Thread: Inquiry on Guild Organization: C.O.R.E.

Inquiry on Guild Organization: C.O.R.E.

OOC:

I was wondering who the director was for this organization?

Thanks...
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again

Did you know CORE has over 400 members?

I doubt even half are active, but they have them on their roster! Crazy!

(OTAC boots all inactive members after 6 weeks of being away and not informing us)

So if you saw that we lost 30 members during a period a while ago, it was cleaning out inactive members.

Kind of annoying, makes guilds with tons of inactive people seem massive when in reality they are rather tiny :P

Talking

Heh, wait until Funcom reimpliments the guild bank and upkeep. Maybe that would give guilds incentive to not just take in anyone and clean the closet out of any dusty inactive members.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

True, I'm looking forward to that to.

Division 9 recently (about 4-6 weeks ago) reformed to clear out all the inactives, thats now left us with around 250 members. Was kinda sad there for a while, cause the old org was still there we could look at it in the FC database and see all the old names that had left the game *mostly when 12.6 hit us all*

Oh well the game seems to have recovered since then and all guilds seem to be building up and becoming stronger, hopefully we're all here for the long haul.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

About guild tax system, does anybody have a full grasp how its going to work? Is it just a case that everytime we earn money (positive movement in our credits) a certain percentage is taken out, our are we charged a set percentage of our total wealth every x hours?

Couldn't find where FC decribed how its going to work.

First Order is well over the 400 mark with active screened members. All our members go through a screening process and do not become full members without participating in meeting and such.

We've finally grown so large that we've had to break down into several divisions, including a Recruitment and Promotions division.

Our poor President, Windowlicker, is plagued with miles of /tells everytime he logs on.... *shrug*

I still remember the time when I knew everyone's name in First Order... Now it's so ridiculously large, I end up in groups with FO members I never knew existed... What's even worse is trying to manage the member list on our website and the access to our private forums. First Order has become a second full time job for me, and many others.... Ugh!

First Order Members
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I know that feeling, I'm only one part of the command group for Div9 and its become a second Job, how Barzillai manages it all is amazing.

I'd hate to have his job.

Breaking it down into departments does seem to help, specially if you put in place a proper chain of command, at least that way you can try and filter out the easy to deal with stuff so the leader can occassionly actually get to play.

Thumbs up COC

Chain od command does help a lot. THe only thing that still allows me to play a bit and browse these boards is the chain of command we have that does not require me to take care of eachj member individually. Not only do we have divisions, but even divisions are broken into departments. Makes life much easier. Of course this doesn't help any with tons of tells and e-mails .

On a sperate note, why are we even talking about this? A poor guy simply asked a question, continued by a flame from Capt and now we're in a totally different discussion, yet the initial question was never addressed. Interesting how discussions evolve on these boards, eh?
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Re: Inquiry on Guild Organization: C.O.R.E.

Originally posted by Dumbasbricks
    OOC:

I was wondering who the director was for this organization?

Thanks...
    The leader of C.O.R.E. is Iceith
    ~Manchilde

Ahhh.... Finally 8 messages later =) Thank you all for the threads it made for interesting reading. Piikey... the information is very much appreciated.
    Josef "Dumbasbricks" Gruesbeck
    Sin-Tek Inc. Employee
    a division of Omni-Tek Hyper Corp.
    "I'm just a nobody... So don't mind me much." ~ me

"I pity the weak for when they fall they are forgotten... the strong may fall... but they are forever remembered." ~ me again