Thread: Public statement: Hiatus

Public statement: Hiatus

The last few months, there has been a decrease in activity in Assembly, and perhaps on Rubi-Ka as well. Regretfully, too many people walk around with a distance in their eyes, and words like "heckler, grinding, tweaking" becomes part of most peoples everyday vocabulary. With the landgrant we had recently and the amount of credits it costs for organizations to fix the city controllers and upkeep, some small organizations have succumbed and either disbanded or merged with larger ones, simply to be able to carry on their legacy. People in general become more narrow sighted, and most fill their days with one of three things; hunting down Controller Recompiler Units, gaining as many new security levels as they can or warring over notum mining fields. All these are things that makes the world go around, but to Assembly there has always been something more, a higher purpose and a separate mindset.

This type of mindset still exists. In some parts of Rubi-Ka in abundance as well. However, the decrease in activity makes it impossible for the leadership to uphold the enterprise under the same flags as before. It has therefore been decided that as the clan turns two years old, we will put Assembly in a state of hiatus.

This hiatus entails that we will no longer be actively recruiting, our small clan will give up its seat in the Council of Truth and all public organization activity will stop. It does not mean that we are disbanding, moving out of our town in Stret West or cease to exist. Neither will Assembly merge with any other clan, as there are few to no alternatives to our lines of what an organization mindset should be. No one is asked to stay and no requirements will be made to those brave souls who choose to remain.

If you come upon us, or any former member of Assembly, know that we not only are warriors, we have a loyal disposition, a strong mindset and a helpful heart. Feel free to invite us with you on your adventures, or sit down and have a chat with us.

Until Assembly and the general mindset of Rubi-Ka comes out of the long sleep, it's with sincere care and pride of the clan ways I wish nothing but the best to the clans of Rubi-Ka. Fight strong and with intrepidity against the alien race and Omni-Tek.

Regards,

Jenae "Tussa" Godfray

[OOC: In light of the hardship a small clan faces these days and the inactivity of roleplay in general at the moment, we see no other way out than to go into a form of hiatus. We don't want to merge with anyone and we certainly don't want to disband, as we believe there will come a time where roleplay will be more in focus, and where there will be room for the smaller guilds. That time just isn't now. Thus, Assembly will stay in the back and out of focus. Some of us will stay, others will move on, but to Assembly, both in the past, present and future, roleplaying will be the most important thing. Not grinding XP or twinking that new weapon on.

Our town upkeep will be paid from personal credit funds or donation, and those of us who choose to stay with the guild will still hone our skills, still be around and still roleplay. If someone wants to join us, they'll be welcome to, and if someone leaves us, we'll wish them happy journies. Right now, Assembly is a name floating over character's heads, a dedication in letters to our history and legacy, and not a guild that can offer anything to people. Until we come back some day in the future . ]

Hello Tussa,

I think I know what you are going through. Two years ago, almost to the day, I shut down what was my first roleplaying guild, the SRS. Circumstances had changed and, like you, I felt my guild had noting left to offer anyone.

Now I can’t say whether things were better now or worse back then for roleplaying organisations. I think it was always hard. Sure we did not have hecklers, but we had BS missions and other forms of uber-loot of the month, much of which would now be horribly obsolete. The fact is roleplayers have always been swimming against the tide, and over time this can wear you down.

But change has its good side as well. For me the end of the SRS brought the birth of RUR and, much as I was fond of the SRS, if I were to be honest, my (online) life has never been better. Which is not to say the Assembly should become a robotics company (though the name would work!), it's just a way to suggest that by taking a break and having a chance to rethink things you can in fact bounce back better than before. For no matter how good the past was, the best is always that which is yet to come.

Take heart,

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*reads posting*

You are correct Jen..

One Day I hope to be back and maybe you will welcome me back, but intil that day I will have to resign my post as Vetern in Assembly.

You and the guild have been like family to me but I cannot go on right now. There has been to much loss and grief.

Do not be supprised if one day you get a letter from me, but again right now I must be alone.

Your friend forever

Roger D.

*closes link with tears in his eyes*