Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A possible fix to Super Over-equiping

Re: back to the same old idea

Originally posted by Borrace
    everyone should be the same level.
    everyone should have the same equipment.
    there should be no benefit from actually putting time and effort into thinking of ways to improve your character.
    all mobs should be easy to kill.
    everyone should have a pvp title.
    everyone should be equal in battle.
    everyone should get a ton of credits that never run out.

balance sounds fun.
    Please don't tell me that you think players want what you said above. So why say it to try and make the other side (one that don't think a level 9 should be using buffs from a level 100) look stupid? Just makes you look stupid for putting words into their mouth. Everyone does it to a small degree at times, you are super off topic though.

The REAL FUNNY thing is... this is not even about removing twinking at all. Heck, it's just about low level newbies not being able to use power from higher levels to equip weapons and armor they should not be using to begin with.

If you want higher level buffs from players, get higher level. Don't run around begging some higher levels to cast buffs on you so others will think your character is good, when in fact it's just the higher levels buff that's good.
    Last edited by Mor; Dec 12th, 2001 at 21:07:43.

Red face Sounds OK

The proposal sounds doable - but I must add that like many others have expressed, if this is done "Mobs" *MUST* be reduced in hit points by 30-50% and their AC must be sliced in half on average.

I also support the idea that greys [say a level 60 Doc] should be able to give iron circle to a level 90 soldier so that he or she might be able to equip weapons and armor 10, 15 levels of whatever over their current level. This helps give them an edge for putting in that extra effort.

Some people Can't read

This whole Idea is not about removing Over-equiping, or making every one the same.

It's about bringing it all down to a reasonable level, that will hopefully keep every one happy.

And for the people who say "if they use this Idea I'm Leaving the game" well it might be a better place with out you. I'd like to see as many people playing as possible, but some thing has to be done to balance everything out. If these people can't see that. (and by some of there comments a couple of them can't even read) then maybe they should try playing a character from scratch again with no money or extra equipment from their high level Characters or Pals in the game. (I won't even start on the Ebay cred for money issue)

Others have offered quite good ideas to add to the original, and even I agree with Greys being able to buff higher ( as this will allow a lower guy to be of use to the higher person, adding a sense of self worth)

All in all, I see more people agreeing with the idea then disagreeing.... so FC READ THIS, and maybe give us some sort of response.

Cymon
    Deus Ex Machina

you all miss the point

when someone has 92 NCU's or more at lev 50...there is absolutely no reason why the should not be able to use a buff (whether it is AC, AGIL, STR, CRIT, DAM, DAM SHIELD, ETC)...if their NCUs can hold it simply because the MA, or TRADER, or ENF, or SOL, or ADV is more than 20 levels above him.

a lev 50 can't group with a lev 70...but a lev 70 +crit or +dam buff doesn't take up 92 NCUs....with a five slot belt (which MANY lev 50 characters can use) a character can take multiple lev 70, 90, 110, or higher buffs.

the limits on buffs is dependant on three things...your character's computer literacy skills, the belt your character is wearing, and the size of the NCU memory modules your character can equip. This is completely consistant with the spirit of the game.

I'm just so sick of all of these "ideas" that are trying to re-invent the game after it's already being played by thousands of people. I said it before and I'll say it again...if the same opportunities are available to equip items to all players, there is no issue of cheating. If there is no issue of cheating...there is no issue period.

All of these "problems" that you people see stem from Funcom implementing a system that perhaps they didn't think out correctly. But, by limiting what buffs someone can use based on level instead of comp lit, belts, and ncus, will take away from time effort and resources that people put into their characters. What is the use of having 150 NCUs available except for getting mega buffs?!

In any "new" system that may or may not be implemented, whether it is stopping "over equiping" or screwing with the buffs that people can get, a large group of players are going to feel ripped off. You don't spend months trying to perfect a character to have the rug pulled out from under you from other people who choose not to play the game within the parameters that funcom set up.

Instead of playing the game how it is...YOU PEOPLE want it to conform to what YOU THINK is the right thing to do. Personally, I think it is YOUR attidutes about making things to fit YOUR WAY and not the way that funcom set it up is selfish.

"Look ma...his ball is better than mine, lets pop it." -you

Borrace:

Please address the balance issue with "caster" classes that cannot overequip their nanos since they'll be unusable when the buff wears off.

Please address the balance issue with pet classes that cannot overequip their pets since their ability to resummon that pet dies when the buff runs out.

Please address the balance issue with weapon classes that CAN overequip their weapons and continue using them when the buff runs out.

"if the same opportunities are available to equip items to all players, there is no issue of cheating."

The same opportunity is NOT available to all players, unless you envision a world where everyone plays weapon wielders or the new "God" type, MP's.

-Nietya

Re: A possible fix to Super Over-equiping

Originally posted by Cymon
    Just an idea on how to fix super over-equiping, ( and I know that I'll be flamed for this one),

After playing the game from day one till now.... I've noticed alot of new characters out there with super stuff there is no way they should be possible to get into and use. this includes a 25 atrox MA in Organic armour, and tank on top. not sure the ql's but from what I'm told these types start at about ql50, sounds extreme to me.

So here's my idea to fix it. (Brace your selves, The DEV's might listen to this one..... ) A person can only give buffs to a person they could possibly group with and recieve exp. this gives aprox 20 level range at level 20....or so. and the gap get's bigger at higher levels. This would stop the Uber twinking and in my opinion exploiting, while at the same time allowing for a reasonable amout of over equiping, with self buffs, and other's specialized.

I think this idea is a fair solution..... but hey I put it on here to see response....

Cymon
    50 Omni Soldier RK1
    Deus Ex Machina
    Wouldn't fix it. I won't say why, I'm just saying it wouldn't work to stop over equipping.

And if you think a lvl 25 char in lvl 50 armor is 'serious over equipping', you're dead wrong. A level 82 agent with a QL200 rifle is serious over equipping. A level 80 trader witha QL200 shotgun is serious over equipping. A level 120 soldier with QL200 armor (full suit) is serious over equipping. A level 25 character with QL50 armor is called "playing your character correctly". Then again, I'd argue that any of my examples above are also playing your character correctly.. It's not even like it's hard to do this. Heh.

Like dfield said this would fix newbie twinking but not be as helpful at higher levels, I think another check should be in place so that when a nano cast in your NCU's drops in or out or an implant is added or removed, it rechecks all your skills again and anything that doesn't meet requirements it should say something like:

"Some of your equipment does not meet skill requirements and has been disabled."

Then like i've heard before put a big red X over it. Then weapon and armor would be just like nano's..... and everyones happy? I'm sure people would get upset at first, i know it would affect me... but it's for the good of the game right? then just lower mobs hp/ac and balance everything right...

I wouldn't display each item that stopped working cause that would flood the screen, but I mean anyone overequipping would know what stoped and what didn't. Most everyone knows there skills pretty well.

Also when you run out of ammo your weapon should not just drop to inventory...... Just put a message in the window "Out of ammo...", so then if you got some in your backpack you can move it out! and it starts shooting again...

my 2 cents... for what it's worth...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234