Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After this nerf on Traders.....What do you think?

After this nerf on Traders.....What do you think?

Are they still gods of Pk or has a new class come to takeover?

I still get owned by traders....

50% OE on wepons -1k to AC and nano drains dont put me into advantage.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

lmao

lol damn that -1k AC it hurts!

Pomy, I don't know who you are trying to fool. Traders don't survive docs after 14.4. Only reason why traders could match a doc was the team heals.

But well, I would prolly try dodge the nerfs aswell if I were you.
    ~Lone

yep

noer said along time ago when you doc were bumping to get us nerfed that if they nerf us whats to stop them from nerfing you, you could be next, and she knows docs are next to get hit cant blame her FC nerfs you hard-nerfcom You bump it we nerf it

Re: yep

Originally posted by Evilwizard
    noer said along time ago when you doc were bumping to get us nerfed that if they nerf us whats to stop them from nerfing you, you could be next, and she knows docs are next to get hit cant blame her FC nerfs you hard-nerfcom You bump it we nerf it
    we? fc, lol. we specifically said not to nerf, but i doubt you read the posts and only go by rumours.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Noer
    Pomy, I don't know who you are trying to fool. Traders don't survive docs after 14.4. Only reason why traders could match a doc was the team heals.

Now tell me how to kill traders after 14,2 and 14,4 because i have not figured out how yet. After OA pach ---> drained my gun is 50% and skills are 370'is now tell me how to make anough dmg to kill a Trader with that... my critts are 200'ish...omg...ur not gona die of that, 2 critts u will heal back by casting i.e Advanced Health Plunder....

Only wat to kill a Trade is when the trader let me initdebuff, stack my 2 best dot's before he/her starts fight back... but i have yet to meet a Trader that would let me...

Since Noer away today I'll post this for him

Now lets look at the problem at its root
    OR
    Whats makes a Trader Good?

Now then what makes a Trader good is three things

Skill Drains
    Shotguns(critbuff)
    Healing
    Roots(if Melee class or MKed up soilders)

Everyone Agree thats what makes Traders good?

Now then under the old system Traders could have a 15% LLT and a 24% Crit buff + any essances or whatever else they jamed in there

Now under the NEW system the picture has changed

Skill Drains are the same if slighty more effect thanks to 14.2
    However Critbuffs have been lessed so now its 22 percent chance(25 total with Cortex/globes of Clarity)

And Healing has been pretty servely nerfed
    Single heals stay(bascily 600 heals ever 3 seconds)
    But team heals are now nearly useless
    For 1k of healing I take 1.4k of damage
    And FAST
    Which is not very useful in PVP where its all about speed and specials

How long I ask everyone did it take for the first Neo Trader to start running around?
    And how many other Neos where their out there
    Heck not even Noer is Neo yet.

Whats the problem?

Simple Traders while they can drain your skills to high heavan lack anything to do with the new things

When I toss Divest/Plunder Advanced on Syrah and she simply Shots(crit) fling bursts me those skill drains don't realy help as I'm looking at the familiar reclaim terminal

Traders are still good
    But not as good as they used to be
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Originally posted by Noer

Noer maybe you should start spending more time playing this game then whining and complaining? Oh sorry you are proffesional you know better how to pvp. Ah yes PvP doesnt reque skill. Yes doctors are uber and please nerf them.

Mr. Bean if noer would spend more time pvping he probly would be experinced. I see him rarely on pvp fields... Maybe we play different times?

Anyway as fryli said only way to kill trader is to put best dots and best debuff before we are divested bak to lvl 60.
    I usualy cant even place my debuff first. And even if i do what is that rapid palsy lasts a bit longer then one minute and even if i crit every shot with my 400 Criticals (if trader has no bracer or RRFe) for 1 minute i still cant kill him. Ofcource i dont crit every shot.

Also MR. Beam crit buff nerf didnt affect ONLY traders everyone got affected by this so take your whine somewhere else.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Traders are easy to beat now for sure, Ffs the damn engi in my guild killed a lvl 165 one i think... Just get off all your specials in time before they deprive/ransack you, which is somtimes impossible since some traders exploiter their roots/heals/Deprives

Originally posted by Fryli
    Only wat to kill a Trade is when the trader let me initdebuff, stack my 2 best dot's before he/her starts fight back... but i have yet to meet a Trader that would let me...
    Hehe, I've let a doctor do this to me once. It was my first duel ever with a doctor. The init debuff landed and not being used to having to wait many seconds to cast something, I hit the divest button too many times and canceled it. I was down to 50% life or something before I finally managed to land a divest.

Regarding trader's ability to PvP, in a sad way, it almost doesn't matter now. A lot of traders have either retired or cancelled their accounts (including me). It's not like there were ever a lot of traders playing, and even less who participate in PvP.

Even with this nerf, Traders don't suck, but they definitely dropped a couple notches in the PvP profession ranking. I used to be able to beat folks who were 10-40 levels higher than me. Granted that some of those folks weren't that good or may have been really unlucky, but the fact that it used to be possible says something about how good traders used to be.

Against a doctor, I haven't dueled one since patch, but I'd say that it's probably not that different from before. Yes, the init debuff hurts, but it's not like I ever had to chain heal in order to stay alive. If the doctor doesn't have HE/Jobe, after a few minutes I could steal most of their nano away.

Bleh, I don't care now. I'm PvP'ing with my 72 MP, but that'll get boring fast. PvP'ing with an MP has so much less strategy than PvP'ing with a trader.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Name me one other proffesion AS depand on crits as traders

Sure it hurt most classes but agian

Specials Specials Specials

I've been killed(Note the been killed part I don't try and win) many times with my Trader to see what people do

I watched what people would do for example a time in 2holes where I de-yalmed above Anginova(I think thats the name the level 200 Krutt wielding MP) and sat there and let her shot away at me as I sat in my mirr suit then agian she has cursed of cronus me before nano-shutdowing me but thats another story

People have alot of tatics
    Some smart
    Some
    Fling/Burst/FA
    Check to see if target has survied
    If not Repeat untill desired result has occured

Most fall into the latter region
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Doc with shotgun
    MP with shotgun
    NT with shotgun
    engi with shotgun
    crat with shotgun
    all other profs that used a shotgun (normally Snakemaster for PvP)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Mr Bean

Some
    Fling/Burst/FA
    Check to see if target has survied
    If not Repeat untill desired result has occured

Most fall into the latter region
    OK

Exactly why are traders more dependent on crits than any other proffesion using a shotgun?

What is stopping you using a non-crit based weapon ?

How does 1 "Fling/Burst/FA" when Fa re-cycle time is 5 minutes ?

Why do you post badly re-searched spam on the boards ?

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

I'm a lv 41 Fixer. I managed beat two different traders with pvp titles. I dont think could have done it without the nerf in heals though

Originally posted by Gridcross
    I'm a lv 41 Fixer. I managed beat two different traders with pvp titles. I dont think could have done it without the nerf in heals though
    Were you wearing grid armor? That does make an enormous difference. It's rather difficult for anyone to beat a GA fixer when they miss 80% of their shots.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

I strongly doubt a level 41 Fixer would have GA uploaded and meet the reqs for it not being OEed. I think low level Fixers are actually the one of the best PvP classes (through 1-60). The current Fixer flava of the month is the Kerans (disease AC) or the old school Gamma Ejector (rad) when ACs actually mean something. Hell, even without GA, a fixer could dodge a lot of shots at that level.

I'd put Enforcer, MP, MA and Trader falling in the number two spot. Agents can be pretty good at PvP at this level as well (not great, but... good enough.)
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

There was some "hidden" loving for traders in the 14.4 patch for pvp.
    pre 14.4 uvc meant you would do 24% crits with uvc regardless of evades and attack rating. During 14.2 patch I tested my ql 11 weopon with 133 attack rating while using uvc and tried to hit a lvl 200 ma who had high evades in the arena. I was able to crit him 24% of the time with an attack rating of 133. the dmg was basicly like miss miss miss crit. Doing the same test after 14.4 i got a much dif outcome. Even with uvc running i could not land a single crit with my 133 attack rating vs 1kish evades.
    This means that the effect of UVC and crit modifier items is lowered if the person has higher evades then your attack rating.
    Traders can have the highest attack rating in the game so they will benefit from it in pvp now. Btw I think noer has 1300ish attack rating buffed(correct me if im wrong) tell me anyone who has 1300 or better evades? Only a fixer with GA is gonna have a chance to get that. and to top it off with a divest plunder a Trader can easily lower his opponents attack rating below his or hers evades. So yes traders got there heals taken away from them but the ability to lower the effectivness of UVC and critical scopes is given to them in 14.4.

What I dont get is the unbelievable debuffs traders have...Im around 50 and saw the -75 debuff to almost all skills! how can that be?!?! any other prof has different debuffs for different skills...after a trader debuffs me with that 1 debuff, im not able to do anything anymore...

If I would try to debuff him, I´d need 30 seconds just to put all debuffs on him...

so. what did i get wrong? Traders can heal, crit the most with the highest Crits, have the most effective single debuffs...

how really do u kill them? DoT cant be the solution ( i have the feeling, they are not strong enough)...Crits from any other prof cant be it too, cause they dont have higher shotguns...

Or is it in lower levels only? will the Traders possibilities change over 100 or 150? (but even then...with 150 u played played already most of the game, its senseless, if traders are only beatable at 150+

hm..i hope that thread brings some solution,...(or ideas)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast