Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

real efforts you say? You call "we can not reimburse your quest item no matter whose fault the bug lies on" real progress?

Originally posted by Ebonezer Good

edit I expect the previous poster to call me funcomunist or some such thing now, dude has a lot of pubesent angst to work out I guess. As it happens I'm very vocal when something needs to be said. Good or bad.
    Only if you provoke me too

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Unhappy Re: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

Originally posted by Cosmik
    As you may or may not have known, today is the one year anniversary of the launch of Anarchy Online. Yes, one year ago little AO was running around in his little diaper, having some teething problems, but we are glad to see him now growing up into the playful and fun little fella we knew he can be.

To all the citizens of Rubi-Ka, to the players of Anarchy Online, thank you for making this such a great year and we look forward to our next ones with a whole lot enthusiasm, and look forward to seeing you along for the ride.

Happy Birthday

Cosmik
    -King of the cheesy birthday cards
    Damn I forgot to canceal my account to celebrate it before I got to bed.

Anyway it has gone from a broken cripple to a rebellus teenager that refuses to listen to whatever the parents are saying, and that don´t give a f*ck what other people think of any stupid ideas it has. It just look a lot better, but beneath it it still lacks content.

As for next year, well don´t plan to much if you continue the road you have started.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by Wiretrip

Actually my birthday was yesterday on the 26th making me 17 not 12. And I dont give a Fuk what your funcommunist ass thinx cause Im just waitin to get banned.

Oh yeah...

edit: Again, letting my bad day get the better of my judgement. Apologies again to Wiretrip.
    Last edited by Chaingu; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:52:38.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

Originally posted by Ebonezer Good
    *sighs*
    So many people that play AO are short-sighted or in Chaingus case, retarded. FC are making real efforts with AO. You just gotta look past next week or next patch.

Your right. My attacking Wiretrip for his posting something I personally found offensive was a "retarded" act. I apologized to him for it, and I apologize to all the people reading this post for having had to put up with it.

Ever heard the expresion if you don't have anything nice to say shut your ****ing mouth? (ok modified a bit)

Why yes, I have, but it was a fool who said it. Certainly tolerance is a good thing, but like any good thing can be taken too far. You must always seek to balance tolerance with civic responsibility. Ever heard the expression "He who does not oppose evil, condones it." Sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the wrong thing to do. NOT in this case, however.

As was said previously. FC are making real efforts to improve the things people have been *****ing/whining/crying about and what do they get in return, more of the same..... I don't envy you guys at FC, its a thankless task.

Good work on adding content and listening to us when possible.

Happy birthday AO.

In fact, and as I stated in my other posts, I fully agree with this sentiment. I am aware that my responses to Wiretrip seem to have bothered you, and I am sorry, but I have no argument on this.

edit I expect the previous poster to call me funcomunist or some such thing now, dude has a lot of pubesent angst to work out I guess. As it happens I'm very vocal when something needs to be said. Good or bad.
    LOL, and you jumped on me for my post. Yours was just as ... pointed.
    Last edited by Chaingu; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:59:08.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

Happy birthday

BUT its now that AO are using diapers and have toothing problems... Not a year ago, that was birth problems

AND I STILL HAVE NO MAP OF WAILING WASTES!!!

Talking ROFLMAO

In regards to wiretrip's big FU. Im suing you mate i laughed so hard i think my lungs are bleeding

Happy Birthday, AO!!!

And wow. What a bunch of complainers you guys have on your backs. I've seen everything from "lack of content" to "won't reimburse my items". All rather childish.

AO is a fantastic game, and has improved 100 fold since it's inception.

Proof? Even all the idiots that have been complaining on this string since it's inception are still playing. They are either chronic liars (and are actually enjoying this game despite their moronic attempts at dry wit at FC's expense), or they are absolute morons ("This game sucks! Oh, what, another monthly payment? Okay, here ya go. This game sucks!"). Either way, at least they keep the revenue up.

Thanks for playing, crybabies. Despite your incessant and pointless complaining because you can't overequip by 100 levels or you lost an item and those mean old ARKs won't fully compensate you, it's your contributions that keep this game going, and keeps those of us who absolutely love the game and the direction that it's heading happy in knowing that FC will continue to work out the minor bugs and work in the content for the story arc. Two things that they have done well and will continue to do in the future.

Again, happy birthday AO. Now let's see Ross and Radiman head to head in a cage match.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Tarryk

I have nothing against you (in fact your reputation preceeds you) but please dont come in here putting down the 'whiners' until you have examined their side of the argument.

If you look at the core issues there _is_ a problem here (if you dont agree with any other issue you _have_ to admit the communication between FC and the players _is_ a problem).

The reason people still play?

Simple

There is nothing equivalent on the market at this time (hold that comment until there is - if you're still right at that point I'll conceed). The 'whiners' want to help make this a great game. Dont confuse blind unfocused anger with angry focused disapointed frustration.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Sure must be nice to know everything to be able to judge TarryK.

You have basically generalized everyone into being "absolute morons", "chronic liars", "idiots", "complainers", "crybabies" who are "all rather childish".

And Chown gets his posts wiped for simply using the word "morons".

Cz, Cosmik - care to comment on this obvious double standard?

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

quick question...

with all the whining and *****ing and moaning that goes on in this board (I don't post often, but I read ALL the time) i just have one question for you...

Why do you still play??

I haven't been playing long, and personally..I thoroughly enjoy this game. It is more fun than any MMORPG I've ever played before(EQ, AC, DAOC...)

/flame on like the Human Torch

if there is so much wrong with the game, and the product is just SOOOOO terrible that you all have to whine and cry like little bee-yotches about every damn thing, then go play something else. period.

go play EQ. go play DAOC. go play Asheron's Call. all of these games MUST be better if all you can do is ***** and cry about this one. Yet you *****, cry, complain, moan, and overall act like little spoiled assclowns, yet you STILL pay to play this game? WHY? if you don't like it so much, LEAVE instead of just ending every post with "i'm gonna leave if this doesn't change." LEAVE ALREADY. Cozmik made a nice post to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the game, and all you can ****in do is ***** and moan about everything and ruin the damn thread. Save that **** for the I HATE FUNCOM forum. this thread is not the place for it.

it gets sickening to come to the official forums looking for interesting, or maybe a hint or two about certain places and things in the game..and all I can find is "my class needs this..." and "god dammit funcom fix this or else!" and other stupid, pointless stuff like that. If Funcom sucks that bad, STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY and go play some half-assed campfest like Everquest. I'm sure Verant endorses whining and sniveling much more than Funcom does. Funcom is doing a decent job in my humble opinion. it's hard to deal with a bunch of brats who want everything to be perfect at the snap of their finger.

and you all who leave for SWG and Shadowbane and such...heh.

you'll be doing the EXACT SAME THING you do here. You will ***** and moan about those game's imperfections just like you do here. SWG ain't gonna be the God of all MMORPGs. it's gonna have flaws, and bugs, and class imbalances and such, just like all MMORPGs do. and besides that VERANT is behind it. heh. have fun. your *****ing will not be missed on these forums when you move to SWG.

/flame off

sorry if I offended the people who actually like this game and make legitimate, CONSTRUCTIVE Comments about it.

and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to AO! Keep working and making improvements.

Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    President, West Athen Militia
    RK2
    Last edited by Tahrus; Jun 28th, 2002 at 18:32:11.

Oh, I'm sure my post will be wiped shortly. It was indeed a flame, and honestly I think it's the first "true" flame I ever posted. But it's my own way of being fed up with reading this string.

AO celebrates a birthday, releases an awesome new patch, and everyone starts in with "ho hum, another year wasted for me". It is of my own opinion that if anyone is actually going to come on here and complain in a string that was originally intended as a celebration, they deserve to get flamed more than anyone.

Constructive criticism is one thing. All I've seen in this string as far as criticism is, quite literally, a bunch of childish whining. Hence the flame, and hence the judging.

I _do_ look at it from both sides, and I'm involved in quite a few constructive critiques in regards to fixing issues within the game. But what I've seen on this string is both disheartening and pathetic.

If people really want to make the game better, they should be supporting the obvious efforts and progress that has been made, not nitpicking every detail into a direct assault on FC. I assaulted back. And, as I said, the post will likely get wiped for it. No biggie, since in posting it I was practically asking for retaliation from the unstable masses anyhow.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Originally posted by Tarryk
    Oh, I'm sure my post will be wiped shortly. It was indeed a flame, and honestly I think it's the first "true" flame I ever posted. But it's my own way of being fed up with reading this string.

AO celebrates a birthday, releases an awesome new patch, and everyone starts in with "ho hum, another year wasted for me". It is of my own opinion that if anyone is actually going to come on here and complain in a string that was originally intended as a celebration, they deserve to get flamed more than anyone.

Constructive criticism is one thing. All I've seen in this string as far as criticism is, quite literally, a bunch of childish whining. Hence the flame, and hence the judging.

I _do_ look at it from both sides, and I'm involved in quite a few constructive critiques in regards to fixing issues within the game. But what I've seen on this string is both disheartening and pathetic.

If people really want to make the game better, they should be supporting the obvious efforts and progress that has been made, not nitpicking every detail into a direct assault on FC. I assaulted back. And, as I said, the post will likely get wiped for it. No biggie, since in posting it I was practically asking for retaliation from the unstable masses anyhow.
    At this point I reluctant to continue this dialogue since I'm pretty certain your not being objective (despite your comments to the contrary)

Allow me to explain.

If you are currently conducting constructive critisism of AO then you _must_ see that FC hardly ever responds to players, and in the few cases they do respond that response is usually unsatisfactory.

Now you say this thread was meant to be a celebration - perhaps, but many of us feel that currently FC is 'extracting the urine' with its birthday press release and subsequently this thread with its statements of listening to its players and yes I'm refering to the 'level restrictions on nanos'. Regardless of if you agree with this action or not, you cannot, in good conscience, say that FC's 'tactic' of proceeding with this change, in the face of overwhelming opposition without even explaining _why_ this change was occuring prior to the event was acceptable behavior towards its customers.

People have tried to open a constructive debate/compromise with FC and its obvious they are not interested. The end result is escalating measure by the players to elicit some response, even any response from FC (Fixers and Adventurers have been debating blocking Grid access over this issue). When you ignore people _expect_ them to take stronger measures to make themselves heard - this is what is now occuring and unfortunately it's FC's fault for ignoring the players.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Smile Happy Birthday, Anarchy Online

Greetings!

Well, I remember when Anarchy Online was born. I was stumbling along in my early level 20s with my first character in Everquest. Through much trial and error, and many hours playing Everquest, then Dark Age of Camelot, I finally "discovered" Anarchy Online at the beginning of this year.

For all intensive purposes, I adore this game.

Yes, there are things with this game which I find frustrating--and my frustration is born from the fact I really like this game and I don't want those issues marring the experience to a level which detrimentally off-balances and negates the "fun factor".

As far as people's discontent with this game is concerned, you can look at the forums for ANY on-line game out there, and you will find the same unhappy voicings as you find here. I don't know of any other type of product (MMORPGs) which elicits such inflammatory and reactionary communication from the consumer, consistently.

The Beast Which Is The MMORPG is an unruly one, indeed. Hopefully, over time, the MMORPG Wildebeast can be tamed, controlled...and predicted a bit better by their respective development companies. The MMORPG territory is still vastly uncharted and untamed.

Anarchy Online has experienced intense growing pains, and for all it's gone through, it's still an intelligent, bright child, capable of tremendous, wonderous things. The lesson here is to raise that child as an individual; allow it to be open, expressive and creative; and not bow to peer pressure or "what the other MMORPG kids" are doing.

*grins* Ahh, and we're just stepping into the "Terrible Twos", eh? This will be interesting, indeed!

A very happy birthday to you, Anarchy Online.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Nepenthea; Jun 28th, 2002 at 20:32:15.
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Chaingu, my sincere apologys, the "retarded" comment was aimed at wiretrip not yourself. I was very tired at time of posting. I actually thought you made very valid points mate.

Wiretrip on the other hand was wasting bandwidth.
    Its amazing to me how passionate some of us get about what is after all "just a game".

Re: Nope cant resist

Originally posted by Warlock
    I gave in to my impulses :-) (you all know the tune, sign along)

Happy Birthday To You
    Give The Players The Screw
    If they hate You
    Wont Pay You
    Happy Birthday To You

Happy Birthday FC

Love From The Community
    ehe

Happy B-day to AO, but was that card the best that all the devs can think of?!

for all those stuck on the lvl reqs on nanos: you can't win a chess game in one move, things can take a while to set in and develop, some might not have been created yet. That sounds too nice...Stop whinning and screwing with something thats in progress, this might work amazingly well if you would only leave it alone! Idiots can't program you know...

Re: ROFLMAO

Originally posted by TomCollins
    In regards to wiretrip's big FU. Im suing you mate i laughed so hard i think my lungs are bleeding
    ROFLMAO...you just made my day, mate.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

Re: quick question...

Originally posted by Tahrus
    with all the whining and *****ing and moaning that goes on in this board (I don't post often, but I read ALL the time) i just have one question for you...

sorry if I offended the people who actually like this game and make legitimate, CONSTRUCTIVE Comments about it.

and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to AO! Keep working and making improvements.

Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    President, West Athen Militia
    RK2
    Well put, Tahrus. And it was nice meeting you at the AO Birthday Party in ICC yesterday. Thanks for the invite.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast