... I like the whois service

Lets hope the owner restarts them soon.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Helpbot is still around, its great for seing what levels you can team with
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

yep helpbot is great.

You'd think FC would see shopbot and think "yes this is a good idea, lets implement it ourselves"

They think that an exchange page on the forums is a reasonable way to get people to sell to each other?

Make an auction booth, or some sort of trading system!

Originally posted by Seid
    They were all player run...and most likely hosted on a private server. A lot of things can happen to a priv server if the owner is away... like a power outage.
    Or the owner may have cancelled their subscription .