Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

As you may or may not have known, today is the one year anniversary of the launch of Anarchy Online. Yes, one year ago little AO was running around in his little diaper, having some teething problems, but we are glad to see him now growing up into the playful and fun little fella we knew he can be.

To all the citizens of Rubi-Ka, to the players of Anarchy Online, thank you for making this such a great year and we look forward to our next ones with a whole lot enthusiasm, and look forward to seeing you along for the ride.

Happy Birthday

Cosmik
    -King of the cheesy birthday cards
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Aborted humour

This is crying out to have sarcasm plastered all over it. However out of repect (a dying resource) I will refrain.

I sincerely hope you change your minds about the level restrictions.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Nope cant resist

I gave in to my impulses :-) (you all know the tune, sign along)

Happy Birthday To You
    Give The Players The Screw
    If they hate You
    Wont Pay You
    Happy Birthday To You

Happy Birthday FC

Love From The Community
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

Originally posted by Cosmik
    As you may or may not have known, today is the one year anniversary of the launch of Anarchy Online. Yes, one year ago little AO was running around in his little diaper, having some teething problems, but we are glad to see him now growing up into the playful and fun little fella we knew he can be.

To all the citizens of Rubi-Ka, to the players of Anarchy Online, thank you for making this such a great year and we look forward to our next ones with a whole lot enthusiasm, and look forward to seeing you along for the ride.

Happy Birthday

Cosmik
    One whole year and they still haven't learned what the players want from them.....

Maybe this whole switch to level restrictions from skill-based ones is just a birthday prank to remind us how bad launch was.. and it will all be gone tomorrow..

Right?

Re: Re: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

Originally posted by Dudicas
    One whole year and they still haven't learned what the players want from them.....
    I think it has become apparent that they know. I will leave it to the individual to figure the rest out.

Scorus

Happy Birthday AO!
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Happy birthday AO.

Good luck getting to another one (you're gonna need it).

This is one of the saddest days in my gaming career. I actually wish for Anarchy Online to fail quickly. The events of the past year have shown me how horribly a game can be run.

I am saddened to see such a great promise shattered by inept handling.

I realized the date myself and only had to laugh. Just December and January we thought things were getting better. The Story was rolling along and bugs were getting fixed.

We end up now a half year later and the game is turning into "EverQuest meets Dark Ages of Camelot". I've never had worse feelings for a company than I have for FunCom as a whole.

They've disrespected their customers by providing lackluster service in many areas, not the least of which is taking care and consideration and providing a degree of professionalism when loading up the code editor. Lack of originality in terms of game design and lack of effort with respect to providing a product one can be proud of top off the list.

I won't go into Customer Service. I'll only briefly mention the board wipes.

This year has caused me to re-double efforts towards treating clients I have to deal with in my business life with respect and honesty. I have been treated like a worthless dog by a company I have sent well over a hundred dollars. I never want anybody who deals with me as a customer to have to endure the feelings that FunCom has caused me to endure.

I'm now at the stage where I can't wait for my friends in-game to decide where to go next. I have the feeling of wasting a year of time/money/energy similar to when you know you are going to break up a relationship that you had worked hard at and thought had long term implications. Yes, this does feel like I'm breaking up with my girlfriend.

This has been a horrible year. It had a shining period from October to about February.

Something happened. The screws fell loose and now the game is out of control. A game that was fun to play has been systematically turned into a sorry rehash of the stale and tired 'levelling treadmill' so many of us are horribly sick of.

Good luck to all the decent people at FunCom who know what makes a real game (assuming you still work there). Tommy Strand, where ever you are, I know you must be heartbroken.

This is a very Unhappy Birthday, indeed.

Happy Deathday AO and Funcom.

This is the end of what was once a very good thing.
    Kaskin
    -----------------
    No cookie cutter level limits!

Happy Birthday AO!

I have to say that despite all the whining I still LOVE this game.
    It is simply the BEST MMORPG currently avaliable.

The customer service may be bad, items might vanish, nanos might have level reqs. and there are no individual mission keys for the static dungeons. (yet I pray... =) )

But still, they are fixing it along great, the level limits really are not as bad as people are painting it out to be and I have a insanely good time doing solo missions and team missions.
    I love fighting the boss monster with teams, the exitement is grand and sometimes he drops something FUNNY! (never happened yet though =) Praying that they implement a boss with only 2 or 3 items in solo missions also.)

Crying over patches and nerfs is really sort of sad when you consider that the gist of the game is basically FUN and the game can never be more then YOU make out of it.
    And really, whats so wrong with a level 185 limit on a QL 200 nano? (Though if they put it at 160 it would have made it a bit more fun but maybe also unbalanced it a bit, some nanos are silly though but since they were just there for a giggle it does not really matter anyways)

So, I urge you to go adventure some more and find some funny items collecting dust, equip a new weapon just to try it out and do go clubbing when you are having a bad mission run. =)

All this from Harmonizer, last day spent doing solo missions which all ended in my untimely demise. All in all, 4 missions done and exactly 0 xp up but still having a grand time.
    Dont rush the game since it really wont make it more fun for you in the end. (Or as it used to be in EQ, get 60, farm primals, build AA, farm nameds in Luclin, farm primals, build AA, farm nameds in Luclin, bui... oh well, you get the picture)

Re: Nope cant resist

Originally posted by Warlock
    I gave in to my impulses :-) (you all know the tune, sign along)

Happy Birthday To You
    Give The Players The Screw
    If they hate You
    Wont Pay You
    Happy Birthday To You

Happy Birthday FC

Love From The Community
    we should add this to our sigs
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
    ------------------------
    Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.
    ------------------------
    "Your safety guaranteed, in just a few arns." - Staleek
    "Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows, how're you going to guarantee my safety?" - John Crichton

Re: Happy Birthday Anarchy Online

Originally posted by Cosmik

Right. One year ago little Anarchy was thowing a new-borm temp tantrum kicking every single player of the game, crashing constantly, and gernally not functioning at all. One year ago that arrogant punk Farfidian (or whatever his name was) was the bane of all intelligent players and took delight in booting everyone that said anything bad about his baby. One year ago this game took away WWII online's title as the worst launch ever.

Entusiasm? Is that what you call the gleefully ignorant optimism of a crew hell bent on using their online game to feed their egos by manipulating their customers and gernally being a menace to people that pay them money. I think you may be a little overly optimistic when you talk about the years to follow. Why don't we take this one disasterous patch at a time.

Happy Birthday

Cosmik
    Keep that card Cos, cause there's no guarantee there will be another
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

now THAT is pure comedy gold!

Another year wasted for me.

Happy Birthday AO!
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    [B]This is one of the saddest days in my gaming career.

B]
    edit: Removing unnecessary and childish personal attack on Bio. Apologies, Bio, was having a very bad day and took it out on you.

It is a game, so if you aren't happy, just go play another one. I love AO. I see logic and reason, long term planning, behind nearly everything Funcom does in AO. Do they listen to the players? Yes, many of the changes we have asked for they have made. Do they do everything we ask? Hell no, they can't, it would totally break the game.

Funcom is trying to make sure that this game is enjoyable to the mass of people, with many playing styles, and many ideas of what fun is. In general, they have been quite successful. If they have not made it so that YOU can enjoy it, move on, it IS only a game after all. For many of us, even with the problems the game has, it is still a lot of fun, and is still the best choice for us in online games.

So, bottom line: Have fun or move to a game where you WILL have fun. No game is worth the angst I see in many of these posts.
    Last edited by Chaingu; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:49:22.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

Originally posted by Wiretrip
    Here's to the bastard child of MMORPGs.

]
    edit: Deleted entire post. Was an unnecessary and unprovoked attack on Wiretrip. My apologies, Wiretrip, was having a very bad night at work and took it out on you, Sorry.
    Last edited by Chaingu; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:51:07.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

Happy Birthday AO. Looking forward to being around for a few more.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

*sighs*
    So many people that play AO are short-sighted or in Chaingus case, retarded. FC are making real efforts with AO. You just gotta look past next week or next patch.

Ever heard the expresion if you don't have anything nice to say shut your ****ing mouth? (ok modified a bit)

As was said previously. FC are making real efforts to improve the things people have been *****ing/whining/crying about and what do they get in return, more of the same..... I don't envy you guys at FC, its a thankless task.

Good work on adding content and listening to us when possible.

Happy birthday AO.

edit I expect the previous poster to call me funcomunist or some such thing now, dude has a lot of pubesent angst to work out I guess. As it happens I'm very vocal when something needs to be said. Good or bad.

EDIT what a fool I am, the comments were not aimed at Chaingu but in fact wiretrip, should stop posting when so damned tired.
    sorry mate.
    Last edited by Ebonezer Good; Jun 28th, 2002 at 23:25:18.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast