Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

Talking skybar

Quote:
    e. Add a SkyBar, which floats above Omni-Ent.
    :End quote

Greeeaaat idea! That would be a great meeting place!
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Would it be possible to have a separate tab for social and combat clothing, and some easy way to toggle between them? Loosing all the armor benefits when wearing socials, but not having to go through the lengthy process of buffing into armor every time you have worn socials.

Is this the end of the ideas?!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Apparently. I can't think of anything right now.

Sometimes though, people don't bother to read the stick posts. "It's moderator crap."
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

For the most part, I LIKE what's on this list...but some of these have serious problems or just plain old suck.

-Do away with the level req. on nanos. (as well as some of the new armors...the level requirement makes them only really worthwhile at level 180+...why wear ql147 s08 when you can wear ql200 elite?, seriously...)

4. Places of Interest (this sort of overlaps Clubs)
    c. Add jails, and make it so we can sue people with the help of ARKs/GMs! -MAJOR problem there....you would need a HUGE amount of ARKS to sue people for all the minor and trivial reasons that there can possibly be in life...ARK would have to triple its staff..

a. Add map marking (Yeah..for now just maybe get Dovve's map?)
    b. Add a mail system, where for some extra credits you can have an item appear directly in a friend's inventory. (Umm...issue with that when the player's inv is full, and they are offline...gets stuck in overflow..they crash upon entering the game, and it gets lost in limbo..

f. JETPACKS! (Meta-Physicists are supposed to be special in that they can fly without a car...you're going to piss off the entire MP population by making jet-packs...not to mention the noise and pollution)

h. If you kill a guard of your own alignment, you lose a token for every 10 levels of the victim. You will still get xp and loot. If you do not have any more tokens you will be foreced to neutral. (you do not currently get ANY XP or ANY LOOT for killing guards, good idea tho)

v. A player marketplace. (That would be VERY good)

w. The ability to buy a Walkman in game, and play mp3s from our own collections. (You CAN just turn off AO music and run your own in the background via computer, or cd-player instead)

k. More wizard-like objects (We're tired of pillows and leet dolls) [Yes, we most definately are...but i guess that's FC's sense of humor]
    r. Special illegal stims that can only be bought in alleys in places such as Newland. [This is what fixers are supposed to be for..they were supposed to have some sort of black market..and they do in a sense in that they have the fixer-only store]

With jewelery/piercings there is a major issue of framerate and also lots of time modeling if you made them 3d. HUGE framerate issue with dropped items...especially if some fixer tries to make wall-art.

boomboxes were also mentioned...but that would suck if some jerk put on an MP3 of someone scratching a chalkboard at super-high volume in the middle of tir or omni-1 and then played it with his speakers off. Think about that...or just REALLY BAD MUSIC
    Last edited by Vojoc; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 01:40:14.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Talking Bless YOuuu

I've Never Seen Such Good Ideas ! You Are a Genius !!!!!

BUMP
    Account Created : 2001-10-13 23:06:00
    Merphisto

Funkula

Darkos, we all have posted ideas, so "we are geniuses" and not "you are a genius".

This way I'm feeling that my genius was neglected and sent to MissMaul only

Stercoral.

Exclamation YES !!!

You're Right ! Stercoral YOU ARE A GENIUS !!!! :-D :-D :-D
    Account Created : 2001-10-13 23:06:00
    Merphisto

Funkula

Thank you very much.

Actually you are a genius too.

Stercoral.

Profession specific mission templates.

Why not allow single and team missions to use mission specific templates for professions?

I'm a little tired of the insane escapee, lab prototype retreival, the rubi-ka art scene and the mutant poisoning.

Add 2 per profession templates to increase the types of missions and give them a little more meaning. You're at the terminal under the advance tab you can select from a drop down menu profession emphasis and choose one. It doesn't necessarily alter the boss loot but it would give a reason for different looking mission areas, reason for mobs and story background to integrate better into roleplay.

Example. A team of six want something a little exotic and so choose an MP mission whether or not they have an MP on the team. The mission area layout ends up looking different then the normal missions perhaps an underground eremite temple, the mobs are a little different, perhaps manifestations and planetary creatures and the boss may not be human or maybe a priest of a cult or something else. The loot probably contains at least one mp item but keeps to the general randomness all the others do.

A doctor mission may involve raiding a labratory and freeing leets or saving people (use lab template)

A fixer mission may be in a Warehouse or Docks area template fighting workers and security personnel

An Engineer mission may involve a factory template with more security bots.

I'd love to just see some new mission templates with a little more pertinent storyline but that wouldn't need to be customizable per se. As a profession I'd love to see the mission templates on all the other professions.

As a roleplayer it would fit in with some nice correspondences. If I need some OmniMed supplies the whole team can do a lab raid and fit leveling in with roleplay.

You could also add Hunting missions. Dependent on the levels the mission booth would key into the hunting area. Mission is complete on retrieval of parts to mission booth (you decide how long you want to spend there) no token available but maybe a hunting area specific item. That might encourage people to go out and explore the world.

Wink Pets in apartments...

-Add the ability to "ding-dong" or "beep" a team member...

-Swimming pools (dive emotes)

-Paint (and/or waypoints)

-Wandering wisemen/crazymen/special-animals (perhaps mission bearing)

-Hot air balloons (1 time use slow warp)

-telescopes

-theres a few more

White Trash

How about adding something that resembles narcotics. I read an article about the "white trash" that the fixers were dealing.

Funcom why dont you add a blank peace of paper into the shops, for slicking or a little container that says "white Trash". For those that want to traffic in this product can do so.

If you want the player base to participate and develope a storyline you need to gvie them the tools to do so.

thank you,

Too much, AHHH

The more clothes and custom makable guild logos you add the more textures the game will have, it's gonna end up a real pain in the neck adding a tool for creation of guild logos would involve a hell of a lot of work, and the memory usage for these logo's would be huge, considering you will probably want ALL players to be able to see it, the more customisation the more memory space it will use

MissMaul, you've already seen these, but I just wanted to post a link to those here who haven't seen them. My ideas on Skill System changes follow:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=51029

Vehicles

A speeder bike or something along those lines would be kewl. Futuristic harley YEA

Originally posted by Warsprite
    k. More wizard-like objects (We're tired of pillows and leet dolls) [Yes, we most definately are...but i guess that's FC's sense of humor]
    i would like to see leet dolls at a ql other than 1, i havent seen any

and has anyone seen a white bikini top to match my white bikini bottom ? if you do ill pay 500k on RK-1

and on the idea of org uniforms, how about being able to buy uniforms that show rank on their shoulders or sleeves that is linked to thier rank in the org, and/or the type of org your in. like naval type epplets for mitary guilds, flags/plumes for fuedal guilds, stripes for departmental, etc.

(i know my spelling sucks, im anoyther brilyant mine distroyed buy the publik edukashun systum)

Combat from Vehicles - Its silly to me that in a futuristic world you don't see combat from vehicles. This may be far out there but bear with me: make new classes that specialize in nano vehicular warfare. For example, aerospace fighter, mecha pilots and heavy armor (tank) pilots will have similar nano formulas as some of the other pet classes, except they take the form of combat vehicles similar to the way adventurers take the form of animal life. With a mixture of self buffs, area of effect attacks, extra armor and or maneuverability, you could really ****e up the battlefield and make the world seem like a futuristic one. In the case of flying vehicles, yes it will be difficult for a melee class to engage one. This would either give them reason to run for cover (perhaps trees will block line of sight) or train a ranged weapon (however, the old saying, "bringing a knife to a gunfight" comes to mind). You shouldn’t nerf and entire game system of aerial combat simply because two of the classes specialize in melee combat. This is a choice that they make in career paths. In real life you wont see a swordsman shaking his fist in the air at a gunship raining fire down on his head... he would duck in a building for cover and call his buddies who are lining up the vehicle with an anti-aircraft weapon. Indoors the pilot classes would simply take a smaller form of the vehicle, similar to the way agents use the ruse line of size decreasing buff.

Another way of doing this would be to give the engineer new nano formulas or make the creation a trade skill. The vehicles would require special skills in piloting, vehicle gunnery, electrical engineering, etc. This would allow classes to specialize in piloting the vehicle instead of their normal weaponry. In the case of heavy armored craft, speed and evasion would be decreased for increased armor, hp and weapon damage. In order to equip the special vehicular weaponry, the pilot would need to be polymorphed in a similar manner as the adventurer animal form buffs. In the case of fast moving attack vehicles, armor and damage are reduced for increased speed and evades. In the case of troop transports, friends would be able to climb inside the polymorphed character to break line of site, while the pilot receives increased armor, hp and slightly reduced movement rates. This type of craft would be useful for strikes deep into enemy territory.
    "Look closely at those who wish to define good and evil, for they will often disguise cruelty and avarice as the perpetuation of their so-called righteousness"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast