Thread: Hallucinations

Hallucinations

She walked up to the shop terminal, hoping to cash in on all the useless junk that she had found. As she was selling it she felt a presence, like she was being watched. She quickly turned to see the outline of her father fading out. Her face, turned even more pale, jaw dropping, staring in disbelief. Did I just see that? There is no way I just saw that...

Her Slayerdroid tried to take measure of the situtation, and decided to activate its transferance protocol. She shrank and was inserted into her slayerdroid's chest cavity. The Slayerdroid quickly made for the nearest exit and then to the nearest grid point. Safely in the grid, she regained control of herself. What just happened? Did that really happen? Her mind kept going over the posibilities of it being real, only to come to the same conclusions, it didn't happen.

She decided to take a rest and head to her appartment in Jobe, and tinker around in her lab. When she arrived, the place was in complete dissarry. All of her tools, scattered. Carbonrich rocks were growing out of the floor. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. She shook her head, but the rocks were still there. She took a step back and tripped over one, crashing to the floor with a loud thud. She blacked out for several hours.

She dreamed....dreamed of the past, when her father was still alive. How he would let her tinker with some low power engines, and low current charges. Then everything turned blood red. Times had changed before her eyes. She was standing behind her father. He was huddled over a computer terminal, erasing his insurance. There was a PNG M1007A1 Tactical Revolver sitting on the desk. The safety was off...

BANG!

It was over and she came to. She was in tears. The carbonrich rocks were gone, everything was back in its place. There was a note on her work bench.

Kitty,
    I am still here with you, never forget that. There are people that love and care for you and always will. It wasn't your fault things happened they way the did. I love you.
    ~Father

It looked like a suicide. That's what the Omni-Pol Officers said. Her father was an important person, he had many enemies. Her father had never owned a firearm that she knew off.

Tears rolled down her cheeks slowly. She curled up in to a tiny ball, crying. Releasing all her sadness. She would never be the same....

Evocative. Interested to see where you go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"