Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you bought a brand new HQ...

So you bought a brand new HQ...

And your HQ is a beauty. But its huge, and it quickly gets so dusty.

ISN'T IT TIME YOU INVESTED IN A
    RUR DLK-2000 VACUUM CLEANER ROBOT?

This message was brought to you by RUR, Rubi-Ka Universal Robots.
    Last edited by Savoy; Sep 25th, 2004 at 20:50:56.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hear, hear. *mutters something soundign su****iously like "really need to hire some more personnel to do tha housework"*

Uhm... by chance... does it also work with, err, uncommon substances? Y'know... vaporized shards of glass... stuff like dat? ...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Quote Originally Posted by Demenzia
    Hear, hear. *mutters something soundign su****iously like "really need to hire some more personnel to do tha housework"*

Uhm... by chance... does it also work with, err, uncommon substances? Y'know... vaporized shards of glass... stuff like dat? ...

If the shards are vaporized, you really don't need a vacuum, do you? ^_^;;

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

My droids have been doing alright at cleaning. But they could always use some more help. I be glade to buy some cleaners from RUR.

Demenzia has a point. Does this invention work well with rubble? Blood stains? Unmentionable items you don't care to identify and that only a doctor could identify? Does it repair furniture in case of 'accidents'? And if it for some 'reason' gets in the middle of a combat situation does it know to run? Or better yet. Defend itself? These are all theoretical questions of course but of great interest to me.

Can it suck the sharks and fishies out of the corner of the aquarium they are all huddled in?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Does it slice and dice?

Does it slice,dice,protect,and baby sit? Not all at once mind you wouldn't want any of the OT tots getting hurt.
    President of Yatamutchy Incorporated
    And brother to Bret "Xserter" Kenley

Yatamutchy Incorporated
    -Enhancing today,for a better tommorow!-

If you believe people can change,then believe that I am willing and trying.

Ladies, gentlemen, the DLK-2000 is just a vacuum cleaner bot. It does just waht you would expect a vacuum cleaner bot will do. If your want a robots that is more versaitle, maybe you would consider the Phewy Series 6, aka The Milly Bot. Of course it is a good deal more expensive.

Please browse our online catalog of household roobts.

Dabblez

Can its nozzle be inserted into the respiratory system of say... oh... a Clanner and then suck the giblets right out of said Clanner? What is the canister capacity and suck quotient?
    Last edited by Nevver; Sep 28th, 2004 at 13:36:28.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Can its nozzle be inserted into the respiratory system of say... oh... a Clanner and then suck the giblets right out of said Clanner?
    Oh course not, what a ghastly thing to even suggest! All our robts are 3 Laws Safe, meaning they cannot by their action or inaction harm a human being!

Truely shocked,

Dabblez

Well, what if I welded the nozzle to the Clanner's head so that the robot had no choice? Or maybe I could just tie a towel around it's "head" so that it can't see what it's doing. That would absolve the vacuum cleaner of any mechanical guilt, wouldn't it?
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Can it at least suck up the dried clanner blood from my carpet? I have this stain I've been trying to get out for WEEKS!
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

I’m interested in purchasing one for the Maidens, but I’m concerned on how it will handle the steps. Is there a rocket booster in the base so that it can fly over such primitive obstacles?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Marisha
    Is there a rocket booster in the base[...]?
    If so, can the vacuum hose be attached to the rocket? Scorching giblets might be even more fun than sucking them out.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I just want to know if you have a bot that can get all this damn alien bio-goo out of the carpet.

Some of those little bug-eyed freaks are very squishy, and tend to ooze biomaterial everywhere when they get.......disposed of.

Also, while vaccuming is handy, something with some reach that could clean the exterior walls of blood/alien goo wouldnt be a bad idea as well. Our weekly visits from the those little green cretins are starting to really filthy the place up......

Edit:
    One small question, what the heck is with this bots vocal response circuits? Every now and again this thing goes off bleating "Exterminate!", and rolls around waving its appendages in a threatening manner. Your not re-using code from an old Vermin disposal unit in this thing are you?
    Last edited by Necromancyr; Sep 28th, 2004 at 16:38:14.
    Operative of Omni SV-9

Omni-Tek is watching you.

You know I have a ton of stains in my apartments that I want to get out, I think I've spilled everything on the floor - including chocolate cake (don't ask). I'm very interested in seeing how good this robot is... but is there a demo?
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Well, what if I welded the nozzle to the Clanner's head so that the robot had no choice? Or maybe I could just tie a towel around it's "head" so that it can't see what it's doing. That would absolve the vacuum cleaner of any mechanical guilt, wouldn't it?
    You are a strange and scary person Ms Nevver. I am not sure I want to talk to you, let alone sell you a robot.

Dabblez

Quote Originally Posted by Marisha
    I’m interested in purchasing one for the Maidens, but I’m concerned on how it will handle the steps. Is there a rocket booster in the base so that it can fly over such primitive obstacles?
    I am very sorry, but the classic DLK cannot navigate steps. And it can be disabled by throwing a blanket over its head. Everyone knows that.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; Sep 28th, 2004 at 19:15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancyr
    One small question, what the heck is with this bots vocal response circuits? Every now and again this thing goes off bleating "Exterminate!", and rolls around waving its appendages in a threatening manner. Your not re-using code from an old Vermin disposal unit in this thing are you?
    Fear not, whent he DLK-2000 shrieks "Eterminate, exterminate" It's only talking about dust.. or maybe small pets. If you really don't like it, you can flip a switch on the back to swap to "Resistance is futile" mode.

Dabblez

If they can't get blood and other unmentionables outa the carpet I ain't intrested. But if they could... There a price on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast