Thread: Proactive Armor, what shares the Model/skin?

Proactive Armor, what shares the Model/skin?

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=252012

is the body of it... through some very fortunate grouping, and generous orgmates... I was able to get the Body, Pants, helmet and gloves...

seems to be a rather unusual set, as I don't think I've *EVER* seen it before, and asthetics in mind... I'm looking for alternatives (aside from getting the REST of the set... which would be great of course) and I'm wondering what else might use the same model, as it seems unusual.

for those who haven't seen it...

http://www.geocities.com/ao_riverwalker/FrontFull.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/ao_riverwalker/RearSide.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/ao_riverwalker/CloseUpper.jpg

the sleeves and boots are Engie first tier.

ok, so this is a LITTLE bit of a "look at my nifty stuff and good luck", but also wondeirng if this model/skin is used in anything else, best ideas I've had suggested are alien armors... what color is arithmetic?

oh, and other than notums, any ideas on what might be a good back armor to go with it? the albrecht I have clashes atrociously(took it off for those obviously, but you can imagine why it'd look bad) and the control chest plate doesn't really look all that good with it either...

edit: also whats the best places for taking screenshots like that, that are well lit and such? had a hell of a time getting the lighting good enough to show much.

First of all grats! Its in my opinion one of the best looking armors in the game... except maybe for the helmet

With an armor like that I would say RBP or Spirit shroud... so that you can show it off at all time (hard to get items but hey)
    Getmore Gear Antismurf Fixer Ancient General of Tiger Claw
    Proeteus Gear
    Morphius Gear

thanks, never put much weight in HP buffing from armors... but this is pretty slick. I'm figuring I may not even bother trying to get azure now that I have this...

yeah, spirit shroud is one of the things that came to mind in org chat too.

though belive it or not, a lvl 170 engie CANNOT solo a notum scourge, (yeah, such a shock huh?) but now I see why everyone has such hatred for them, dropping such an uber item and being such a pain to kill.

actutally at first I thought it was kinda ugly as well, I mean what a strange shade of blue and all... but it kinda grows on ya I think, even the helmet. at least its not the "ant helmet" lol.

actually it was funny, when I first got back to town and de-yalmed... less than 10 seconds, and I got a "post helmet please" (or something to that effect) pm, and almost every time i'm in town SOMEONE asks what armor it is.

maybe I'll get lucky again and just be able to get a sleeve and boots....

ps: I did manage to get away before it got to actually hit me, yay for the brink!

almost looks like alium armor
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

Need to stand next to a soli in combined mercs, I think.

back armor? you could always make the superior quality jobe life support
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Got full suit of the Reactive suit (same suit..less the slight bluish tint).

Get the same reactions form peopel all the time "what armor is that?" "post armor plz"

The upgraded parts you can get form inside the biodome are tasty indeed (look identical, but stat/ac bonus much higher). Got a few of those myself, definatly enjoy the hitpoint boost as a fixer.

That and so few people bother wih getting any of that type of armor. Nice to stand out a bit from the t3 chest/sentinals helmet wearing legion of clan fixers out there (I dont even weild 2 hair dryers, I use a Kyr'ozch Assault Rifle)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

back armor? you could always make the superior quality jobe life support
    hmm, here:

http://aovault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=32

edit: bah, can't quote from the instructions... lol,

hows that work if your neutral? do you just jokers glyph it, then glyph of the arcana it... and right click to make it prof specific... then stop?

the arcana glyph is consumed, right? ... thats alot of expense and trouble to go through for something thats not drastically better stat-wise than the albrecht I have, and NOT getting upgraded the rest of the way. <ok, maybe the AC's are a bit better... but I am not sure that difference and the asthetics are worth THAT much...>

well I am neutral, so hanging out in bor theres not legions of T3 wearing people milling around, but its definitely nice to have some uniqueness. and a helmet that isn't fugly/common.

edit^2: found out that in fact the arcanum glyph is NOT consumed, so was able to borrow that, and get the jobe engineer support system, only cost 2M for the base Jobe.

it looks pretty good with the proactive armor too.
    Last edited by RiverWalker; Aug 9th, 2005 at 02:41:50.