Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

Oh a few more.

1) When you are in a group have the name over your head go BOLD so that people know you are grouped. The more people can tell by looking at you the better

2) If you want you should have the option of going /anon. Now this should hide your stats when you do a "t" on a person, and hide your org status over your head.

3) Option to turn off the name over your head. If you want you should be able to turn this off and have people see who you are just by selecting you like in AC.

4) Add new mission interiors to ****e things up a bit and prevent boredom from seeing the same thing over and over again. Also dont just have three of the same type mob in the opening room. Why not have different classes in that room and have them act like a PC team?

5) Have the ability to stand by hitting the "W" or "S" key. This way you can just take off from a sitting position and not have to hit "x" to stand and then take off.

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

What i miss in the game

The character development is excellent.
    The world/environment is beautiful.
    The mission generation is fun.
    The content is ... content? What content? The PvP is practically non-existent and Notum Wars won't make a huge difference

1. GUILDS
    - official cooperation between guilds. Alliances. This should be greatly beneficial in Notum Wars. As it is now, there is no reason why one guild should help another. In NW this situation will not be changed. Build Alliances, and in NW an alliance should be able to have a tower.

2. PvP
    - what pvp? This game (will) succeeds in making some classes completely useless should there be a pvp occasion once every 500 years. Once again, I don't see NW changing this situation. There is no need for strategy, for being cunning, for trying to outsmart your enemies. No real scouting, no real luring out the opposition. Only example I can give of PvP being really developed pretty well is Dark Age of Camelot. It is not perfected, but they are well on the way to it. Currently in AO there is motivation for and no benefit from PvP. NW will change this slightly but not enough by far. See 1. GUILDS on this for Alliances. Also build in extra benefits. Like ranks, increasing your standing with Clan or Omni, and an increased standing leading for example to an increased percentage on looting treasures, or increasing certain skills or abilities a little without needing IP.

3. CHAT CHANNELS
    A bit disorganised. You have to switch around a lot. Too much clicking =P

For me the two main points are the working of guilds (it doesnt do ANYTHING at the moment) and the pvp-content.

I play a lot of SP CRPGs and most of the ones which are pretty complex like AO have quickstart characters so that people can just jump into the game. Perhaps AO could have a quickstart character like a MA in which everything is equipped and ready to go except for the appearance and the name. This would help people just jump into the game immediately.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.

Originally posted by Caprici
    I am tired of looking like a prostitute in anything but armor, coats or robes.
    I hate the fact that it costs so darn much to look like a prostitute. Those things cost more than vehicles! I don't see how that's reasonable.

I do agree with your message, but frankly there are tons of clothes out there which don't make my characters look like prostitutes or tramps, so I'm not quite sure where you're shopping or looking for clothes. Heck, I need a wardrobe in addition to my bank frankly. :P

We'll have to go do some shopping together! Yay shopping!
    Last edited by zeroframerate; Nov 13th, 2002 at 17:22:15.

NPC Dialog

All NPCs should have dialog like the following

If the NPC is a quest NPC it should immediately start talking to you when you double click on it and the quest dialog should be at the top

Next you should have a Directions dialog option which gives directions to static dungeons, whompas, or other points of interest in the game

Next you should have Rumors now rumors should give you rumors of quests, dungeons, or events in the world.

Quest Dialog (only quest NPCs)
    Directions
    Rumors (this helps you find quest NPCs and take part in worldwide events)
    Help (this should give the commands found in the /help command)
    Shopping (Only if vendor)

Billboards and News

There should be big billboards with news around the world or there should be news terminals around the world in which you can get roleplaying based news that points to quests and events players can do. The more roleplaying based stuff the better even if most players dont roleplay.

Crowd Control System

I think that initially you should'nt put this system into operation and you should just see what happens if nothing is done. If things start crashing like you expect and THEN you put the system in place I think players would be more accepting of it because it will then be obvious that something really needs to be done. Also the removal of people from the zone should be as random as possible with NO balancing constraints. I really dont like any artificial constraints on competition. Chaos should reign and EVERYONE in the zone should have the same chance of getting the boot out of the zone if lag gets bad. Be fair.

Last edited by Bonk; Nov 13th, 2002 at 20:02:18.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.

Nifty stuff! Might I also add a web browser? There are tons of computer terminals everywhere, but they're all just part of the scenery. Some of these could be used for the aforementioned mail system, where you plop in an item for another player and they can pick it up at their leisure. But another could be an honest-to-gods web browser. Access the 'net from within AO!

And of course, we could have laptop and palm computers for the same purposes. Expensive, another money-sink, dependant on computer literacy, and yet another item we could buy from computer merchants.
    --- Sly
    a.k.a. "Chazzer," level 52 Omni trader, Rubi-Ka 2

Smile

Yes a AO network... Where you could make a guildpage ingame, and where you could start newspapers, would help the roleplay playing ALOT...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Crack down on eBay!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

On the character page on AO's site, which is a really good idea, it should also have the following

Title
    Token Board Level
    Server

Fear is the Mind Killer.

Neet!

I would like to see:

- The ability to put 'pins' on your map, perhaps even upload a mark on team member's maps.
    - Love the mission highlight idia, I hate getting lost in missions.
    - A selling terminal would be wonderfull! The idia came up a long time ago but I think it was ignored. I realy like the idia of being able to just post an item and set a price. It would be nice if it worked even while you were offline. Great idia Soyuz, public terminals would be great.
    - More clothing would be nice, and I realy wana see a clothing tab so you can just hotswitch to your choosen dress. Also an ability to 'sheath' your weapons. You could just have them poof, thats fine with me.
    - Mmm, regular glasses, I want some!
    - Guild houses are good, I like the idia. A guild bank would be great also. I hate just geting rid of stuff I know others could use or think they can.
    - Think we all wana be able to sit in those nice chairs you made.

Nipple Tassles!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Anyone remember "Third rock from the sun" TV series?

I wanna be able to do Harry's stance for incoming message from "THE BIG GIANT HEAD"

Make meetings more fun!

Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

I got an addition for the Apartments
    The Refrigerators should be like containers. I would like to put my beer in it

Notum laying around in outdoor zones should be hidden and it should only be seem by players with a certain level of adventuring skill. This way players will have a good reason to raise this skill and it will give the poor adventurer a good source of income.

Fear is the Mind Killer.

Is notum laying around like Carbonrich rocks ?
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Two ideas from a lowbie:)

Ok number one. Either an IP reset or more RP points gained at say about 60th-70th level. Come on guys. How many people have tried something only to find out that it did not work as advertised (pistols anyone and then quit or restart a new guy because it was just to hard or painful to go through the heck of changeing. I mean even with a IP reset you would still have to spend a ton of creds and time getting togather new implants and say weapons. Lets face it. At 50th your still learning the game and mistakes will be made.

Now number two. Anyone here also play EQ? Can you think of one really good thing on EQ? I can The bazaar and I mean the whole thing. Not just a central market place. In EQ you zone in. Open the bazaar tradeing window (/bazaar). Set your filters and start shoping. Players can set themselves up as traders useing a traders satchel. They put the items in the bag. Set there prices for them and walk off. The buyers can then set filters and search through the items with easy. I am sure funcom could set up there own AO system that would work as well as or even better. I hate watching the auction channel for that BBI faithful that never shows up

Smile nice :)

Very nice ideas
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

Alright, I haven't updated this list in a long time.

I'm sulking HARDCORE tonight, and I don't have much to do, so..

I'll be looking through for stuff to add.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Some new ideas...

What about for chat, a new system:

;NAME TEXT make a /tell
    :TEXT talk in the channel selected / in vicinity

mhmm

some new item could be buyed by advisorz:
    Engagement Ring with like gold, platine, diamond etc... (why not a NOTUM ring LOL ;p)

Great ideas; seems like a good enough place to plop some of my own. Ever since my second char I've wanted severe changes to the bank, most importanly making it larger and accessible by any char on a given account (minus the nodrops of course). Also a better interface with it would make it more useful, and I noticed someone's idea to put it in the apts. A good idea, I might actually go in my apartment then.
    And remind me again why cars are nodrop?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast