Thread: PvP in AO

Post PvP in AO

PvP in AO is really bland to say the least because of Funcom's so-called storyline. Most fun from a game comes from conflict, not with NPCs but with other players. Funcom's idea of amnesty is taking a lot of the fun away. I hope it doesn't last for 4 years, because I certainly am NOT going to fight some 3rd party of NPCs.

As of now it seems like that's where we're being lead, to fight some party of monsters that oppose both OT and Clan. And let me tell u in advance, if they're not going to be player controlled it's going to be boring as hell. And I'm not sticking around paying my money to fight some more monsters.

There are 2 opposing sides, so where is the conflict? What use are PvP titles if we're all just one happy family? I don't know where you're taking us Funcom, but it better be good because right now at level 124 I'm getting real tired of hunting monsters.

That's the only action we get, we're not even supposed to fight the other side because of this amnesty thing.

Where is the conflict?

Talking Heh, Heh.

Quote:

"There are 2 opposing sides, so where is the conflict? What use are PvP titles if we're all just one happy family? I don't know where you're taking us Funcom, but it better be good because right now at level 124 I'm getting real tired of hunting monsters.

That's the only action we get, we're not even supposed to fight the other side because of this amnesty thing. "

There my friends is EXACTLY what I have been talking about when I have said that the "Uber players" and "Exploiters" will weed themselves out.

The game will last FOUR YEARS. What good does it do you to make lvl 200 in the first six months?? Once you have gone as far as you can go, killed everything that there is to be killed, recieved every "Uber" item you can, and PvPed a thousand players... What's left?? DAoC I guess. Enjoy.

OOC:

I see the conflict every day, and let me give some exemples:

Clanners- OmniTek
    (theres no war, but neither side like each other, and theres a constant political debate, which I for one always trys to be a part of)

Pro peace-Pro war
    (heres a conflict whitin the both sides them selves. and it seems this will be a just as large conflict as that between Omni-and clans)

True Omni/clan- dissloyal Omni/clan
    (Who is loyal, and who is a traitor? Whos order should one bee following?)

So, theres conflicts alright. Though this conflicts are political once (and as far as Im concerned, the intresting ones) and not violent ones.

Though, I can assure you, that somewhere along the road, there will be an outright war,(remember, this game is suposed to run for more then a year) but if that was the only thing, how fun would that be? If I wanted to only kill people, I would have bought some quake like game, though with a little map somewhere. AO on the other side trys to be a RPG, thus it need this political conflicts, otherwise it would be hard to RP.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek