Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

So Miss Maul, you don't like my idea of being able to be bare feet ? (not in your list yet).

Or did I miss something ?
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

lol

yeah make the dumb ideas sticky yeah good one stupid

/me take a towel and wipes the threadcrap away.

Eek, sorry Stercoral. I guess I missed that one! Adding it now.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

One thing, for people in duels anywhere- make it so chat isn't spammed by their attacks.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Yay! Some of it got implemented (glasses and hats).

Now get working on the rest of the list, Funcom!
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Double the size of the button in the boss room.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Lightbulb Some Good Ideas For you guys(FUNCOM)

Instead Doubling the Size of button in boss, Make a Keyboard Shortbut for it... like letter V for instance.... so no matter what size button would be pressing V would make u use lift instead visually clicking on it, sometimes the rooms got bugs on them with the No Line Of Sight.....so you cant clikck on burron till adjust camera. thats not right PLZ make this V button use LIFT when you certain distance from lift plzzzzzzzzzzz. this would be sooo goooood

We know you guys will never fix black doors, so do this, add a button that will rezone the player to the same spot. this way he does not have to relog then try to find his team. it would REZONE him in the same spot he started rezone. and if you GMs think people would abuse this feature, well they wouldnt cause if someone would try to rezone in battle they would simply die .
    This would be a good TEMP solution to your blackdoor problems, at least this one would WORK :P............

Also another good idea u missed "MissMaul" is they should add a feature where your shortcut bar gets uploaded to server, i have logged on 8 different machiined and on all of them shorcutbar gets screwed up everytime i relog on diifferent machine, my suggjestion is to make the client at the end of every LOG, uppload the small 5KB file with shortcut bar setting to server, and when client goes to next machine to LOG on, it would download the shortcut bar file, and then you would be able to log in with the setting on your BAR the Way you want it, insead screwed up with items from inventory in bar. this would help alot people (Like me) allways when i log on new machine i have to spend 10 15 minutes to set that stupid bar, when if you guys would have this feature it wouldnt waste any time.

Also i got question for the server updating, you guys should get rid of croud control this is unfair, you guys came out with Notum Wars thinking it would be good release, but then you guys figured out YOUR servers cant handle all the clients, so you made crowd control.....why dont you guys upgrade your servers. and with that down time you guys have to think of something like have backupserver running while you patching real server so there would be no down time i belive this week was about 10 hours downtime total. thats insane....... for a big company like yours to do this. you guys need to hire some networking consultants and think up of a bette structure of your networks, and servers, cause if you notice all the big companies ALLWAYS have backupservers, i guess you guys dont since this month all this SERVER DOWN TIME...... plz do something this is pretty sad for a miltimillion company lke yours to operate this way, you have so many customers, playing to play, but cant play cause you guys are patching the Patch 4th time. you guys should at least have 2 servers running update one kick ppl offf 1st then they would relog that second to updated server. think of something, anything etter then down time. thank you for listening..
    Last edited by Kush; Dec 16th, 2002 at 16:37:52.

trhats a great idea, didnt they make a game like that? oh yeah the sims
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

the funniest thing is that ... The Sims Sux
    Account Created : 2001-10-13 23:06:00
    Merphisto

Funkula

Excelllent ideas

I doubt Funcom would put in half of these but if they did Anarchy would be an unbelievable gaming experience !!!!!

keep it up u rock

PS u ever considered applying for a job at Funcom =) hehe

i got a better idea how abotu we make a videogame company so we can make all those idea come true, yeah would be great ...... Only one problem, theres a thing we dont know ...... how to make a game ^^
    Account Created : 2001-10-13 23:06:00
    Merphisto

Funkula

Re: Excelllent ideas

Originally posted by Letaherfist
    I doubt Funcom would put in half of these but if they did Anarchy would be an unbelievable gaming experience !!!!!

keep it up u rock

PS u ever considered applying for a job at Funcom =) hehe
    I'm not old enough.

EDIT: If I were old enough, I would have been an ARK long before now... :\
    Last edited by MissMaul; Dec 26th, 2002 at 08:06:03.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Lightbulb Ideas

Fantastic Ideas everyone!!

I dont know if this idea was brought up, might have been due to the length of this post, buuut with twinking your own characters, create a way for us to transfer items, creds, etc through the banking system. Also make it easier for us to be able to change to a different character w/o having to go allll the way back to the login screen. Either that or make the log out a bit faster. Of course the latter could have to do with my "great" dial up connection. Hehehe.

Cheerio

I had a really nice, well thought out post, but I took too long and I was no longer logged in by the time I hit the submit button.

/sigh

My idea is to have a %c script argument that takes the whole chat line instead of just one word like %1, %2, etc. does.

also, it would be nice to be able to make alias commands for slash commands. For example, I would like to make /ts=/g Team.

Someone already gave the idea to be able to type ":hello org" to say "hello org" on your organization channel, or ";hello team" to say "hello team" on the Team channel. Just wanted to reinforce this one. The closest thing I could come up with was to make scripts: my script called ct does "ch Team", which changes to the Team channel; cv does "ch Vicinity"; co does "ch Omni-Tek Medical Academy" which changes to my organization's channel. So, I just have to type "/ct" to change to the Team channel, etc.

Another idea: how about actually having stuff in the shops! I'm tired of going to a shop for armor and there is one or two boots to choose from. That's no way to run a shop!

Being able to sort by name, QL, or price in the shops.

Have the option to have the shop only show me what I can afford at the moment, or make stuff I can't afford show a red price.

Keep up the great ideas, people! Funcom would have to be SOE stupid to ignore great free ideas! (no that's not a typo )

Another idea

Dunno if this has been listed yet (its a really long thread), but try this:

In OT and Neut apartments (dunno bout Clan), theres a terminal on the wall. Well, OT has a terminal in the entry hall, Neut has a safe-looking thing in the main room. These would make exellent bank terminals.

Ok, ok, I know the regular bank term is just outside. But Im lazy
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Unhappy OOPS!

My bad! There are a few chat commands that do what I wanted, according to a message on another forum I read:

/s <text> (shouts in the area)
    /v <text> (regular vicinity chat channel)
    /w <text> (whispers to people very near you)
    /o <text> (your organization channel (I haven't tried it yet))

The only thing that I wanted that doesn't have a simple way to chat was to the Team channel, so my request then is to have /t for talking on the Team channel. Meanwhile, I just set my default to Team (/ch Team), then use the above commands for the other channels.

Kydan

More Ideas

I played AO back in beta, and for a short while after, and just recently returned. I have been playing Asheron's Call for a while, and EQ before that, which I also played back before AO beta. Anyway I got some ideas which I think would be nice to add.

1) The ability to Inscribe an item. Such as a wedding ring, or a leet doll. And while at it, let others be able to select items weilded, such as your gun, floaty things over shoulders, etc, so they could actually look at the stats or read inscriptions.

2) Personal computer pads (books) which you can write in and keep notes. Connect it to your map so you can mark customized locations. This should be possible if 1 is possible above.

3) Public Map Terminals where you can pay a small fee, like a mission terminal, to find local shops, whompas and exits from the city. Finding the right shop as a newbie is really hard.

4) More items in shops. And distinctive shops. There are numerous NPC venders who sell the same stuff as a machine shop, but with less selection. Make specialty shops (like Amandas Boutique in Omni-Ent) actually sell specialty items. I went all the way out there last night, and they sell the exact same thing as several other shops. Only Miir sells different clothing it seems. Make some competing fashion lines. And some clothes that even newbies can afford.

5) Furniture and Apartments. Said many times above, and I agree. Make an entire furniture shop with multiple machines selling different things, such as art, furniture, plants, lamps, etc. And make some affordable. Like a cheap, white trash looking sofa for newbies, with better quality for more money.

Instead of having multiple keys for apartments, have a right click-hold option on your passkey to disable it, so you automatically go into other peoples apartments with them, even if it's the same door as your own apartment.

And definately increase the number of items in a apartment. In Asheron's Call (AC) you can have 3 hooks in a apartment plus a storage chest. A cottage has 50 hooks with 25 usable, plus a storage chest. A villa has 75 hooks with 50 usable, plus a dungeon thru a portal, and 2 storage chests. A mansion has like 100 hooks with 75 usable, and 5 storage chests in it's own dungeon, and anyone in the guild can access a mansion.

6) Also better documentation for housing. I looked and looked to find stuff, but it was very hard to find. Better documentation on travel would be nice as well, and how to use the F9 key to find your playarea and location, so you can give someone else directions to find you easier.

7) More dance emotes. Every kind you can think up. And static emotes. A emote which you use, and then it holds that emote or position until you cancel with the stand/sit key, or another static emote. Let non-static emotes be usable in a static emote, so you can interupt it at times, then return to that emote when finished. AC has these also. And a laying down or playdead emote. I liked the option someone said, of sitting, then using the back move button to lay down, with side moves to roll over.

8) A blank machine in shops where you can sell stuff, which is then displayed in the inventory so others can buy from it. Someone elses junk might be your treasure. All you have to do is be able to look for it, and the current shops don't seem to display anything sold.

9) Sorting in shops would be nice also. Sort by QL, Alpha, Name, Cost, Type, etc. And with machines, have them scan the users QL to show them stuff they can actually use. No need then to have Basic, Superior, and Advanced Shops. Everyone would use the same ones. Have it display items within 10 levels +/- of your character, with a option to expand the range listing, or call up specific QL items, for when you are buying ahead, or perhaps just finally got enough money to fill in nanos you don't have yet which are below your current level.

10) Multi-passenger vehicles. If you buy a dune buggy or Hummer type vehicle, you want to be able to carry friends. And it could open up a new portion of the economy. Someone could be a bus driver, taking people on trips to other cities, or playfields for small fees. Perhaps an Agent could hire someone with a fast stealthy vehicle to take them into enemy territory to drop them off. Or use inventory space to carry either passengers, or cargo, for smuggling operations, or just legit trade. And make cheap transportation. Like hoverboards for the lower levels, bikes, motorcycles, jetskies, jetpacks, rollerblades, etc. Things which can boost movement a bit, though not as much as a Yalm. In a game where cybertechnology is so cheap that anyone can get it, it doesn't make sense that transportation is so expensive.

11) And definately more items in shops. Variety is the ****e of life.

12) The ability to go to the tops of towers and buildings. People could have rave parties on a skyscraper, or in a Sky Club.

13) Put Out of Order signs on non-working doors, such as the Apartments buildings by the front gates of Omni-Ent.

14) Make 1st person mode camera moveable. When in 1st Person Mode, I can't look up or down using the num pad. Makes it hard to look at signs.

15) More info about random NPC's in cities. Make them talk and stuff. Like a woman in the redlight district might say a come-on line to you, or a shady guy might whisper about drugs. Right now, I see a few just wander around, but they don't do anything as far as I know.

16) Make the line of 9 buttons in the upper right corner blink when something is added. Such as a mission update in a team makes the mission panel blink orange. A team request does the same to the team panel, etc. It's small, out of the way, and can be ignored, but would help newbies alot.

17) More Nano-Cluster machines. I went into the trades room in a shop, and there are 3 levels with machines. But most of the machines are duplicates. Make them all different. Have a different machine for each type of nanocluster. Head, Wrist, Hand, Feet, Legs, etc. That way you don't accidently spend 1500 creds on a bright nanocluster and then it won't work, and you can only sell it back for 53 creds. (Happened to me last night.) And that seems Very EQish to me. When buying something for that much money, you shouldn't get totally ripped off by selling it back within just a few minutes. In real life, you would get a full refund, perhaps minus a restocking fee. Prices in this game seem very disorganized.

18) More profession usable items on solo missions. I have requested solo missions, where all 5 items were unusable or just not worth using to my Soldier. Stuff like Nano-Clusters for other professions, and vague item names in the mission text. In Identify Item Missions, since you get the item you ID, as well as a reward, the ID item should have a reference so you can check what it is as well as the prize items.

I think that's enough ideas for right now. I'll come back when I think of some more.

Kydan

More Ideas Part Deux

Okay, a few more ideas for character creation.

1) Hair colors independent of face. That should allow more models of face, with just coloration differences. Albino Nano's would work then.

2) More body customizations, mainly for women. Stuff like booty size and chest size. Let a woman make herself petite if she wishs.

3) Facial hair for men, seperate from face.

4) Skin Tone. To make darker or lighter skin tons for the character model.

5) Choice of starting uniform. Make it an actual clothing item, so it can be removed in place of other stuff. Give the characters some undies or something instead.

6) Optional Training Mission which tells people what all the buttons in the upper right hand corner are, and how to use them, as well as other options. Make a seperate door for that, so players can choose it.

And I'm spent.

Kydan

And Yet More...

I missed this above, but I should have mentioned it. Hair styles should be seperate from the face model as well. Start with a bald head with faces, and add hair, and colors, skin tints, and facial hair.

And chat channels need work. I go into a backyard, and all my channels vanish, except team, my private chat channel, and vicinity. Levels 1-10 get the OT Newbie OOC channel also. But for some reason, it's automatically denied after level 10. Make it accessible longer, or forever. It would allow experienced players to listen and help out newbies. And I also don't feel I am experienced enough to not be a newbie, but now I can't use the newbie channel. Give the players control of chat channels, not some arbitrary level restriction. Everyone has a different learning curve. I know of people who don't even know many of their options, who are already level 10. Typing /ch OT Newbie OOC doesn't even bring the channel up. Fix this please.

Lightbulb Jesus loves the little fishies.

Remember the sharks? and the pirahnas? Remember how some crazy mofos exploited that by shooting at them from the shore, where anybody could kill the uber fish, given enough time?(Although the exploit was pretty obvious, should have been spotted earlier)
    Remember how the sharks and pirahnas got poofed? Dejamboozled? Antishanked? Woopfazzed?

Now, some people may argue they like to be able to swim safely, but hey. Screw them. Im big, loud, and don't care about the opinions of others (Just like rush limbaugh!)
    The exploitation fix can be solved easily. As there is NO water combat, Killing a fishy from the shore should give the same xp and loot as guards do.
    None. Just like shooting fish in a barrel, except a larger barrelr, and dumber fish.
    No experience gained, as shooting fish who swim right to the shore is really, REALLY easy.
    Get a harpoon gun, and hang some raw meat off a dock. Its pretty damn easy.
    Only the fish are bigger, and meaner, and so is the harpoon gun.

Don't you miss the concept of swimming across large bodies of water, uncertain of what lurks beneath you?
    Yes. You do.
    I do, and I wasn't even aware that they had removed the sharks before I arrived. A very fun and creepy couple of weeks those were.

Oh, and MissMaul? Do you have plans to somehow get these ideas to the developers? If so, you are my personal heroine.
    I swear, if alot of these idea's are implemented, Ill send money. Cus I REALLY want a more in-depth mission system.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast