Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

Talking

Originally posted by Ghostangel
    would be nice if Funcom would enable a new line of doctor-only portable surgery kits, that would let them change other's face/height/weight.
    Plastic surgery?!

in the appartment, how about a lightswitch to turn on/off the lights on the ceiling?

Also, I'd love to have a dog. ^_^ Would be fun to have it running after me allover rubi-ka, and perhaps fight with me! Sorta like the wen wen, execpt the dog wouldn't hover over my head.

Birdseeds to throw on the ground, and birds would come eat! Not reets, but those other birds you can see sometimes, that you can't fight. Would be cute kinda.

MORE BENCHES ALONG THE ROADS!!! Geez, if I'm running around I might just get a little tired and need a bench you know..

Pet emotes, like /pet sit. or /pet disco, so you can dance with your pet. Hehe Different emotes for each pet type though.. *imagines the slayerdroid doing disco*

Flashlights (did someone mention a flashlight?) that you could put in utils, like the floating torch, but the flashlight lights up ahead of you a bit.

Utility belts, to have more utils. ^_^

Fishing boats! This one came to mind when I was hunting Giant pirahnas with my lvl6 MAs crossbow, fishing IS fun.. too bad you can't bring your fish anywhere. !!! Fishing bag so you can see fish in the 'fish market'!

Better music in the clubs with actually people singing in'em. And where's the bass? I thought clubs was supposed to blast your ears off?!

Emotes:

/tieshoe
    (not "ties hoe", but "tie shoe" )

With the /org bank paymembers <amount> feature, why not /org bank paymember <member> <amount>?

/bow
    Last edited by Cham; Jul 3rd, 2002 at 10:43:32.
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Aaaand I have an idea myself!

People say they want a way to identify themselves as a member of their guild. People have suggested shirts, cloaks, all kinds of things. My turn to speak.

You can buy an item in a shop that works a little like MSPaint. It would be a Badge Creator. You then have two options. You can have a badge with the guild name on it, or a badge with the guild logo. If you choose the first option, you are then allowed to choose shape, color, font, ect. The badge is created, you type in the number of copies you want, and you are charged x amount of credits for each badge. You are then free to distribute them to other guild members. A master is also created, and you can use it with the item again to edit or make more copies.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Sweet!
    ~Trolls~

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

Sticky indeed

Well there are so many ideas and so many of them sound so cool. Although for one reason or another I'm sure many of them would not fit FC's plans for AO. Too many of them either would make some things too easy in-game or just be too much designing and coding for a new accessory or whatever that would really please the heck out of like 100 people and bore everyone else.

I do have one idea that comes to mind right now that is of a slightly different nature than most of these listed becasue it is more about actual gameplay, but like most of these will most certainly never see the light of day on Rubi-Ka.

I think NPCs should not be able to run whatever hostile prog they want to unless we actually have the NCU free for said prog. Friends can't run them on us if we don't have the NCU, we can't run progs after our NCU is full so why do they get to? If I fill up my bot's NCU (hard for me to do unless I cast meaningless stuff on him) I can't put on anything else... Isn't it just fair for NPCs to have to follow the same rules we must follow?

Well I feel a bit better now - and this will never happen

XP Bar

From a thread on the Next Patch forum.
    There is an idea about to display a different color between the XP Saved and the XP unsaved. Light Yellow, Dark Yellow

You understand my mean....

I like your idea Miss Maul...

But i dont think a guild logo will improve the performances of the game. This is a great cause of lag. All clients who are witness of the customized shirt have to download a lot of informations, even packet-compressed.

Thumbs up Already seen one hundred times in this forum

Add the possibility to write an argument to the /AFK command.

like:

/AFK have to go to diner
    /AFK bring my son to school
    /AFK Homeworks

you see what i mean.

Talking

Basically, make things customizable! It's more realistic, and we like it

8 |_| /\/\ 9 !
    ~Trolls~

I must say the most pressing matter thus far is guild housing, in my opinion. Many of the larger guilds have taken up residence in/outside static locations, such as bars and whatnot (my own guild, Division 9, is headquartered in Galway Castle), but I don't believe any want to be there. Here are my ideas for guild housing...

-There is simply a place in ent (as there was, or maybe even is now) or Tir or Borealis/Newland with a sign that says "GUILD HOUSING" over it... going inside it would bring you to your specific guild's place, like an apartment. Maybe even a seperate "guild housing access card" to get in. They would have a save term, a reclaim, and a bank. That's all you'd really need. The layout for the basic model could be something absurdly similar to the current highrise backyard. A guild receives this housing when it has maintained 10 members for a period of 7 days (this will help a lot server-side) Following this there are 2 other models...

The first upgrade model would basically contain the same thing as the basic one, but also an indoor room accessible to only a guild-leader defined group of people, be it 2nd level or 3rd level or whatever. In order to open the door you'd have to "swipe" your housing access card in the door by using it like a lock pick .Inside is a special team-mission generator that has a special setting - what type of reward you can get, whether it be weapons, armor, nanos, implants, or misc (clusters, shields, NCU, Wen-Wens, etc.), as well as a slightly boosted xp reward (say +50%) An officer actually being helpful in the process of acquiring a mission?!? Egad! This model would cost the guild 10 million collective credits to start off with, as well as an additional 1 million per week rent. Should you have insufficient funds in the guild bank to pay the rent, you simply get downgraded to the lower level housing.

The second upgraded version would be the same as the first, rooms-wise, save a few differences. There would be a small 0% zone that is fenced off similar to the arenas, where a guild could carry out a competition free of the threat of gankers. A guild drop-box, similar to the one described in the first post in the thread, where you could dump stuff and guild members with a guild-leader defined access level could retrieve any items they needed. There would also be a grid entry point (not exit) inside. It drops you off in the standard area in front of Omni-1 Trade district grid point. To get to your guild house from the grid... simply go to the "Emergency exit" area on the first floor out towards the west. Maybe you could change the sign to say "Guild housing" but for those without a guild it would still be the standard emergency exit. Whatever. This would call for an initial payment of 50 million credits, a weekly rent of 5 million credits, and a minimum guild member count of 100.

Now just leaving this to the winds... if FC so desired to make the most powerful guilds happy (I know I am included in this group, but don't hate me for it, it IS a good idea), perhaps the top 1 or 2 or 3 of all sides (even neutrals) could be given a custom-made house, with a special door and a special sign outside with the name of the guild. The house would be included in the next patch. This is, of course, completely up to FC.
    Last edited by Intenseheat; Jul 7th, 2002 at 20:30:07.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

That's not a bad idea at all. I particularly like the "swipe card" feature and the idea of fixed layouts, as it ties in with some thoughts I've been having on housing in general.

I've been thinking of giving up my apartment (even now that it's got a ceiling fan ) and moving out to the mutant camps on the outskirts of Borealis. For a start, those shacks are more salubrious than my three-room hovel. As well as having furniture, they're accessible to other people, so you can use them as a place to do business. However, they're not a secure place to store things, you can't decorate them and they're not exactly private areas. We really need something between the two extremes of the inaccessible private apartment and the unsecured public place.

Many people (probably most of us at some time or other) have suggested making apartments accessible to others, but there are a few problems with the idea which usually aren't addressed. The big one is how to get someone into a friend's apartment which shares the same front door as their own appt. This is likely to be fairly common, as I think the majority of people probably have a place in Backyard 1 of their particular city, and there are only four doors in there to choose from.

The problem is that you don't need to use your keycard to make it work, you just need to carry it. However, what if the keycard was just a container for the character's keys? To enter an apartment you have a key for, open the keycard as if it was a backpack, select the appropriate key and use it on the door as if it was a lockpick. This way, it doesn't matter how many of your friends' apartments are behind the same door, you can control which one you access. Make the keycard and individual keys no-drop items, and make sure you can only duplicate/trade your own apartment key.

Some apartment commands, to control access:

/apartment changelocks [all] [name] - renders duplicated keycards useless, either for all keyholders except the owner or for a specified keyholder or list of keyholders.

/apartment access [open] [athome] [locked] - controls how other keyholders are allowed to access your place. [open] allows access when you're not there, [athome] allows access when you're in, but not if you're out and [locked] prevents access to any but the owner.

/apartment evict [all] [name] - boots troublesome individuals out of your appt. and zones them to the backyard.

/apartment move - resets your apartment, allowing you to select another one as if you'd lost your key and /petitioned. Might save a few ARK's some time, too. Only usable from outside, and for preference requiring some sort of confirmation before it takes effect.

I'd prefer to see individuals able to hold multiple apartments. Under the current system, this would be tricky to do. However, if individuals were able to buy additional apartments of differing levels of quality (ie. nicer layouts) from vendors, and add them to a keycard, this would solve the problem nicely. Under this system, you wouldn't need the "/apartment move" command, as you could just buy another place and delete the existing one.

Speaking of layouts, we know funcom can do them. Personally, I'd love to be able to buy an apartments with some of the layouts I've seen in missions. It would solve the furnishing problem (it's all built-in) while allowing you to personalise the place with decorative items.

One last thing, a small item Funcom could add to vastly improve even the basic apartment - sleeping pads. I saw these in a mission in Athen Shire, three bedroll-type things lying on the ground. They didn't affect pet/mob pathing, and it'd be a lot more satisfying than logging out sitting on a bare floor every time...

Comments?

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Jul 8th, 2002 at 13:05:43.

XP

XP saved from a different color than XP unsaved
    on the yellow XP Statistic Bar (like light yellow and dark yellow)

sob, that is a beautiful idea )

Everyone forgets about the Stickies.... /me cries
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

hmmmmmmm

How can I have failed:

(a) to notice this thread previously;

(b) to thank the always-charming MissMaul;

(c) to bump this thread to the top of the heap; and

(d) to congratulate MissMaul on going sticky.

/me thinks she has either been working too hard or sipping too many of the drinks on the way to the tables.

MM

P.s. I ready the sticky threads first.
    Last edited by Margause; Jul 12th, 2002 at 19:13:23.

Talking

Ok MissMaul check out my idea that i posted a day ago here. Yes i know that no one payed attention at the time (ok 3 people) but i still think its a dam good idear! tell me what you think! hehe and mebbe try to bump it?

I've heard many ideas similar to that, like a marketplace...I'll add it.

I would have been adding things, but it's really hard on a laptop + 56k, so now that I'm home I need to start paying more attention
    ~~~~~

Exclamation

funny how you added my idea, MissMaul. I was thinking more of an extra terminal that they could add into all the shops, with another section for it, just like the pre-made implants section that was added a while ago.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast