Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why we are adding level requirements on all future nano formula

nanomage breed

Cosmik, Does not these lvl requirements in effect cancel the most usefull part of taking a nanomage? The ability to self buff into higher spells faster than the others? now it wont matter. A soli/Opifex will cast the same spells at the same lvls as a nanomage, thus wiping out that ability on the part of the nanomage, and the only bonus you get now is a big nano pool. whoopie. you take that nanopool at a cost of 1/3'd the hitpoints, so not worth it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

This change removes the skill based part that we bought this game for, to not have to deal with this lvl crap requirement.

Lvl req is bad idea, period.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by Kyrrilea

Edited down for length>>

1.Using the CURRENT skill pool, it is very possible for players, using less than maxed implants for their level and for the most part only buffs they can currently self cast, to meet the skill requirements many levels before the current level limits.

2.Funcom's reason for these level limits is that there will be new uber buffs and skill buffing items in the expansion pack. They want to prevent players six months from now from being able to cast the current new nanos at a trivially low level using the new skill buffs that will be available in the expansion. Stop right there and read the previous paragraph again please.

Reread the two paragraphs again until you understand why paragraph two makes zero sense after understanding paragraph one.

On the contrary, think about it this way. You have a QL 150 nano right now that you can buff into at 100. Not really a bad thing. BUT, come shadowlands, someone could possibly buff you into it at level 20. That is a problem. And that simple example is why level restrictions are NECESSARY. Desireable, NO --- Necessary, YES.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

Arrow

Originally posted by Waffen
    Except Cosmik stated:

"To make things clear, the way nano programs are created have not been altered at all."
    Exactly, and had they changed them *now*, they would have had higher skill requirements. It is rather confusing, and because of that, so I could be misunderstanding. It's what was said about the 14.6 patch and beyond that interests me...

I have to admit, I'm still not convinced, but we don't have the information. So the next step is to get more information.

Kyrrilea, I rather agree with you, why are such changes being made now? Why should the expansion affect us when we don't have it (and in fact won't have it until year end at the earliest)? After all, we're still playing the same game...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:00:25.

Originally posted by Chaingu

On the contrary, think about it this way. You have a QL 150 nano right now that you can buff into at 100. Not really a bad thing. BUT, come shadowlands, someone could possibly buff you into it at level 20. That is a problem. And that simple example is why level restrictions are NECESSARY. Desireable, NO --- Necessary, YES.

Thats not really this issue. The issue is that this was done because the expansion pack will otherwise enable you to OE. Right stop there, and dont get any further. This is the problem that needs to be addressed differently. Those people who dont buy Shadowlands are being 'punished' (for want of a better phrase) because they cant get hold of the new 'uber buffs' yet still have the restriction that exist purly to prevent this - wheres the sense in that?.

They should either level limit the new uber buffs or only put the level reqs on the items in the Shadowlands database (since I dont see how they can get away with not having 2 databases). People who dont buy Shadowlands should have to put up with this, and we all certainly shouldnt have to put up with this NOW with Shadowlands being so far away.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Then why the fck are they putting those buffs into Shadowlands in the first place?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Because as far as Funcom is concerned, the definition of a new feature is simply adding more items and nanos that buff you, and adding a new area or two.

Maybe instead, they should take a good long look at this thread here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=20069

God forbid thy make the game fun at all levels.

Originally posted by Warlock

Thats not really this issue. The issue is that this was done because the expansion pack will otherwise enable you to OE. Right stop there, and dont get any further. This is the problem that needs to be addressed differently. Those people who dont buy Shadowlands are being 'punished' (for want of a better phrase) because they cant get hold of the new 'uber buffs' yet still have the restriction that exist purly to prevent this - wheres the sense in that?.

They should either level limit the new uber buffs or only put the level reqs on the items in the Shadowlands database (since I dont see how they can get away with not having 2 databases). People who dont buy Shadowlands should have to put up with this, and we all certainly shouldnt have to put up with this NOW with Shadowlands being so far away.
    Yes, I do have problems with HOW it was done, there are better solutions, but I do understand WHY it was done. Maybe we could suggest a better way to them?
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

Originally posted by EvilSpork
    Then why the fck are they putting those buffs into Shadowlands in the first place?
    Actually, what I THINK is the cause is that, with Shadowlands, advancement well beyond level 200 will be available, and that high level buffs will, of course, then be necessary. I think they are most concerned with say a level 40 being buffed with level 300 nanos.

Of course, this is only a guess, but it does fit the attitude I am seeing out of FC lately.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    "Because it's there!"

SHOW US A SCREEN SHOT O LORDS OF VAPORWARE

there is no point adding lots of new nanos that would be literally impossible for any player to use for a long time.

mmmmmmmmkay The point of these nanos so far ( pre expanion ) is to fix your total failure at game balance from almost a year ago. Thanks for screwing up the fix...good work..consistant to say the least.

that it is not the intention that you will always be able to self-buff into the highest level nanos.

Why? Its not like nanos that are 30 ql bleow my lvl are going to work as well on the mobs im fighting. Of course that would require an understanding of how the game works and ( gasp) listening to players. Even some classes can and will continue to self buff into their best nanos, others cant even though the ones they are left to use are worthless. Go beg bufffs so you can function...lick me

Exclamation chown

First of all, chown, Cosmik did not delete your second post. I did.

Why? Because in the first post you called somebody a moron. We will take the liberty to delete any such name calling, and since your first post contained only that single word, Cosmik deleted the entire post. Stick to your usual posts - with actual content - and we will leave your posts alone.

The second post was removed because it was off-topic. Yes, a very bad excuse, but after your first post being everything but constructive, that excuse is more than enough for me. The other posts you made in this thread are actually on-topic, and constructive. Just lay off bashing Cosmik, and complaining that you aren't allowed to call people morons.

I'm sorry to see you leaving. I hope you will reconsider.

Cz since you and Cos are obvioulsy reading the forum perhaps we can get this one small piece of info from you

Why is it that you guys _appear_ (benefit of doubt here) to be completely ignoring the community, and when you do post you have absolutly nothing to say regarding the issues causing the problem.

most of this negativity could have been mitigated if you communicated with us.

Look at it from our point of view. The level restriction have had very little positive support in any of the threads or the poll. The patch goes through regardless of this (no debate, no explanation, nothing) then your 'nano guy' gives you a statement which you post (thank you - although it took for too long, I suspect this was posted after the patch went live because someone _knew_ it would go down badly) that just creates more bad feeling.

a: because its obvious you knew this beforehand and never said anything (and we still dont know why you never said anything)
    b: because it is actually a bad solution to a problem not 100% of the playerbase will have, and those that will wont have for several months

Cos then promises more feedback which hasnt happened and then (and this is the best bit) your article on the 1st birthday of AO is full of "We listen to the players" etc etc.

This is a PR nightmare and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Now I suspect you and Cos arent allowed to say anything that isnt 'approved' by the 'powers that be' and so I can only assume that they either

a: dont care about the problem
    b: dont know what to say/do now
    c: dont realise how bad its got

perhaps you should send them down here to speak for themselves? If nothing else (assuming I'm right about all this) they are preventing you from doing your job, so make a stand for that if nothing else!

Dont treat the players like mushrooms (explanation on request)

Yes, I do have problems with HOW it was done, there are better solutions, but I do understand WHY it was done. Maybe we could suggest a better way to them?
    Err wasnt that what I was doing in my post?

Well at least we have found some common ground :-). But whats the point making suggestions when it is blatantly obvious no one is listening. People lose confidence and think whats the point. Then they leave, simple as that.

We are here (in the forum) because we care about the game. We complain when neccessary (at least I do) because we care about the game. I dont _want_ to complain about the game. But when FC completely ignores the playerbase, impliments something that the majority (of the forum readers) think is a bad idea, and then offer a reason which has nothing to do with the 'here and now' and is simply a pro-active nerf because they cant balance the expansion pack (before its even out) you do have to wonder what the hell is going on in FC central.

I feel for Cos and Cz I really do. But they _are_ the front line. If the 'powers that be' arent giving them the ability to do their jobs (i.e. not giving them info to release) then they should be taking a stand, not for us, but for the ability to do their jobs.

If my employer is hindering my ability to do my job, then I take a stand for the ability to do my job (especially if I'm getting flak from the same employer about the subsequent quality of my work)

Re: Just thing

Originally posted by Trosida
    If the development team of AO had a decent track record of fixing problems, introducing new content without throwing the entire game out the window, and addressing imbalances with rational reasonable thought-out and properly implemented solutions... then all this screaming wouldn't be going on now.

To those that say 'let's give them the benefit of the doubt' I say... Why? Why have they earned it? What have they done that shows they actually 1) listen to the player base or 2) intend to make a decent game?

Ask yourself that.
    And all you've done is act like a baby. If you dont like it so much walk away.
    How hard is that?
    Anarchy Online is growing all the time, its made by a certain group of people, and they create AO
    how they want to cos its their game, they do not owe you a thing..
    AO is a service and you are paying for the service they provide, this isnt Burger King you dont get it your way you get it their way or you go away ..
    look how many people enjoy it daily??
    Funcom is trying to make a game that is expansive for players and lets them have a voice, but your incessant whining isnt helpful.

No No No

That explains why *TARGET* level checks on buffs are required. If for example Mochams couldnt be cast on anyone below level 60 and whatever the new 'super buff' is couldnt be cast on anyone below level 150 the problem would be solved and the positive aspects of breed choice and skill distribution would still exist without this stupid flatenning of the play field.

Cosmik please ask the designers why the reverse option of level restrictions on the new forthcoming buffs and items (target level for buffs and wear/use level for items) would not have provided the same OE restrictions without these stupid and much hated level restrictions.

You'd get 10% the outcry if the new super buffs could only be used on characters above certain levels, that's logical and most people would accept it (die hard twinkers excepted).

Why can't you do it?

Well said Emiko!
    RobynHood
    President of MERRY MEN OF RUBI-KA
    Steal from the OT, Give to the Clanners!

Re: chown

Originally posted by Cz
    First of all, chown, Cosmik did not delete your second post. I did.

Why? Because in the first post you called somebody a moron. We will take the liberty to delete any such name calling, and since your first post contained only that single word, Cosmik deleted the entire post. Stick to your usual posts - with actual content - and we will leave your posts alone.
    Hey CZ, if you'd bothered to read it, you'd have noticed that every single word in the huge Quote section of my post was written by me. Yes, I used the quote flags, then I rewrote evertyhing inside it, about 10 sentences worth. Then i said morons. Cosmik then claimed that HE deleted it. SO frankly, I think the bashing was fair play, deleting posts when you obviously haven't bothered to read them is pretty sloppy, whichever one of you did it.

Either way, as I said, unless someone specifically adressses me, I'm not posting anymore. A, I'm not paying anymore, and B, its all wasted anyways, the forums have proved they're worthless as a form of player-FC interaction. I'm just wondering where I get player-investor interaction.

Re: Re: Just thing

Originally posted by Emiko

AO isnt here to suck your dick, you whiny lil ape.
    Cosmik/Cz,

You delete a post that says 'moron', but you don't delete this trash?

Noer banned some guy from IRC yesterday for using all caps, but didn't ban the guy who was telling Mr.ALLCAPS that he was a F***** A****LE. Maybe because the later was a friend.

I know emotions are hot right now and everyone's patience is super thin. Fair and proper administration of IRC and the Forums would be helpful for us all.

I didn't enjoy reading halfway into Emiko's post just to find that little gem.

Trying to play through the patches,
    Abunari/Fisj/Yggr

Do not do this!

A level requirement of 50
    on a QL47 nano that
    anyone with half a brain could
    cast at level 40 does
    completely and utterly destroy
    the skill-based system of AO.

I don't care about your plans for the expansion.
    Change your plans for the expansion then.
    Players are unanimously telling you "NO!"

Thats fine, but It still does not address my problem with them gimping nano mage's.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast