Thread: The Reasoning

The Reasoning

A hum starts within your NCU and a picture of an empty room appears. A white clad figure steps into view and sits on a chair that suddenly appears behind her.

My name is Terra Knight, also known sometimes as Mirm. Most of you have undoubtedly never heard of me, some may have indeed heard of me, and a few have probably even been killed by me a time or two: That is not why I am here today. Today I would like to talk about the invasion and a few other issues.

First is about the aliens. We bought our land with the intention of building our cities, and as soon as we do, they are attacked without mercy by these aliens. Why they came, I honestly do not know, and I could care less. What I do care about is what we plan on doing about them. We the people of Rubi-Ka have our own problems, I know. We the people of Omni-Tek are fighting against the clans, as well as the Redeemed. The Clans are fighting against Omni-Tek, and the Unredeemed. Both factions are attacked by the aliens, losing property, money, and time. Neither affiliation has any contact with these aliens outside combat situations. They offer no reason for their attacks. I know that I cannot ask for peace amongst Omni-Tek and the Clans. Many have attempted that and their campaigns litter the path into the past. Our hatred of each other is to strong to simply end. Instead of peace, I suggest a crease fire for a time. Instead of watching neighboring cities turned to rubble in attacks, I say we go forth and help them defend themselves. Omni, Clan, or even Neutral should stop fighting amongst ourselves and help defend against this alien menace.

We cannot wait for Omni-Tek to defend us. Ross has already apparently left Rubi-Ka to its fate. Radiman is also mysteriously absent again… probably hiding under the same rock as Ross. ICC is also absent and is in no way defending Rubi-Ka. Lastly, the orbital defenses are apparently destroyed, so lend no relief from the onslaught of the invasion. If we allied ourselves for this one time, instead of waiting to be overrun, we might be able to stop the alien’s advance and perhaps, even be able to make a counter attack and drive them off.

Secondly, our leaders, Radiman vanishes and then when he returns expects everyone instantly to welcome him, see him as our savior, and let him continue to lead. Ross is never there when we actually need some leadership and in this most recent case is not eve on the planet. I do not believe they even have the people of Rubi-Ka’s goals in mind anymore. At the time of the planet fall celebration last year, Ross was in a middle of a speech and then decided to speak to someone who was plainly not there… Mayhap he is insane or just simply talking into a microphone on his person, but a few days later, Radiman also has a mysterious voice speak to him in the middle of a clan meeting. In addition, a few days before Ross’s visitation, visions where witnessed all over Rubi-Ka about the Shadowlands. Maybe they where talking to the Unredeemed or Redeemed. As they might have know of our plans to access their world before us, perhaps even nudged us into that direction. Alternately, they could have been speaking to the Aliens, as there have been confirmed accounts of Aliens for as long as the portal to Shadowlands was stable. In ether case, our leaders plainly did not find this odd, and continued with what they where doing. Do they indeed have our goals in mind if they listen to beings that no one else sees or hears? On the other hand, are they just using us as a bargaining chip in a game of political power that we don’t even know about?

I personally, would rather trust someone who would actually show himself when conflict arrives, than wait for them to appear after the problem is resolved; and then give us a goal that brings yet more chaos into our lives. A man, or woman, who actually cares about us, should run Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka. Moreover, the same goes for the Clans. Wouldn‘t you rather have someone you trusted, than someone who spoke with the air or vanishes for long periods. Someone who is not worrying about some political game, somewhere else, an untold distance away, instead of us?

I believe we should make Rubi-Ka our main concern. Not concern ourselves with a corporation that is not located on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Tek does indeed own the division on Rubi-Ka. However, we should have our own planetary government instead of one run by people an untold distance away. Moreover, while I do not see the conflict amongst the Clans and Omni-Tek vanishing, it would be much less demanding if we where run by people who actually know what is going on here, on Rubi-Ka, than a pair of absent leaders.

Static ensues until with an abrupt click your NCU stops humming.

OOC: Sources include:
    Mission: Hackers Connection Thanks to Chebri for the guide and a good source of information.
    Ross addresses OMNI-TEK Leaders
    Henry Radiman speaks to the Clan Leaders
    Last edited by Mirm; Sep 24th, 2004 at 20:01:10. Reason: Tabing wouldn't stay :(